+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

Oct 16, 2017
Brampton
Visa Office......
Brampton
I got into a situation here and will be grateful if anybody can help me with the information!

I have valid work permit for almost 2 years from now. But my visa is going to expire in this July. So I applied for TRV stamping in April 1st week from IRCC online while staying in Canada and that is still pending for any confirmation to send my passport. Meanwhile, due to some medical emergency I had to travel to India at the end of April and just after one day of my travel, the travel ban was imposed on Indian flights and that ban is still continuing as we know. As a result I cannot go back to Canada before my visa expiry in July.
I already have submitted the webform to expedite the processing as I need to go back soon to save my job there. So if IRCC responses with a confirmation and ask for the passport to send, then what would be the next step that I can take from India.
Is it possible to stamp visa from India(my nearest VFS office is in Kolkata which is not operational for visa stamping right now) considering that I applied TRV stamping from inside Canada?
If it is possible, then what are documents I need to provide and how can I send those document?
Do I need any special approval from anybody to stamp it from India or do I need to intimate IRCC that I need to stamp it from India?
I have already paid the visa stamping fees of CAD 100 when applied for TRV. Do I need to pay any fees to VFS again in case I need to do stamping through VFS?

Also please note that I don't have done biometric as I applied from inside Canada. So biometric is exempted as of now. But if I get the approval from IRCC without biometric as per current rule, will be required again if I approach to VFS for stamping?

Any lead will be highly appreciated!!
I have same situation . Someone told me to submit webform to VFS and get the payment link for 2 way bluedart service.

riri8989

May 27, 2021
has anyone got the payment link for pssport stamping recently i have been waiting in india since febraurary but the vfs is sending the link

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys, I applied for TRV inside Canada in feb 2021 and came to India and waiting to submit passport now. I had done biometrics earlier in Jan 2020 for my pgwp. My question is on the passport submission webform it asks if I enrolled biometrics for this application. Should I say yes or no? I was never sent a biometrics letter because my old one is valid for another 8.5 years.

jyotipatel207

Sep 3, 2019
I got into a situation here and will be grateful if anybody can help me with the information!

I have valid work permit for almost 2 years from now. But my visa is going to expire in this July. So I applied for TRV stamping in April 1st week from IRCC online while staying in Canada and that is still pending for any confirmation to send my passport. Meanwhile, due to some medical emergency I had to travel to India at the end of April and just after one day of my travel, the travel ban was imposed on Indian flights and that ban is still continuing as we know. As a result I cannot go back to Canada before my visa expiry in July.
I already have submitted the webform to expedite the processing as I need to go back soon to save my job there. So if IRCC responses with a confirmation and ask for the passport to send, then what would be the next step that I can take from India.
Is it possible to stamp visa from India(my nearest VFS office is in Kolkata which is not operational for visa stamping right now) considering that I applied TRV stamping from inside Canada?
If it is possible, then what are documents I need to provide and how can I send those document?
Do I need any special approval from anybody to stamp it from India or do I need to intimate IRCC that I need to stamp it from India?
I have already paid the visa stamping fees of CAD 100 when applied for TRV. Do I need to pay any fees to VFS again in case I need to do stamping through VFS?

Also please note that I don't have done biometric as I applied from inside Canada. So biometric is exempted as of now. But if I get the approval from IRCC without biometric as per current rule, will be required again if I approach to VFS for stamping?

Any lead will be highly appreciated!!
I got my passport request today and have filled in the vfs webform. I will let you know the whole process once I get my trv stamped if you haven't received your PPR yet.

Reactions: Sunithanagapuri

Raumkivar

Jan 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

I am on my BOWP which got approved in Oct 2020 while I am in Canada and I came to India in Dec without applying for a TRV visa. My TRV process got delayed and might receive in Aug 2021 and my BOWP expiry is in Oct 2021. To receive my COPR I need to confirm I am in Canada.

My Question is : Am I allowed to stay outside Canada for more than 6 months on my BOWP?

Last edited:

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
I got my passport request today and have filled in the vfs webform. I will let you know the whole process once I get my trv stamped if you haven't received your PPR yet.
Congratulations
May I know When did you applied for trv and have you mailed or filled any webform to expedite the process

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

I am on my BOWP which got approved in Oct 2020 while I am in Canada and I came to India in Dec without applying for a TRV visa. My TRV process got delayed and might receive in Aug 2021 and my BOWP expiry is in Oct 2021. To receive my COPR I need to confirm I am in Canada.

My Question is : Am I allowed to stay outside Canada for more than 6 months on my BOWP?
YOu can stay outside Canada as long you want, it has nothing to do with your BOWP.

syshadcosta

Aug 1, 2018
I have clarified from IRCC that stamping can be done in any IRCC around the world, no matter where the case was processed/approved. You don't need any extra authorization. I have got my passport stamped from USA LA IRCC when the case was initiated in Canada Ottawa, file transferred to India NDVO and passport request came from NDVO. As per this forum, many people have also gotten their passport stamped in India when the case was initiated in Canada.
If there are special cases where IRCC has asked for extra authorization - I can't comment on that. But generally, no extra authorization is needed.
Could you please tell me the process for this. How do you inform IRCCC that you are not in Canada and would like the passport to be stamped elsewhere?

Mkaur62

Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a question. I applied for trv inside canada but got approval when i was in india. And today i submit my passport for stamping after doing all formalities. But i am told that my passport is going to ahmedabad for stamping although i am living in jalandhar, punjab. I am just worried that why it is not sent to delhi. Is there anything to worry about?
Moreover i applied inside canada, so i can i send passport in india for stamping. Is this a problem?