+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i applied for trv inside canada on 18th feb and came to india ,
i just got approval to submit my passport and can anyone help how to submit passport and what to do after getting approval?
You must send webform to update that you are in India unless you have already done so.

n.a_sg011

Jul 31, 2021
You must send webform to update that you are in India unless you have already done so.
Hello, I have a similar issue. But I applied in Singapore, but need to fly to India soon.

How long will it take for them to reply? Will they send a new passport request letter? And what if the 30 days has lapse and I haven't receive a reply? Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have a similar issue. But I applied in Singapore, but need to fly to India soon.

How long will it take for them to reply? Will they send a new passport request letter? And what if the 30 days has lapse and I haven't receive a reply? Thanks!
You’ll need to update that you are now in India. There is quite a significant backlog in stamping when it comes to India so it’s unclear how long it will take.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Is there any one who applied in December and still waiting for TRV approval
Many could not do biometrics and so their applications were put on hold. There are quite a lot of applications in that position. As people are able to complete their biometrics their applications will start being processed.

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
Many could not do biometrics and so their applications were put on hold. There are quite a lot of applications in that position. As people are able to complete their biometrics their applications will start being processed.
I have valid biometrics till 2031 jan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have valid biometrics till 2031 jan
Did you flag your application for meeting the travel exemption if you meet the travel exemption? Looks like you may have a WP. Do you have a job or job offer in Canada? Do you have a home in Canada with proof of a lease or ownership and current utility bills?

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
Did you flag your application for meeting the travel exemption if you meet the travel exemption? Looks like you may have a WP. Do you have a job or job offer in Canada? Do you have a home in Canada with proof of a lease or ownership and current utility bills?
I have valid work permit till 2023 Jan. I have a job offer letter as restaurant manager and I am on lease , paying rent. I filled a webform mentioning all this. Still no use .

n.a_sg011

Jul 31, 2021
You’ll need to update that you are now in India. There is quite a significant backlog in stamping when it comes to India so it’s unclear how long it will take.
I ended up contacting VFS customer service here in Singapore. And they said as long as it is for TRV and I have the passport request letter, it can be submitted to any VFS office for stamping. No need to submit a webform.

Is that right?

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
Hey, did u get any information on this? My situation is I stuck here more than 6 months but I did my medical exam for my PR application. Not sure will that be consider in my case?
Hi
Have you applied for PR when you are in india?
If yes
For the question "current country of residence "
Did you mention canada or india ?
Thanks in advance.