+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Akildasor

May 1, 2017
Applied WP public policy 26th July 2021 got approved yesterday.
My friend applied on 25th July 2021 got approved yesterday. Same day both.

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi,

My PGWP was approved last night, I applied for it on July 25, 2021.
My current work permit is expiring in exactly a month from now.

I only know it was approved because I checked my GCKEY last night. Will they send us an email or a letter for the work permit extension?
I can see my new expiry date and every other detail but there is no pdf/letter attached.

chandnidesai

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,

My PGWP was approved last night, I applied for it on July 25, 2021.
My current work permit is expiring in exactly a month from now.

I only know it was approved because I checked my GCKEY last night. Will they send us an email or a letter for the work permit extension?
I can see my new expiry date and every other detail but there is no pdf/letter attached.
Congratulations to you too. And they will mail the new work permit to the address within few weeks

Reactions: vtkv

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Congratulations to you too. And they will mail the new work permit to the address within few weeks
Okay thank you. And were you notified through email or did you just randomly check your GCkey? I did not get an email update about it, I just checked it randomly and found out it was approved..

Reactions: CAImmNotifyMe

chandnidesai

Jul 9, 2020
Okay thank you. And were you notified through email or did you just randomly check your GCkey? I did not get an email update about it, I just checked it randomly and found out it was approved..
I actually dont know i had immigration agent who informed me about it. So i am not sure whether did they sent out email or not.

Reactions: canadawonderland

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
I actually dont know i had immigration agent who informed me about it. So i am not sure whether did they sent out email or not.
Hey did you get any information letter?

I applied on July 27 and just right now I got an information letter stating that my file has been forwarded to Etobicoke office. If it normal? And if yes,how much time after it you got the result?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I have submitted my open work permit extension application under the public policy on July 18th. However, I haven't heard back since. Do you guys recommend contacting them to inquire about the status of my application? If so, is there any particular number I can reach them at? My PGWP expires in less than a month.

chandnidesai

Jul 9, 2020
Hey did you get any information letter?

I applied on July 27 and just right now I got an information letter stating that my file has been forwarded to Etobicoke office. If it normal? And if yes,how much time after it you got the result?
I am not sure. I was not able to keep an eye on file as my immigration agent had an access. So i am not really sure.

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
I have submitted my open work permit extension application under the public policy on July 18th. However, I haven't heard back since. Do you guys recommend contacting them to inquire about the status of my application? If so, is there any particular number I can reach them at? My PGWP expires in less than a month.
I submitted my file on july 11 . I went to lawyer yesterday and he showed me that people don’t get work permit under new policy after may26. I think that we have to wait and we will get it asap.

Reactions: CAImmNotifyMe

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I submitted my file on july 11 . I went to lawyer yesterday and he showed me that people don’t get work permit under new policy after may26. I think that we have to wait and we will get it asap.
Did the public policy change between May 26th and July 27th (which is supposed to be the deadline)? If so, what were the changes made during that period?