February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hey guys,

I am currently on a closed work permit, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I got laid off last month which means I won't be able to work anywhere else until I get my work permit. I applied for more than 8 months ago, so I am hoping it will come sometime in 3 months or so. My question is if I get another job can I go to the border and get another work permit for the new employer.

My current close work permit is valid till June 2017, but that's useless since I can't use it to work anywhere else. This closed work permit thing is really useless, it makes things so complicated for us as well as the visa officers. Now I can apply for a BOWP using my file number but that won't come for another 4 months or so and if everything goes well by God's grace I should receive my PR even before that. My question is can I get another work permit now so that I can start working immediately?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
sweetyvenky1 said:
I was recently nominated under skilled worker PNP, (there is employment restriction on my PNP)

I sent my application to CIO sydney
I have received my EP, UCI, AOR number now waiting for medicals
My work permit is going to expire on Nov 9th
now I am planning to apply for work permit at border by doing flagpoling.

Now my question is can I apply for open work permit because I received AOR , EP number from CIO sydney office even though there is restriction on my employment. (want to avoid my employer compliance fee).... (what kind of work permit iam eligible for had anyone had same issue befor plz share)

I called CIC call center many times but each time i am getting diffrent answers....
Unfortunately if there is a restrictions on your employment indicated on your PNP certificate then you are not eligible for a BOWP. You are only eligible for the employer specific (or closed WP).

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Hello all,
Please I have a few questions:
Does a PNP certificate without a job offer also qualify to apply for work permit?
What kind of what permit can that be? Open or closed? I ma asking in the context of SINP OID.

kunalg812

Dec 7, 2016
Hi,

I have received my BCPNP nomination and have already applied for PR. I am currently working and living outside of Canada.
I was wondering if I could separately apply for Work Permit, so that I can start working in Canada, while I wait for my PR.
Can anyone suggest the procedure to apply for the work permit against the BCPNP?

Thanks.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
You can apply at the border provided you have and your company paid the compliace fee.Pls dont go to the border they are rude and unreasonable .Find a consultant and make an application with proper guidance .I made that mistake and I am on restoration now

Reactions: Boltj194

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
You can apply at the border provided you have and your company paid the compliace fee.Pls dont go to the border they are rude and unreasonable .Find a consultant and make an application with proper guidance .I made that mistake and I am on restoration now
can we go to border to get work permit with supoort letter from province ?