+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply with Family or Single for Canadian PR

Mar 19, 2024
Hi,

I have been a skilled professional in Canada for over a year.
My CRS score is 494 if I apply without my dependents, and with my spouse\dependents the score is 467...

Kindly help me understand based on the current situation, what is the best route
- Get your PR and then go for the spousal reunion - score 494
- or apply as a family (where I see chances of getting an invitation are less) - score 467

Thanks,
Jasjeet Singh

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have been a skilled professional in Canada for over a year.
My CRS score is 494 if I apply without my dependents, and with my spouse\dependents the score is 467...

Kindly help me understand based on the current situation, what is the best route
- Get your PR and then go for the spousal reunion - score 494
- or apply as a family (where I see chances of getting an invitation are less) - score 467

Thanks,
Jasjeet Singh
What is your NOC? 494 may not even be enough so go with that.

Mar 19, 2024
Sorry i dint understand when you said for OINP is your score selected?

the last OINP draw for STEM category was between 471-480

now i am expecting the next stem draw for OINP might consider 494

suggestion i need is whether i keep my express entry profile at score 494 and once i get PR apply for dependents via spousal reunion or change my express entry to include spouse, then my score drops to 467

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry i dint understand when you said for OINP is your score selected?

the last OINP draw for STEM category was between 471-480

now i am expecting the next stem draw for OINP might consider 494

suggestion i need is whether i keep my express entry profile at score 494 and once i get PR apply for dependents via spousal reunion or change my express entry to include spouse, then my score drops to 467
Look at past OINP tech draws over the past two years and what the score ranges were. What was the last EE tech draw? I think tech draws are going to be fewer because of lack of jobs.