+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Twilight871 said:
Guys, how long does it take for the DMP to send the medical report to Ottowa? I completed my medical exam on October 5 and they told me to call them on Oct 11 to get the tracking number of it. I called them this morning..they were not getting my documents at first and then they told me that it will not get ready before next friday which is October 15. They said they had not got the test result of my chest X-ray. I am not sure how thing goes on with this Houston DMP office..... but it shouldn't take 10 days. :mad:
Mine was pretty fast. I had my medical exam on Sep 2 but was asked to come back on Sep 7 (for repeat of urine test). And by Sep 9, my DMP mailed the results to Ottawa. Ottawa received my results on Sep 14. I had my medical exam here in Chicago though. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with your DMP. Your only choice I guess is to wait while also doing some follow-ups. Some DMPs are really playing hard to get. :(

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed Buffalo for case update and this is what i got back. My second AOR was received on May 15th, 2010. Not a good news at Buffalo but this is for your information.

Your file is in a queue awaiting the attention of a visa officer. When that review has been completed you will be contacted. Owing to the volume of applications in this office you may not be contacted for four or five months.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

BuffaloApp

Mar 17, 2010
professional 1 said:
You will get your PPR soon, maximum 2 months from seeing the update "Medical results have been received".
thanks i hope it is sooner than 2 months i am tired of waiting and waiting :(

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they meant to say four to five months from now.. not from the date of second AOR. I hope i am wrong..

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

Please advise, My 90 days after file transfer to NY will be over on 20th Oct. Should I order CAIPS or send an email asking the status or wait considering the fact that NY VO ran out of their quota for 2010 and will be delaying meds....I talked to my lawyer and he is telling me that the time shown on their website to process the file is counted from the date you submit your full documents so better to wait..he also said ordering CAIPS is not good as VO can see on your file...I don't get that..is that right?

What should I do? I am seriously tired of waiting.

One more thing, My lawyer recently changed his office, I see new address when I check the status, but i read some cases where they sent medical to old address even after new address was showing in case status. Is there any way I can track if medical is sent to old address.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Guys, I am back from Canada today. I drove to Canada with my COPR and I was allowed inside the country. Now I got my PR card and SIN card as well. I just showed my passport with the COPR attached to the immigration officer and she did not ask me about the PR card.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Pasi said:
Guys, I am back from Canada today. I drove to Canada with my COPR and I was allowed inside the country. Now I got my PR card and SIN card as well. I just showed my passport with the COPR attached to the immigration officer and she did not ask me about the PR card.
Smooth sail - u deserve it after a long wait for that Prestigious stamp!!!

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Professional1, Pasi, Garian, smallduck, behaue....any advise?

mark_immi said:
Hi Seniors,

Please advise, My 90 days after file transfer to NY will be over on 20th Oct. Should I order CAIPS or send an email asking the status or wait considering the fact that NY VO ran out of their quota for 2010 and will be delaying meds....I talked to my lawyer and he is telling me that the time shown on their website to process the file is counted from the date you submit your full documents so better to wait..he also said ordering CAIPS is not good as VO can see on your file...I don't get that..is that right?

What should I do? I am seriously tired of waiting.

One more thing, My lawyer recently changed his office, I see new address when I check the status, but i read some cases where they sent medical to old address even after new address was showing in case status. Is there any way I can track if medical is sent to old address.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark_immi said:

There is no need to order the CAIPS, but not because of the reasons your lawyer claimed, your waiting time has not exceeded the 90 days yet to contact them or even to be worried. The whole thing is still normal in your situation, just wait for any correspondence from them untill the 20th of october which is the end of your 90 days, and then contact the NY office directly.

Man i waited for 8 months from the date of reciept of my application at Buffalo to see the change on my e-case and be contacted by Buffalo, and for 15 months for the entire process to be finalized since i first applied to the CIO. Your timeline is still better than mine.

I am sure that they will get back to you soon anyway.

Good luck.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
I don't think wasting some money ordering CAIPTS will solve the problem. If I were you, I will contact NYVO first by writing them an argumentative email and clearly stated the 90 day has passed. You'll need a answer and possible solution, not just sitting there waiting. We have the rights to know what's going on with our application. I don't think that all applicants know of the CAIPS :D

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark_immi said:
I was going to respond almost similar to what Pro1 said, so I will not repeat. I believe what Pro1 says is right. You may experience a delay as probably NY VO has hit quota for the year. But, you will get it. And regarding change of address, I don't think you will face any issues. There are always one-off cases and your lawyer should be able to know, if you miss anything. That's what you paid them for ;)

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
Finally today I got my 2nd AOR.

It is almost 4 months since I have submitted the complete set of documents to Buffalo. Question for all who have - Is the AXC file number different than the one received during the first AOR? I see both the file numbers are different and not able to pull information from ECAS.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
congrats Candiur!
Hope mine will be soon
I believed that the new file number will start to work for e-cas after couple of weeks.. ;)
Good luck to all of us! :)

Anne55
candiur said:

It is almost 4 months since I have submitted the complete set of documents to Buffalo. Question for all who have - Is the AXC file number different than the one received during the first AOR? I see both the file numbers are different and not able to pull information from ECAS.

adnantahir

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 21, 2010
AOR Received.
November 10, 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
Trnsferred to Buffalo Office on March 17, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
waiting
candiur said:

Congrats for moving one staep closer . When did you mailed your documents to Buffalo??

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
Good question. Mailed on 20 May. I have also updated my signature.

adnantahir said:
Congrats for moving one staep closer . When did you mailed your documents to Buffalo??