+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

Mkaur62

Jun 7, 2021
Did you applied trv inside canada? And got approval while you were india?
Secondly, did you raise webform notifying ircc that you are going to india ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don’t need any letter or anything to submit ur passport. Once VFS open follow the process of stamping passport. There are so many cases like you.
You can’t just send in your passport and arrange the courier unless you have received a request to send in your passport unless I am wrong. Don’t believe you can just arrive in India and be able to send in your passport for stamping. If you get an email asking you to submit your passport with all the courier instructions then you can submit your passport. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
You can’t just send in your passport and arrange the courier unless you have received a request to send in your passport unless I am wrong. Don’t believe you can just arrive in India and be able to send in your passport for stamping. If you get an email asking you to submit your passport with all the courier instructions then you can submit your passport. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
I have clarified from IRCC that stamping can be done in any IRCC around the world, no matter where the case was processed/approved. You don't need any extra authorization. I have got my passport stamped from USA LA IRCC when the case was initiated in Canada Ottawa, file transferred to India NDVO and passport request came from NDVO. As per this forum, many people have also gotten their passport stamped in India when the case was initiated in Canada.
If there are special cases where IRCC has asked for extra authorization - I can't comment on that. But generally, no extra authorization is needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have clarified from IRCC that stamping can be done in any IRCC around the world, no matter where the case was processed/approved. You don't need any extra authorization. I have got my passport stamped from USA LA IRCC when the case was initiated in Canada Ottawa, file transferred to India NDVO and passport request came from NDVO. As per this forum, many people have also gotten their passport stamped in India when the case was initiated in Canada.
If there are special cases where IRCC has asked for extra authorization - I can't comment on that. But generally, no extra authorization is needed.
Not talking about authorization but needing a request from the Indian consulate to submit your passport through VFS. The poster was wanting to submit their passport without a request.

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
If you ask me I am gonna send directly. I didn’t see anybody got any authorisation letter and you have a recent example of @canadacec2021.

Mkaur62

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone need some advice, as it is updated that flight ban is extended for another month ( till july 31)
Currently I am on work permit which is expiring in the month of august 5/21, and due to covid and lockdown in india, my trv is still pending (stamping pending because of vfs and vac centre closing). Is there any way that i can travel to canada on the expire Work permit if i received visa (TRV, in case vfs open before july and my passport get stamped, before the expiration of my WP)
Please advice.
I also received my copr on basis of express entry , but was put on hold as i was not present in canada at the time of approval. Is there any way that i can get one time visa or some letter to travel to resume my copr or get my copr send to india

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone need some advice, as it is updated that flight ban is extended for another month ( till july 31)
Currently I am on work permit which is expiring in the month of august 5/21, and due to covid and lockdown in india, my trv is still pending (stamping pending because of vfs and vac centre closing). Is there any way that i can travel to canada on the expire Work permit if i received visa (TRV, in case vfs open before july and my passport get stamped, before the expiration of my WP)
Please advice.
I also received my copr on basis of express entry , but was put on hold as i was not present in canada at the time of approval. Is there any way that i can get one time visa or some letter to travel to resume my copr or get my copr send to india
Have you informed IRCC that you are outside Canada and you can’t land via virtual landing. They will be able to cancel the current COPR and then reissue your COPR. Are you applying alone for PR?