+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processing in Pretoria Local Visa Office

Sk094

Jan 30, 2021
It seems like Pretoria doesn’t work at all which is so sad
As i said 5 people’s applications got pre approval and ppr.. i dont know whats taking them so long with other peoples applications. I had high hopes for them for this week. This process is very frustrating and the ircc and vo keep using covid as an excuse for everything

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
We were devastated, we received a pre-arrival letter in August already, then suddenly a week ago received a procedural fairness letter saying they dont think my husband is medically admissable! Cant understand how it is possible to get the one before the other one - file has been transferred to Niagara Falls! Pretoria requested and received additional information in June, then we heard nothing till the PA letter, and now this......House sold and bags packed when we received the re-arrival, now up the creek without a paddle!!

Sk094

Jan 30, 2021
We were devastated, we received a pre-arrival letter in August already, then suddenly a week ago received a procedural fairness letter saying they dont think my husband is medically admissable! Cant understand how it is possible to get the one before the other one - file has been transferred to Niagara Falls!
Thats strange especially if he passed medical! Im really sorry but i hope it gets sorted out asap and you get a ppr. Hmm. If one of your spouse resides in canada you can get in touch with your local MP. Not sure if youve tried that route

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
Thats strange especially if he passed medical! Im really sorry but i hope it gets sorted out asap and you get a ppr. Hmm. If one of your spouse resides in canada you can get in touch with your local MP. Not sure if youve tried that route

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
Our daughter lives in Canada. We will submit all the requested medical info on the webform and send it to her too, to approach her MP. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: Sk094

Sk094

Jan 30, 2021
Our daughter lives in Canada. We will submit all the requested medical info on the webform and send it to her too, to approach her MP. Thanks for the idea!
She doesnt need any info on her except for uci or file number i think. They will contact ircc on your behalf and request updates to see whats going on.
here is a link for you to look into gcms: https://gcmsnotes.com/

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
1. If we are lucky to get our PR, do we have to remain in Canada for a set amount of time before returning to South Africa to wind up financial affairs etc? Or are we then free to come and go whenever we like? I think in some countries you HAVE to be in the country for a certain number of days a year to keep your PR status - is Canada the same??

2. Is it possible for the principle applicant to go to Canada and set up the PR for both of them?

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I thought dependent child has to under go medicals before the file is transfered? or is the VO that request for medicals? does anyone know or experienced this