+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied to EE outside Canada but currently in Canada and waiting for COPR, PPR etc.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
@joy857 Did the call for confirmation of PR on 3rd December happen automatically or after you sent a webform as suggested by @legalfalcon.

I am in the same situation and my passport got returned to me yesterday after 2.5 months of waiting with the same generic letter. Our area MP confirmed that our file has been approved which seems reasonable since we were asked for the passport as well. I applied from outside Canada and am now inside Canada. Any other suggestion to get this moving in our case?
Hi @java8, I didn't send the webform. I was about to but didn't. What I mainly did was to call IRCC more intensely for the last weeks to understand the holdup. Each time I called, I made sure to double-check with the agent that they knew my current address and contact - that I am in Canada, with an approved PR and waiting patiently for my COPR. A lot of times your files might be placed in the wrong pile by accident, one of my first calls, the agent was surprised that I was still on hold for so long given my approval status.

So call them and make sure they know where you are here in Canada. I called them once every two weeks for the last 1 month.
You might also have to understand that my PPR was given to me in March this year and this was a 9 months wait!
There are many cases where people attain their COPR earlier, but I would keep contacting IRCC to make sure they know where you are.

Hope this helps and all the best! =)

java8

Dec 15, 2020
Thankyou @joy857, @legalfalcon . I send them a web form requesting to create an account on the COPR portal suggested above and they sent us an email asking for our details . Hopefully, IRCC will create our account soon now. Waiting and hoping for the best. Thanks for your help.

java8

Dec 15, 2020
Update on this: IRCC finally created my account on the COPR portal 5 days ago. I have completed the steps mentioned therein and now I am waiting for the COPR. Not sure how long it's going to take but keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Reactions: joy857

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Update on this: IRCC finally created my account on the COPR portal 5 days ago. I have completed the steps mentioned therein and now I am waiting for the COPR. Not sure how long it's going to take but keeping my fingers crossed. :)
That's great news @java8! A good start for the new year!