+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

MatEst

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
My pr application is in process and so far I have received my application number.
Applied for an extension of my wp on July 25, 2021 because my current pgwp is expiring in less than 2 months, on Nov 22, 2021.
Does anyone know if I have to leave the country once my current wp expires or can I stay until they make a decision on my wp application?

Thank you!
Don’t wait for your work permit to expire! Apply for a BOWP

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Don’t wait for your work permit to expire! Apply for a BOWP
Hi thank you for responding.
I thought about applying for BOWP but the agent I spoke to at IRCC on the phone said I cant apply for BOWP yet because I dont have my approved in principle letter which is why I applied to extend my wp under public policy.

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hai,
Kindly comment on this..
our aor is July 2020 and dependent came
To Canada on visitor visa on august 2021 and both visa like visitor visa and work permit will expire on 27 th of this month .. we are planning to apply for sowp and bowp together ..
anybody knows nowadays how many days it will take to get a response from them ?
Thanks .. it’s very urgent

MatEst

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hi thank you for responding.
I thought about applying for BOWP but the agent I spoke to at IRCC on the phone said I cant apply for BOWP yet because I dont have my approved in principle letter which is why I applied to extend my wp under public policy.
oh okay I see! Did you also apply for the PR to TR program? I see you still have a pending PNP apology since June 2020?
I also applied via FSW December 2020 and haven’t heard back.

Last edited:

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
oh okay I see! Did you also apply for the PR to TR program? I see you still have a pending PNP apology since June 2020?
I also applied via FSW December 2020 and haven’t heard back.
No right now I am waiting for IRCC to make a decision on my Work permit extension under public policy and my PR.
Work permit takes 87 days to process so I have about 15 days left.
And for PR I have 6 months left.
Hoping for either of them to come asap because my WP is expiring in less than two months.
Ugh its frustrating :/

Reactions: MatEst

chandnidesai

Jul 9, 2020
No right now I am waiting for IRCC to make a decision on my Work permit extension under public policy and my PR.
Hoping for either of them to come asap because my WP is expiring in less than two months.
Did you received any update??? Can you please share. I am also in same situation like you. Very stressed out. I applied on 26th july

MatEst

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
It will - eventually. I can relate to your frustrations. Sometimes I come here to get comfort that I’m not the only one.
If you’re worried about whether or not you’ll have to leave Canada if your WP expires, you shouldn’t because I read somewhere in the other forum that you’ll be on implied status pending when your application is approved. However, the poster wasn’t very certain as to whether or not you can keep working!
Any ideas?
And on a positive note lots of people on there have been posting their WP approvals - most recent approval was July 22 submission