+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processing in Pretoria Local Visa Office

Ospekar

Sep 23, 2020
Hi.Please advise how to order GCMS note and what is time frame of receiving the notes?
I do use these guys

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

They are cheap and fast. $13 (approximately R160) and it arrives in about 17 days compared to the usual standard agents charging $20 and you receive it in 30-40 days.

However, Canada is experiencing a second wave of covid so they advised that it might take a bit longer than before but I believe you should still receive it within a month.

This note will really help you clear your doubts.

Agaga77

Jun 19, 2020
Hello Everyone! Finally, the long-awaited golden email is here! I got a passport request email today.

Below is my timeline (Family of 4):

AOR: Dec 23, 2019
VO: Pretoria, South Africa
NOC: 4011
FSW Outland
Medical Passed: January 12, 2020
(After this, long wait, long silence, no update, frustrating response to webform raised etc.) 8 months passed then, ..................

Ghost update (Background check started): September 25, 2020
Request for Remedical: October 26, 2020 (We didn't wait, we did our medical same day and completed it 2 days after ..... you can laugh if you want)
New Medical confirmation was uploaded via webform on October 30, 2020.

IRCC confirmed New Medical Passed: Oct 31, 2020

Exactly a week after ....
Golden email requesting for PPR: November 5, 2020.

(In-between a family friend also got his own today about 5 mins after I got my email requesting for his passport too). I think Pretoria is starting to dish out PPRs/COPRs again!

I know this thread has been quiet lately due to the reduced activity at Pretoria. I hope this 2 information gives a ray of hope to someone out there eagerly waiting for his/her golden email. God knows I have paid my own dues by waiting for almost a year after submitting my application.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting or hoping to submit an application. Cheers! And God bless!
Congratulations. I believe everyone will soon get his or her PPR.

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
Hello Everyone! Finally, the long-awaited golden email is here! I got a passport request email today.

Below is my timeline (Family of 4):

AOR: Dec 23, 2019
VO: Pretoria, South Africa
NOC: 4011
FSW Outland
Medical Passed: January 12, 2020
(After this, long wait, long silence, no update, frustrating response to webform raised etc.) 8 months passed then, ..................

Ghost update (Background check started): September 25, 2020
Request for Remedical: October 26, 2020 (We didn't wait, we did our medical same day and completed it 2 days after ..... you can laugh if you want)
New Medical confirmation was uploaded via webform on October 30, 2020.

IRCC confirmed New Medical Passed: Oct 31, 2020

Exactly a week after ....
Golden email requesting for PPR: November 5, 2020.

(In-between a family friend also got his own today about 5 mins after I got my email requesting for his passport too). I think Pretoria is starting to dish out PPRs/COPRs again!

I know this thread has been quiet lately due to the reduced activity at Pretoria. I hope this 2 information gives a ray of hope to someone out there eagerly waiting for his/her golden email. God knows I have paid my own dues by waiting for almost a year after submitting my application.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting or hoping to submit an application. Cheers! And God bless!
Oh congratulations!

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
I do use these guys

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

They are cheap and fast. $13 (approximately R160) and it arrives in about 17 days compared to the usual standard agents charging $20 and you receive it in 30-40 days.

However, Canada is experiencing a second wave of covid so they advised that it might take a bit longer than before but I believe you should still receive it within a month.

This note will really help you clear your doubts.
Hey. Apart from the processing time, what’s the difference between ordering with these guys and doing it directly through the gvt for $5? For my first request they responded in 20 days and second in 30 days.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
We received our pre-arrival letter in August, and deathly silence since then, we are in the PGP sponsorship program. Anyone know anything about Pretoria office? I enquired, omnly received the generic 'in process' form in reply.

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
We have still not received our golden letter!! more than 5 months now...... does anyone have any idea why itis taking so long?

PennyJones

May 18, 2017
Our Application Received was 21-05-2019, AOR 04-10-2019. We received a Pre-Arrival letter on 20-08-2020. so we are more than 20 months down the line..... feeling very discouraged.