+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

sa-leth

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
hello im just new here..please advice...whenever i checked my application status it says like this...

We received your application for permanent residence on January 14, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 5, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 11, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you.

since December 2010.....is it on process?

thank you for your reply...

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess this is the same ecas statement which most of people have after in process and waiting for the next step when they add .... we started reviewing ur application.

No choice other than wait.

s

sa-leth said:
hello im just new here..please advice...whenever i checked my application status it says like this...

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 5, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 11, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you.

moein

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Hi Sa-leth,

My application is in process from Aug 2010 (with start processing date), but nothing up to now. Join here
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tma1HCOU8uJ4iyCn3cNyvPg&hl=en_US#gid=0

Thanks,
Moein

sa-leth said:

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Hi all

does the buffalo VO also ask for state PCC in addition to the FBI PCC's. Pls let me know if any forum member has been asked to do so

thanks
avi_15

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karsatjaya said:
Hi garian4u

Thanks for posting your experience on the Initial landing. Did you use your AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) while coming back to US ? What type of standard set of questions US Border security folks asked could you explain. I am planning to land on June 11th in Toronto and will be back on 18th. I will be flying to Buffalo and from there will be driving to Toronto.

Thanks
No karsatjaya, I didn't use AVR as I had a valid stamped visa for the US. AVR would have been used if I had an expired visa but a valid I-797 and I-94. The standard questions that the US Border security asks are - 1. What is the purpose of your visit to Canada? 2. Do you plan to come back to the US? 3. When do you plan to come back? 4. Will you be carrying back anything from Canada? 5. Where is most of your wealth held? 6. How much money are you carrying?

Hope that helps. All the best for your landing.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl2010 said:
Hi garian4u,

Thanks for sharing ur landing experience and Congratulations for the new job offer :)
wish u smooth settlement process ahead.

All the Best
Regards
pearl2010
Thanks pearl2010.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark_immi said:
Hi garian4u...Thanks for sharing your experience...Could you share the safe and economic way of transferring/ carrying funds from US. I checked with BoA and they are charging 2% service fees of the amount of Travelers Cheques.
mark_immi, I believe Travellers Cheques are not used much nowadays. I checked with my local Canadian bank and there are a couple different ways to do this economically. But it also depends on the type of account that you have with BoA. If your BoA account is Savings, then once you reach Canada, the only way to do the transfer maybe through a wire transfer. Wire transfer is a bit costly as it involves charges on each bank's side, but it may not be more than $50 in total. But, if you have a checking account, then there are more options. You could still do a wire transfer. But, you could also write a check, and the amount will be transferred as a withdrawal amount. But, exchange rates will apply. There is another option. You could open an USD account with your Canadian bank and then withdraw that money from your BoA to your Canadian USD account. This way exchange rates will not apply. When the exchange rates get better you can convert. As per Investment bankers, the exchange rate is to become better in August.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
garian4u said:
No karsatjaya, I didn't use AVR as I had a valid stamped visa for the US. AVR would have been used if I had an expired visa but a valid I-797 and I-94. The standard questions that the US Border security asks are - 1. What is the purpose of your visit to Canada? 2. Do you plan to come back to the US? 3. When do you plan to come back? 4. Will you be carrying back anything from Canada? 5. Where is most of your wealth held? 6. How much money are you carrying?

Hope that helps. All the best for your landing.
Thanks garian4u for the updates and for the best wishes. Will keep you posted my experience once I am back from Canada.

Thanks

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
mark_immi, I believe Travellers Cheques are not used much nowadays. I checked with my local Canadian bank and there are a couple different ways to do this economically. But it also depends on the type of account that you have with BoA. If your BoA account is Savings, then once you reach Canada, the only way to do the transfer maybe through a wire transfer. Wire transfer is a bit costly as it involves charges on each bank's side, but it may not be more than $50 in total. But, if you have a checking account, then there are more options. You could still do a wire transfer. But, you could also write a check, and the amount will be transferred as a withdrawal amount. But, exchange rates will apply. There is another option. You could open an USD account with your Canadian bank and then withdraw that money from your BoA to your Canadian USD account. This way exchange rates will not apply. When the exchange rates get better you can convert. As per Investment bankers, the exchange rate is to become better in August.
Thanks Garian4u, it's a good idea not to convert all USD to CAD... The exchange rate is ridiculous right now. I would prefer bringing cash across the border to traveler checks or wire transfer.

SD

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Garian4u...I think carrying a check and depositing in a USD account is a safe bet considering the exchange rates

garian4u said:

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smallduck, i think u don't want to bring cash...considering the excitement you will be having when you land and your love for Canadian chicks...you might end spending it all on some chicks in the night club (hangover 3 ;) )....if u get a check... at least u will be calm and in a balanced state of mind by the time it gets cleared ;)

but again if you are going to party anyway don't forget to call me :D :D

smallduck said:
Thanks Garian4u, it's a good idea not to convert all USD to CAD... The exchange rate is ridiculous right now. I would prefer bringing cash across the border to traveler checks or wire transfer.

SD

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ekaramad said:
Congrats on proceeding onto the next step. I almost have the same timeline as you do. I received my second AOR on Oct. 28th 2010. My status is still "Rec. by VO"

ekaramad
hey ekaramad,

Thanks buddy. It sounds like something progress. The status is being changed to In Process but the inside details still remains the same. I hope they wouldn't take another 7 months fro next update. Good luck to you too.
Thanks

CyTric

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am planning to land on July 1st. A friend of mine was sent back to US customs(luckily he was driving by his own car) to fill out some form as he was carrying funds more than 10K. I don't remember anyone mentioning this in their landing experience. I checked with Greyhound and they told they won't stop at US Customs - Will stop directly at Canadian customs. Can anyone suggest how to complete this requirement. Is there any other way by mailing a form or online.

Thanks

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
Hi guys,

I am planning to land on July 1st. A friend of mine was sent back to US customs(luckily he was driving by his own car) to fill out some form as he was carrying funds more than 10K. I don't remember anyone mentioning this in their landing experience. I checked with Greyhound and they told they won't stop at US Customs - Will stop directly at Canadian customs. Can anyone suggest how to complete this requirement. Is there any other way by mailing a form or online.

Thanks
If you bring $9999, it shouldn't be a problems...