+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
URGENT!!!
Hello All, my wife's visitor visa extension was approved while she was in Canada. The passport has an old stamp with the expired visa, we only recd a Visitor record. Time went by and we completely forgot about it until she went to India and was stopped at the airport while coming back. Since the Visitor record cannot be used to reenter Canada. She is now in India and I was thinking what would be the best course of action? Please Help!

Parth Jain

Feb 26, 2020
Hi I am traveling to India for an emergency and I dont have enough time to get my TRV stamped. So after reading all the posts here I decided to email vfs and Ottawa office about getting my TRV stamped in India but so far Ottawa has not responded. Vfs have replied and asked to get permission from Delhi high commision. I am on a work permit. Can somebody help me?

ottaj85

Dec 18, 2019
Hi I am traveling to India for an emergency and I dont have enough time to get my TRV stamped. So after reading all the posts here I decided to email vfs and Ottawa office about getting my TRV stamped in India but so far Ottawa has not responded. Vfs have replied and asked to get permission from Delhi high commision. I am on a work permit. Can somebody help me?
I travelled to India with approval and I got it stamped in India delhi VFS office. Its an easy procudure. Just take the approval with you.

Parth Jain

Feb 26, 2020
I travelled to India with approval and I got it stamped in India delhi VFS office. Its an easy procudure. Just take the approval with you.
Thanks. I am just waiting for the approval right now. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week.

Nov 1, 2020
My study permit will expire in november. I already applied for my PGWP. My visa gonna expire soon. I want to ask that can i leave canada while my PGWP decision is pending. And can i get back to canada when i get my PGWP approval.

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
Hi all,

My spouse is planning to apply for open work permit from India. He already has a TRV valid till May 2021 and would like to travel to Canada in January 2021. If his open work permit doesn't get approved in India by then, will he be able to continue the same application from within Canada with change in address and current country of residence. Kindly answer.

majid.rasool

Feb 14, 2015
hello, I am in a familiar situation as well, I applied for my TRV within Canada on Dec 2nd. the processing time shows it's going to take 53 days to approve it. But due to an emergency, I can't wait until then and have to travel to India asap. So I am wondering if I can apply for stamping in Indian VFS offices after my TRV gets approved here and whom should I inform regarding this. also has anyone successfully got their passport stamped going through the same process? Thanks for the help
hi Sai Kiran,
my wife was in a similar situation and she contacted the Ottawa office where passports go for stamping within Canada and I am going to quote their reply.

"""Please note that your application is in process. If you are in possession of your passport, you may travel outside of Canada. Please be advised that if your application is approved, you may submit your documents to a visa office abroad for processing. Please bear in mind, it will be your responsibility to contact that particular office regarding processing times. If your application is still in process or your application is refused, you will not be able to return to Canada without a valid TRV. Be advised that our office is unable to expedite processing unless there is proof of an emergency such as death or illness. """

also recently my friend wanted to go visit their home country and she wanted to confirm before leaving (because of Covid)so, they contacted the Ottawa office and their response was the same as I mentioned above. So, in short, you can travel but in case your visa gets rejected then you have to apply from your home country and check the processing time from there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello, I am in a familiar situation as well, I applied for my TRV within canada on dec 2nd. the processing time shows it's going to take 53 days to approve it. But due to an emergency, I can't wait until then and have to travel to india asap. So I am wondering if I can apply for stamping in Indian VFS offices after my TRV gets approved here and whom should I inform regarding this. aslo has anyone successfully got their passport stamped going through the same process? Thanks for the help
The Indian office is very backlogged. They are doing the 2 way courier now but it may take a long time to get authorized for you to submit your passport this way. Would make sure you are prepared in case you get stuck for a while.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, so from what I understood, the TRV will be issued from within Canada and I can apply for passport stamping in India but when you mention that "it may take a long time to get authorized for you to submit your passport-this way" do you mean that I have to get some other type of approval separately just for submitting the passport even when my TRV is approved and passport submission request is received from IRCC? if so, what would that document be and whom should I contact to get that approved?. Thanks
Yes you will need approval to submit your passport and go through the 2 way courier. There is a huge backlog of people waiting to submit their passport and so it's impossible to say how long it will take until you are approved to submit your passport.

rdesai90

Jun 26, 2020
Hi @canuck78 ,

Just to clarify what @Sai Kiran Kannuri said. If the TRV application is approved we get the passport request letter from IRCC (which in our case will be coming from Ottawa because we are inland applicants). Can we use that letter to use the 2-way courier service for passport stamping or do we need any separate approval on top of that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78 ,

Just to clarify what @Sai Kiran Kannuri said. If the TRV application is approved we get the passport request letter from IRCC (which in our case will be coming from Ottawa because we are inland applicants). Can we use that letter to use the 2-way courier service for passport stamping or do we need any separate approval on top of that.
You need permission from the Indian office to send in your application in India. You can't just send your passport in.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.
Yes you can go to Mumbai but you may get stuck in India for many months waiting for your TRV and then waiting to get approval for the 2 way courier system to get stamped. You will also need to prove that you are currently employed to return to Canada.

Reactions: vishalkoradia.vk