+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Start-Up Visa directly?

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
@startup2019 my Letter of Support is valid for 1 year

I'm surprised that yours is valid for only 6 months. I sense you were expected to immediately apply for WP once it was issued.

The Letter of Support is a very important document for SUV if not the most important.

My advice will be to reach out to the incubator to extend the validity (in that case, they will also need to update the one sent to the Government)

When is the AOR of your PR application?
Hi, May I jump in!

My Support letter is valid for 6 months too. Actually, it is also said on IRCC website that "Each Letter of Support is valid for a period of six months from the date it was issued. "
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5759-application-permanent-residence-business-immigration-program-start-business-class.html

When exactly was your letter issued? Im thinking maybe it was valid for 1 year before. But im not sure

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
@Rach03 from the link you shared, validity is 6 months and you're expected to apply for PR before it expires.

I guess if you apply before the Letter of Support expires i.e. within the 6 months window, then your application will still be processed.

Anyway, my own LoS is valid for 1 year. I just checked it again to be "triple" sure.

Rajiv1078

Mar 24, 2020
india
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi ! I want to apply in the Start Up Visa program but the problem is that the Attorney will only make the business plan and we have to tie up with the incubator ourselves. We want a complete package i.e. upto getting the PR . But till now have not found the consultants. Any advice or contact details of the consultants

Reactions: Tshani ngoy guy
Mar 11, 2020
Hi ! I want to apply in the Start Up Visa program but the problem is that the Attorney will only make the business plan and we have to tie up with the incubator ourselves. We want a complete package i.e. upto getting the PR . But till now have not found the consultants. Any advice or contact details of the consultants
Yes how I can apply for a visa

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

I am going to apply for work permit and PR. I already got Letter of Support.

@itsmelee & @teejax would you share your work permit progress please? how long it took?

Thank you

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
can you tell the cost and the immigration agent contact details
I don't believe on agents or consultants. They may charge you big money and there is no guarantee of success. If you are a real entrepreneur, you will do it yourself.

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi,

I am going to apply for work permit and PR. I already got Letter of Support.

@itsmelee & @teejax would you share your work permit progress please? how long it took?

Thank you
Dear Sadi21, Please help me while sharing some of the ideas on how did you get letter of support. Do you recommend any particular Venture Capital or Angel Investor or you went with Incubators?

I have over 15 years of Hotel Finance experience mainly in Dubai. I have the ability to run a very good business.

Please advise, Thank you.

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Dear Sadi21, Please help me while sharing some of the ideas on how did you get letter of support. Do you recommend any particular Venture Capital or Angel Investor or you went with Incubators?

I have over 15 years of Hotel Finance experience mainly in Dubai. I have the ability to run a very good business.

Please advise, Thank you.
There are more than 70 VCs, AI & incubators. Each one of them look for a particular business idea in a particular field. You have to find one which is more relevant to your field and pitch them your idea.

Mark Boucher

Apr 10, 2020
I have a small query and would appreciate your views on the same. I am the only founder of my tech business and looking to apply under the SUV program. How does IRCC view applications from a single founder vis-à-vis from a multi-founder company? Are such companies at a disadvantage compared to companies run by a team?