+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied from U.S.A - Fall 2020. Study Permit Tracking

rajat2101

Aug 27, 2020
I don't think they are going to issue SP before the US-Canada borders officially opens. Unfortunately they have extended the restrictions till 21st Oct.

Reactions: Sandpiper4

Azumisarah

Apr 11, 2020
Hi! This is my first time applying for a Canadian study permit. I am an Indian citizen but I live in the US on a H-4 visa. I need to plan for my winter semester which will be a mix of online and in-person classes. Did anyone receive an update yet? Details are below.

Date Applied: March 15, 2020
Intake: Fall 2020
Medical Done: NA
Biometrics done : July 21, 2020
Correspondence letter: July 22, 2020
Review of Eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
Application Status: In process
AIP: August 21, 2020

bthakur05

Aug 20, 2020
Probably they are not going to let us in before the new year(hopefully COVID subsides by then and/or vaccine). We have already paid the fees. What do they have to lose?

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
That's a given, question is when next year. Look at the COVID curve if anything it is getting much worse in the US. Do you know whether you can apply for a SP at the Candian point of entry or is this only an option for US citizens/green card holders?

Probably they are not going to let us in before the new year(hopefully COVID subsides by then and/or vaccine). We have already paid the fees. What do they have to lose?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
That's a given, question is when next year. Look at the COVID curve if anything it is getting much worse in the US. Do you know whether you can apply for a SP at the Candian point of entry or is this only an option for US citizens/green card holders?
That option is only for US citizens and green card holders, everybody else has to wait for a response from IRCC.

bthakur05

Aug 20, 2020
Sorry, I have no idea about that!

Sandpiper4

Mar 14, 2020
That option is only for US citizens and green card holders, everybody else has to wait for a response from IRCC.
Hi can you direct me to where it says that is an option for US citizens or greencard holders? I am a citizen and have been told that is not an option.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
anyone one from this group got passport submission request from LA VFS. I can see below message on their website.

• The CVAC in “Los Angeles” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 14th September 2020 Applicants are requested to send their passports to the CVAC by mail or using a courier service. Submission of passports in-person at the CVAC is not permitted until further notice. Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on sending your passport to the CVAC by mail using CVAC approved courier service.