+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

Raman161

Oct 2, 2021
Hi,
I am currently on PGWP in Canada and applied for TRV in June 2021 and have not heard anything form IRCC. I will have to go to India this September due to an emergency. I was wondering if anybody with similar situation applied for TRV in Canada and got it stamped in India recently? Will I have to confirm with CPC-Ottawa that I can submit my passport after passport submission request in any VAC/VFS center in India?
Hey, I am in same situation. Any update on your case?

Reactions: Pranav Vasudevan

Raman161

Oct 2, 2021
Happy to know that you were able to get it stamped from India
I have the same issue …
I have applied for TRV from canada and I have to go attend my Sister’s wedding in Chandigarh .
So what should I do next ??
Whom to contact ? Can you please help me with the process
Thanks
Hey, any update on your case? I’m in same situation

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
In my case, they did not stamp my passport. They re-open my approved file and sent back my passport without stamping. I recommend you to talk to immigration lawyer before taking any step.
Hi How did you end up getting your passport stamped from India?

Mar 16, 2019
Hello , please help me . i applied trv with in canada on 21 july . nothing yet i have to travel to india on 20 october. how can i get stemp in india . should i inform ircc ? thanks you

Hpm

Aug 21, 2019
Call them. They will guide you. I tried they said send web form with your reason and proof.
Did you receive any response/guidance from agent or through web form ? If yes , did they sent you passport stamp request ?

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
In my case, they did not stamp my passport. They re-open my approved file and sent back my passport without stamping. I recommend you to talk to immigration lawyer before taking any step.
Hi
My file was transferred to new delhi after i sent my passport. The status changed from approved to in progress. My passport is still with IRCC. please help on what you did or what happened to your file further.

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Hi. I’m in need of some help. I had applied in Canada for a TRV on September 6 but travelled to India due to an emergency. I got PPR on October 5 and sent passport through two-way courier. Today I received an information letter on CIC account saying your application has been transferred to New Delhi and the final status changed from approved to in progress. My passport is at the IRCC office New Delhi. What should I do? I already live in Canada.

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Hi. I’m in need of some help. I had applied in Canada for a TRV on September 6 but travelled to India due to an emergency. I got PPR on October 5 and sent passport through two-way courier. Today I received an information letter on CIC account saying your application has been transferred to New Delhi and the final status changed from approved to in progress. My passport is at the IRCC office New Delhi. What should I do?

ssakshay22

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Did anyone happen to transfer their TRV application to India as they had to leave Canada due to a family emergency? Is yes, how long did the whole TRV processing take after the transfer? Or is there any better way?

Context:
I had applied for TRV mid-july as soon as I received my PGWP and I have not received any update yet (raised webforms and travel exemption enquiry forms). I have an urgent need to travel to India next month and I'm worried how long the TRV processing time would take if I transfer it to India.

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
You can fill it up before boarding your flight too. Payment link (post webform submission) most probably will come to your email id in few days (at least 7 days I guess looking at my own experience and others). Post paying also your passport pick up will be scheduled either next day or two days later. So sit back relax and switch praying from IRCC for approval to VFS global for PP in India :)
Hi did you get your passport stamped from India? I’m in the same situation

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Hi.
Long story.
So I had submitted my TRV application on September 6, 2021 from Canada and had to travel to India a few days after that due to family medical emergency. I raised several webforms and sent emails. I received passport request on October 5, 2021. After going through this forum I submitted my passport through VFS on October 14. In the meantime I had an update in my CIC account with a transfer letter stating my application was transferred to NDVO. I received my passport back today without the stamp.
What to do? I’m a returning worker and have to resume my job.
@canuck78 @legalfalcon @Naturgrl