+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for my work permit outside Canada April 1. Received correspondence letter on April 22nd.

maro11

May 15, 2020
Hello, I Applied for my work permit outside Canada April 1. Received correspondence letter on April 22nd. This is a pgwp application, It says that my eligiblity and background is being checked.

This is a good sign?

Reactions: Lkr92

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I Applied for my work permit outside Canada April 1. Received correspondence letter on April 22nd. This is a pgwp application, It says that my eligiblity and background is being checked.

This is a good sign?
You should know whether you qualify for PGWP. If you remained a full-time student except your last semester you should be fine. Processing will still take a few months.

maro11

May 15, 2020
You should know whether you qualify for PGWP. If you remained a full-time student except your last semester you should be fine. Processing will still take a few months.
You failed to answer my question. I believe my quesiton was is it a good sign or not.

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
You failed to answer my question. I believe my quesiton was is it a good sign or not.
Also please note that with regards to any application with CIC, there are no good/ bad signs and no one can predict the outcome until you get the Approval or PPR.

I will give you an example. If you do research about the ghost updates, you will see that many of them would say it's a good sign before PPR. I had also received a ghost update for my application. But after waiting for about 6 months from the date of my application, my application was Refused.