+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a PR status as a Protected Person

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
Hello Everybody.

As a Protected Person i applied for PR Status on 28 June 2012 Since then they sent Couple pages of application form back to me. So i refill and sent back to them. But when i was checking the status of my application on cic web page, it was showing that my application recieved on June 28 2012. So Yesterday i recieved my Medical Examination form from cic and i checked the status of my application on their web page. Now it is showing that My application is in Process. They started processing my application on June 20 2013. So this means they started processing my application after 1 year they recieved my application. On the Check Processing Times section it shows that first step is 13 months Second step is 10 Months.

My question is: I send my application last year and i already waited 12 months. So will i have to wait another 13 months for the 1st step and another 10 months for the second step. Or after i sent my Medical Examination results how long it will take to get the Status if everything goes ok. Has anobody experienced or has knowledge about this kind of situation please make some comments.

Thank you in advance for the answers.