+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

rsy882

Aug 6, 2012
Hi All,

I have recently applied for my PGWP and will be applying for TRV as soon as I receive the permit. However, I have to travel to India in Aug which makes it difficult to get my TRV in time.

Is it possible that I apply for TRV within canada before I leave to India and get my passport stamped in India? Has anybody faced a similar situation to travel to their home country urgently after applying for TRV?

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
Hey, I know this is an old thread but I am in a similar situation and would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this query. Just to repeat, I have a valid work permit but need to travel to India urgently. So is there a way, I can apply for a TRV in Canada and get it stamped in India. Please let me know. Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, I know this is an old thread but I am in a similar situation and would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this query. Just to repeat, I have a valid work permit but need to travel to India urgently. So is there a way, I can apply for a TRV in Canada and get it stamped in India. Please let me know. Thanks.
Yes, it is possible.

You must submit your passport, passport request letter, VFS fees, etc to the nearest VFS/VAC in India after you get a passport submission request

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
Yes, it is possible.

You must submit your passport, passport request letter, VFS fees, etc to the nearest VFS/VAC in India after you get a passport submission request
Thank you so much for your reply, Bryanna. In that case, do I have to call/ inform the Canadian Case Processing office in Ottawa about this? I am trying to reach them but there is no way I can contact. Your suggestions would be really helpful. Thank you once again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply, Bryanna. In that case, do I have to call/ inform the Canadian Case Processing office in Ottawa about this? I am trying to reach them but there is no way I can contact. Your suggestions would be really helpful. Thank you once again.
No. You must apply online. You can provide either your Canada or India addresses.

If you provide an India address then no worries. Simply submit your passport, etc to the nearest VFS/VAC.

If you provide a Canada address then you can email CPC-O when you get a passport request to reconfirm that you can submit your passport in India. CPC-O will most probably reply in 1-2 days

Albert Camus

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

I realize this is an old thread but I was wondering if either of you guys were able to get your passport stamped in India. I am on a work permit and had applied for a TRV. I have been asked to submit my passport for stamping in Canada but I will be leaving for India soon and might not have enough time to get my passport stamped in Canada. Any help would be valuable. Thank you!

PS: I have mailed CPC seeking approval but it's been a week and I have not heard back from them. I am apprehensive about leaving without a TRV but I cannot afford to miss my sister's wedding.

Albert Camus

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

As per your inputs, I should have heard back from CPC-O. Should I be concerned that they have not responded yet?
I had mailed them even before my TRV was approved and their automated response says the service standard is 20 days. I have also mailed the Canadian High Commissioner's Office in New Delhi. I was asked to do so by VFS.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

As per your inputs, I should have heard back from CPC-O. Should I be concerned that they have not responded yet?
I had mailed them even before my TRV was approved and their automated response says the service standard is 20 days. I have also mailed the Canadian High Commissioner's Office in New Delhi. I was asked to do so by VFS.
I would email CPC-O again and request for urgent confirmation

Will you be staying in/around NCR?

Albert Camus

Sep 6, 2017
Unfortunately, no. I will land in New Delhi but will be travelling to a city close to Hyderabad on the day I land. I can spend a couple of days in Delhi on arrival if I have to. I mailed them today to let them know that my TRV has been approved. I will try mailing again and ask them if they can respond as soon as they can.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, no. I will land in New Delhi but will be travelling to a city close to Hyderabad on the day I land. I can spend a couple of days in Delhi on arrival if I have to. I mailed them today to let them know that my TRV has been approved. I will try mailing again and ask them if they can respond as soon as they can.
No, not required to stay in Delhi.

The reason I asked this is because you have emailed the wrong visa office i.e NDVO.

I suggest you email the Bangalore visa office to confirm you can submit your passport to either VFS Hyderabad/ VFS Bangalore (whichever is closest to where you will be)

Albert Camus

Sep 6, 2017
Oh that makes sense. I just mailed the Bangalore visa office for approval. Will I need approvals from both CPC-O and the visa office in India?
I appreciate you taking the time out to look into my queries. Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh that makes sense. I just mailed the Bangalore visa office for approval. Will I need approvals from both CPC-O and the visa office in India?
I appreciate you taking the time out to look into my queries. Thank you!
An email confirmation from only the Bangalore visa office would be good enough

Albert Camus

Sep 6, 2017
Update: I was able to get my passport stamped in India for a TRV that was approved in Canada. It may be a good idea to get an approval from the local visa office but in my case I was not asked for any sort of letter. They were content with the fact that my application was approved online and were happy to stamp my passport.