+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying CEC while CSQ application is in progress.

CEC_CSQ

Dec 29, 2017
I am residing in Quebec on temporary work permit which will expire this October 2018.
My employer has initiated and applied for CSQ (in progress) in hopes of extending my work permit.
But I have no intention to stay in Quebec.
  1. Because my wife is not getting a job. Quebec do not accept her educational degrees, while rest of Canada and the world does !!
  2. I do not know French, I cannot progress in my career.
  3. We find it difficult to interact with govt. & public services and gets discriminated sometimes.
I cannot tell my employer that I am leaving the employment without getting a PR because I am on a closed work permit with that employer and have LMIA too.

I cannot change jobs to any other province because I am on closed work permit. The employers in other provinces are not willing to employ me because I do not have a PR and they are not keen on going thru costly LMIA process to hire me.

I didn't know all of these problems with Quebec before coming here. If I had known, I would have found employment anywhere else in Canada. But currently I am in a pickle because I didn't do proper research.

I am planning to apply for CEC because I have completed 1 year in Canada now. Because a link from CIC site says I can apply from Quebec.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29
Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?
Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec.
My Question is:

Will a CSQ application in progress affect CEC application and vice versa ? Are they interconnected ?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I am residing in Quebec on temporary work permit which will expire this October 2018.
My employer has initiated and applied for CSQ (in progress) in hopes of extending my work permit.
But I have no intention to stay in Quebec.
  1. Because my wife is not getting a job. Quebec do not accept her educational degrees, while rest of Canada and the world does !!
  2. I do not know French, I cannot progress in my career.
  3. We find it difficult to interact with govt. & public services and gets discriminated sometimes.
I cannot tell my employer that I am leaving the employment without getting a PR because I am on a closed work permit with that employer and have LMIA too.

I cannot change jobs to any other province because I am on closed work permit. The employers in other provinces are not willing to employ me because I do not have a PR and they are not keen on going thru costly LMIA process to hire me.

I didn't know all of these problems with Quebec before coming here. If I had known, I would have found employment anywhere else in Canada. But currently I am in a pickle because I didn't do proper research.

I am planning to apply for CEC because I have completed 1 year in Canada now. Because a link from CIC site says I can apply from Quebec.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29
Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?
Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec.
My Question is:

Will a CSQ application in progress affect CEC application and vice versa ? Are they interconnected ?
No it will not affect both are mutually exclusive ...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi poisonapple,

I thought individual need to withdraw the CSQ application when they receive an ITA for Express Entry. Is this still not the case ?

that's not the case. You need not withdraw CSQ application after you receive ITA. If you get CSQ then just trash it.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
that's not the case. You need not withdraw CSQ application after you receive ITA. If you get CSQ then just trash it.

Thank you APPNOV2014NY for clarifying.

Noting can be done once QSW Federal is applied correct ? . Anything can be done before getting the AOR or after getting AOR...

CEC_CSQ

Dec 29, 2017
My question was like if we apply Federal application for PR as QSW... Can we also apply for Express entry at the same time from Quebec. Or we need to go with which gets processed first.

I have the same question too. I will wait for APPNOV2014NY to answer the above question.

CEC_CSQ

Dec 29, 2017
I have one more question, In CEC document list, there is a letter called "Letter of offer from the employer".

I have been working with this employer for the past one year. So this is not an "arranged employment offer" because I am already working for the same employer. I have positive LMIA too from the same employer. I have signed a letter of offer from the employer before joining them.

Can I use that Employment Agreement as Letter of Offer ?

Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

Last edited:

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Thanks APPNOV2014NY

It's not quite clear there for QSW Federal and EE CEC. I have posted the question there. Let's see
You cannot have 2 applications to be processed in parallel for an immigration category , you have to withdraw one !!! You can have work permit and PR applications as these are two different categories but federal stage of QSW and CEC not as they are both intended for PR !!!