+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Student Visa - No IELTS or TOFEL score - Chance for visa approval?

kdsingh1111

Oct 31, 2017
Hello,

I got visa and currently studying in Canada without IELTS.
decisions made case by case.
Hello. I’ve also given ielts . The score is 6.5 overall but in one module its 5.5 n rest are 6 above.. also m applying with a letter frm a university stating that the ug was in english. What are my chances?

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hello. I’ve also given ielts . The score is 6.5 overall but in one module its 5.5 n rest are 6 above.. also m applying with a letter frm a university stating that the ug was in english. What are my chances?
Hello,

One of my friends got Study Permit with IELTS overall 6.0 with L6.5 RWS 5.5.

He Applied for MBA with 2 months English Course.

kdsingh1111

Oct 31, 2017
Hello,

As per the checklist of study permit from India. It is Highly Recommended to submit English language proficiency test score.

But, This varies case by case. I have some friends who have been selected for masters in canada without IELTS (or toefl) requirement. (they have exempted some universities in India as they have mutual tie-ups with this university) Now they have applied for visa without IELTS, but with a letter form current university stating that English is the language of instruction. I am also waiting for their decision (out of curiosity). One has applied on 30 jun and other on 8th july. I will post here once I hear from them about their decision.

Btw If I were you I wouldn't take a risk for applying without IELTS, or toefl. God forbid, If you get a rejection, you might not get the funding for deferral to jan intake.
I also got admitted into a university without ielts but i gave ielts n scored 6.5 overall but in one module i got 5.5.. also m applying with language of instruction. So will it work?