Biometric done : August 20th
CAQ applicable or received. Yes
Review of Eligibility: 27th August
Application Status:
Submitted but received AIP (Approval in Principle) on August 28th

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Any update guys..
I received my AIP last week but i was expecting to get full approval (i have submitted complete application). Any idea why they have given me AIP instead of full approval?
IRCC is giving out AIP to eligible applicants regardless complete or incomplete applications

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Any update guys..
I received my AIP last week but i was expecting to get full approval (i have submitted complete application). Any idea why they have given me AIP instead of full approval?
To be honest, nobody knows for sure atm. Apply for your caips notes for some more info about processing.

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I got into canada from the US last week by applying at a port of entry. This is available only to students coming in from the US (i think you have to be a citizen or resident of the US). Happy to share more info if anyone needs. I’m currently in self-isolation in Ontario <3 keep your hopes up!

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
I got into canada from the US last week by applying at a port of entry. This is available only to students coming in from the US (i think you have to be a citizen or resident of the US). Happy to share more info if anyone needs. I’m currently in self-isolation in Ontario <3 keep your hopes up!
How lucky u are! Since I am currently reside in USA, but I hold F1 visa(international student). Not sure when I can enter Canada after I get full approval. Finger

bthakur05

Aug 20, 2020
Date Applied: July 7th
Intake: Fall 2020
Medical Done: Not required
Biometric done: July 29
Applied from: US (F-1 Student Visa, Indian Citizen)
Application Status:
Information Letter received on August 22 that I may begin classes online.

Guys, any idea when I should expect AIP? I need to plan my move to Canada.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Date Applied: July 7th
Intake: Fall 2020
Medical Done: Not required
Biometric done: July 29
Applied from: US (F-1 Student Visa, Indian Citizen)
Application Status:
Information Letter received on August 22 that I may begin classes online.

Guys, any idea when I should expect AIP? I need to plan my move to Canada.
Letter stating “you may start your studies online” is your AIP

Reactions: bthakur05

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Thanks Suhelm, I thought that is only first stage approval or eligibility verification. Any idea on the total duration of the process afterward?
If you had get AIP after biomatrics, mostl likely everything is done and you may get passport submit request soon. Even me waiting for passport request

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Foreign national with study permit & letter of support also can enter as long as traveling from US. Link to this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other (all other foreign nationals part).
Thanks Suhelm, I thought that is only first stage approval or eligibility verification. Any idea on the total duration of the process afterward?
The timeline for stage 2 is unclear, but there are signs that IRCC has resumed the process. Some people have been receiving final decision recently.

Reactions: bthakur05