+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processing in Pretoria Local Visa Office

Luval

Jan 20, 2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2020
File Transfer...
03-12-2020
I have been trying to contact the Pretoria VAC. IRCC has requested the passport (for sponsoring a dependent child) and we need to pay the passport transmission fee via "telegraphic money transfer" but the payment is only $24 and the bank wants to charge $40 to do that or send a minimum of $100 for a global money transfer. Anyone know if we can mail a bank draft cheque with the passport as payment? This is what my bank has given me. i have been trying to phone the VAC but never get to speak to someone and the chat doesn't work.

Also for the consent form, does anyone know if we need to fill out the 3rd party drop off/pick up part with the courier information or just leave it blank if a courier is dropping off and picking up a passport on our behalf?

Last edited:

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Hello people. Any fresh news from Pretoria VO anyone? I have sent them a webform more than a month, haven't heard from them yet

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
My application for PR was just approved from Pretoria office! was anticipating a year and only took 5 months.
Good luck everyone!
Nice! Congratulations! Can you please share your time-line? I submitted my family's applications since last year October, 2020. Till now, nothing ... No medical requests, no additional documents, no PPR requests. It's frustrating....

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Nice! Congratulations! Can you please share your time-line? I submitted my family's applications since last year October, 2020. Till now, nothing ... No medical requests, no additional documents, no PPR requests. It's frustrating....
His timeline details are in his signature

Reactions: izolomo

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Hi everyone, was wondering if any EE FSW Outland with late 2020 AOR got approval on their PR application from Pretoria VO ? Wait seems endless

S_M89

Nov 1, 2021
Hi everyone, was wondering if any EE FSW Outland with late 2020 AOR got approval on their PR application from Pretoria VO ? Wait seems endless
Hi there - also waiting - FSW_O Oct 2020. no news, sent a webform, received a response fro Pretoria VO: ""Please also note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 have had an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate. South Africa is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. This limits our ability to process some types of applications, including permanent resident applications. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so"" :confused:

Reactions: KPChambly83

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi there - also waiting - FSW_O Oct 2020. no news, sent a webform, received a response fro Pretoria VO: ""Please also note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 have had an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate. South Africa is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. This limits our ability to process some types of applications, including permanent resident applications. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so"" :confused:
This is frustrating. South Africa is basically back to normal.