+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
I've applied on July 12th. Any update on processing times for similar timeline applicants?
Hey bro I also applied on 11th july still waiting for a decision. You got you decision or not? Please tell me asap I am soo much worried about it waiting for your response thank you.

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Applied on July 25th and haven't heard anything from them yet. I will update my status if I receive anything, hopefully it'll help some of you :)

sgsamurai

Sep 24, 2021
Hi, long time lurker here. I applied for the PGWP extension under public policy on March 24 2021 and the application is still in process somehow after 6 months. Called multiple times, did a document check and representatives confirmed they have everything they need and my application will be approved any day now. Does anyone have any experience with getting their MP to assist with an application? I've sent a few web forms with no response and I'm struggling to think of anything else I can do to speed up the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

penn302

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Hi, long time lurker here. I applied for the PGWP extension under public policy on March 24 2021 and the application is still in process somehow after 6 months. Called multiple times, did a document check and representatives confirmed they have everything they need and my application will be approved any day now. Does anyone have any experience with getting their MP to assist with an application? I've sent a few web forms with no response and I'm struggling to think of anything else I can do to speed up the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
wow six months for PGWP, that's crazy, what happened...

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
hello Guys please help!!!! Anyone here approved who applied in july. I applied on 11th july and there is no update yet. I am so worried about it why thay are taking too much time for it.
Thank you waiting for you reply.

Lindaa

Aug 20, 2021
hello Guys please help!!!! Anyone here approved who applied in july. I applied on 11th july and there is no update yet. I am so worried about it why thay are taking too much time for it.
Thank you waiting for you reply.
Hi,
I got my approval today.
Submitted july 17.

SAKTHIVEL1995

Star Member
Aug 18, 2021
Need help ! July 27th here, need help to see there is update in my application

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.

Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - Not applicable.

Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I feel like application status was before we will send a msg when eligibility review starts or something like that... and the medical and background check and biometrics it was something like we will send you msg if we need medical or background check etc?

Please let me know if it is same for you guys so that I can chill out !

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
My pr application is in process and so far I have received my application number.
Applied for an extension of my wp on July 25, 2021 because my current pgwp is expiring in less than 2 months, on Nov 22, 2021.
Does anyone know if I have to leave the country once my current wp expires or can I stay until they make a decision on my wp application?

Thank you!

chandnidesai

Jul 9, 2020
My pr application is in process and so far I have received my application number.
Applied for an extension of my wp on July 25, 2021 because my current pgwp is expiring in less than 2 months, on Nov 22, 2021.
Does anyone know if I have to leave the country once my current wp expires or can I stay until they make a decision on my wp application?

Thank you!
You do not need to leave the country until and unless you get any update. After expiring of your work permit, you will be on implied status and will be able to stay as well as work.

Reactions: vtkv