+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I received a correspondence letter which contains the information related to biometrics. I have already given biometrics in 2020 valid till 2023 January.
Usually biometrics valid for 10 years. Did they asked you to do your biometrics? If your application transferred to India then drop mail to Delhi immigration and tell them.

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
Usually biometrics valid for 10 years. Did they asked you to do your biometrics? If your application transferred to India then drop mail to Delhi immigration and tell them.
This is what they mentioned in the correspondence letter.

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2031 for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:

• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your CIC MyAccount
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website.

Do I need to mail anyone regarding this letter or just need to wait for PPR. it seems to be little bit weird. any suggestions please and thank you.

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
This is what they mentioned in the correspondence letter.

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2031 for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:

• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your CIC MyAccount
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website.

Do I need to mail anyone regarding this letter or just need to wait for PPR. it seems to be little bit weird. any suggestions please and thank you.
This seems to be just a information letter about your biometric. Better you should carry when u travel. As per me you don’t have to do anything but just wait for PPR. You can search with “correspondence letter for biometrics” under Canada visa where you will get to know there are others who got this letter n rest

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
This seems to be just a information letter about your biometric. Better you should carry when u travel. As per me you don’t have to do anything but just wait for PPR. You can search with “correspondence letter for biometrics” under Canada visa where you will get to know there are others who got this letter n rest
Thank you for your suggestion

Aikankshi

Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone, is getting Original Passport Request equivalent to Visa approval? or they are two separate documents?

riri8989

May 27, 2021
Hello everyone, is getting Original Passport Request equivalent to Visa approval? or they are two separate documents?
i have the same question
and i also wanted to ask i got my original passport request while i am in india so do i need to inform the IRCC that i came to india?

Rudraksha

Jun 22, 2021
I got into a situation here and will be grateful if anybody can help me with the information!

I have valid work permit for almost 2 years from now. But my visa is going to expire in this July. So I applied for TRV stamping in April 1st week from IRCC online while staying in Canada and that is still pending for any confirmation to send my passport. Meanwhile, due to some medical emergency I had to travel to India at the end of April and just after one day of my travel, the travel ban was imposed on Indian flights and that ban is still continuing as we know. As a result I cannot go back to Canada before my visa expiry in July.
I already have submitted the webform to expedite the processing as I need to go back soon to save my job there. So if IRCC responses with a confirmation and ask for the passport to send, then what would be the next step that I can take from India.
Is it possible to stamp visa from India(my nearest VFS office is in Kolkata which is not operational for visa stamping right now) considering that I applied TRV stamping from inside Canada?
If it is possible, then what are documents I need to provide and how can I send those document?
Do I need any special approval from anybody to stamp it from India or do I need to intimate IRCC that I need to stamp it from India?
I have already paid the visa stamping fees of CAD 100 when applied for TRV. Do I need to pay any fees to VFS again in case I need to do stamping through VFS?

Also please note that I don't have done biometric as I applied from inside Canada. So biometric is exempted as of now. But if I get the approval from IRCC without biometric as per current rule, will be required again if I approach to VFS for stamping?

Any lead will be highly appreciated!!

Last edited:

Siva chaitanya

Feb 25, 2021
Hi..
Is there any update regarding your visa stamping process

riri8989

May 27, 2021
hello everyone as the passport stamping in delhi is resuming tomorrow what do we need to do with the passport submission letter