+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processing in Pretoria Local Visa Office

jibanky

Oct 1, 2021
@legalfalcon

Good day to you. I have a question to ask. I notice a 'ghost' update on my application and the background check changed from 'we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information' to 'application is in progress, and we will send us a message when we start the background check'

My AOR is Nov 2020. I recently raised a webform and sent an email requesting for the kind finalization of my application.

Do you perhaps have an idea what this change in background check means?

Thank you for your help

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
@legalfalcon

Good day to you. I have a question to ask. I notice a 'ghost' update on my application and the background check changed from 'we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information' to 'application is in progress, and we will send us a message when we start the background check'

My AOR is Nov 2020. I recently raised a webform and sent an email requesting for the kind finalization of my application.

Thank you for your help
Most probably something good. It shows some agent is busy with your file now. You should expect an ADR or outcome soon. All the best!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Thank you for your help
BGC = Criminality + Security screening + info sharing.

The BGC changes twice in the processing of your application. First when the criminality is processed, which is in the early days. Then it changes to NA and then again changes to in progress for security screeing.

To exactly know the reason, rely on your GCMS notes.

To read more on SS see https://bit.ly/3LYFJWZ

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
@legalfalcon

Thank you for your help
Hi. Any update on your application?

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi all, wondering if anybody received a COPR or PPR from Pretoria office recently? I just want to know what are their requirements regarding passport expiry (6 months or 12 months) as mine is expiring within about 8 months and been over a week since second ghost update. Not sure if I should go ahead and apply to renew my passport or wait. Thanks in advance.

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Finally the golden email :)
Hello S_M89, congratulations! I was wondering if you could help me as you've received a COPR or PPR from Pretoria office recently. I just want to know what are their requirements regarding passport expiry (6 months or 12 months) as mine is expiring within about 8 months and been over a week since second ghost update. Not sure if I should go ahead and apply to renew my passport or wait. Thanks in advance!

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi all, wondering if anybody received a COPR or PPR from Pretoria office recently? I just want to know what are their requirements regarding passport expiry (6 months or 12 months) as mine is expiring within about 8 months and been over a week since second ghost update. Not sure if I should go ahead and apply to renew my passport or wait. Thanks in advance.
Renew your passport asap because your copr will either be valid until your passport expires or expiry of your medical. Plus you don't want to worry about renewing your passport just after arriving in Canada, it won't be as easy.

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Renew your passport asap because your copr will either be valid until your passport expires or expiry of your medical. Plus you don't want to worry about renewing your passport just after arriving in Canada, it won't be as easy.
Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Mowadie

Feb 19, 2021
Hello is there a new link for the whatsapp group
I completed my biometrics on 6th May for gss work permit.Are they processing in 2 weeks?

Fafa1992

Aug 26, 2020
Does anyone know how long visitor's visa are taking to actually process. The website is saying 41 days but I know some countries are getting theirs earlier than the stated processing time.