+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
About the e-cas status

Although it's been a month since I got PPR, my e-cas is not changed at all. They even didn't put "medical info received" on it.

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
There is no any sign indicates that Buffalo visa office has reached their quota for the current year "2010", no one has posted any such emails like the ones sent by NY office.

Anyway, Buffalo is supposed to be the last office reaches the qouta for so many reasons:

Buffalo is the slowest office in the USA because of the huge number of applications (immigration, and non-immigration visas) they process each year (the biggest consulate in the USA).

Usually most applications processed at Buffalo visa office itself, are subject to background check with other governments, which take a while for the results to be received, and delays the PPR.

Applications transfered to any other local visa office in the USA are not subject to any background check with other governments, and that is why they finalize the applications faster, and usually reaches their quotas before Buffalo visa office does.

but for north america, buffalo is the only office file should be filed, right? transferring to where else is determined by them... correct?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnycanada said:
but for north america, buffalo is the only office file should be filed, right? transferring to where else is determined by them... correct?

For the permanent residence applications, yes.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New update guys regarding the PR cards for new arrivals,

They just updated the processing time today to be reduced from 41 days to 32 (9 days less than last week).

The link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

That is good, hope to get mine by next week.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
New update guys regarding the PR cards for new arrivals,

They just updated the processing time today to be reduced from 41 days to 32 (9 days less than last week).

The link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

That is good, hope to get mine by next week.
Thanks Pro1, I hope that the processing time will be reduced more. I couldn't take 1 month vacation or work from home like many others waiting for the PR card :D....

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is another case proves that the NY visa office ran out of quota for this year.

The applicant got his PPR, and sent his passport already, but he got it back without a visa along with an explanation letter stating that the PPR was sent by mistake, and asking him to wait for 3 months to finalize his application at the beginning of 2011:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ppr-sent-by-mistake-by-cic-newyork-pls-help-t55329.0.html

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
I just checked my e-cas today and it has now been updated with the additional statement of "Medical Results have been received". If they only added this yesterday (since they usually do updates on Tuesdays), it took 3 working days before they updated my e-cas status from the time I received my PPR. Just thought this information would be useful to some.
Hi Avaya,
Thanks for the information i was about to ask regarding this. When are u planning go to embassy for your visa stamping.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
sazid said:
Hi Avaya,
Thanks for the information i was about to ask regarding this. When are u planning go to embassy for your visa stamping.
Hi sazid,
I'm scheduled to go there on Oct 21. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any problem.

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
AvayaLenovo said:
Hi sazid,
I'm scheduled to go there on Oct 21. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any problem.
Hello

Your time line after the medical was super fast. A small ray of light of hope for all of us who are waiting for the big news. Congratulation

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
Phew - Thanks Anne55 for your response. So both the numbers that Buffalo and NS gives are indeed different right.

anne55 said:
congrats Candiur!
Hope mine will be soon
I believed that the new file number will start to work for e-cas after couple of weeks.. ;)
Good luck to all of us! :)

Anne55

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Houston DMP sucks!!! I completed my medical on October 5 and they yet not mailed my medical. Neither they asked me if I need any further tests. When I called them earlier this week they told me that they will mail it this friday and gave me a fedex tracking number which they will use. Until now, that tracking number does not pull anything. I am calling their office since morning... no body is picking the phone. It is horrible. They are taking money to do the job. They told me everything is fine but they are not sending my medical. Those people doesnot know how much important each day is for us. Anything I can do?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Houston DMP sucks!!! I completed my medical on October 5 and they yet not mailed my medical. Neither they asked me if I need any further tests. When I called them earlier this week they told me that they will mail it this friday and gave me a fedex tracking number which they will use. Until now, that tracking number does not pull anything. I am calling their office since morning... no body is picking the phone. It is horrible. They are taking money to do the job. They told me everything is fine but they are not sending my medical. Those people doesnot know how much important each day is for us. Anything I can do?
Just chill. Seattle DMP took 14 days to mail the medicals.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Twilight871 said:
be calmed man. I agreed that DMP sucks. NY DMP cost me $550, but they sent out the report in less than 7 days.

immighopeful

Nov 11, 2009
adnantahir said:
Guys 've a question if some one can answer ths pls. I'm now 'm out of Status in US :(. My petetion for transfer of H1 got declined so as change of staus to B1 too. Question are.

1- I've applied my canadian immigration n the month of Jan 2010 and send my full documemts to buffalo during June 2010 and stll wating for 2nd AOR no. Am i still able to continue this petetion from US?

2-Can i move to my home country and keep my case here and some of my relative can correspond and follow up on my behalf?

3-Can i transfer my case to home country and can this possible and also advseable??
Hi Buddy,
Professional1 had already responded to your queries, and I would like to add a few points here that may be of help to you or others in future.
Background: I was in similar situation - i.e., My H1 extension was denied and had to leave the USA immediately. My FSW was in progress, I had received the file number from NS, and was preparing my documents for Buffalo when I got the H1 denial.

1. I am not sure if you could still stay in the US in your case. Either way, to answer your question, you could still continue the petition irrespective of where you are. The key thing here is, your file is referred to a specific Visa office by CIO-NS based on your current place of work/living. You can change your place of living/work for any reason but you cannot easily change the Visa office due to various reasons.

2. In my case, I moved to my home country. However, I decided to follow up on all the documentation with the visa office myself (it is Buffalo for me too) and I chose not to entrust this job to any relative. I took this decision based on the feedback I received from a few seniors here on this forum when I presented my position to them in spring 2010. They had suggested that I plead, beg, or do whatever, during my communications with the Visa Office (VO). I found this to be true, i.e., this strategy works, especially in screwed-up cases like ours. As our relatives in USA may not have the time or inclination to beg or plead or do whatever with the VO staff in the most respectful way, I decided to do this job myself. To offer further proof of this approach: The FBI clearance came in late, and was sent to my relative in the US after we left the country. I requested them to send it to Buffalo. They sent it without any cover letter, and Buffalo staff promptly forwarded it to my home country quoting something like 'you were asked to send all your documents in one set. however you have sent one document separately. we do not have the time to attend to such independent documents now. wait until you receive a visa office file number for your case and send it again'. However, when I sent a different document after 120 days with a very nice, pleading cover letter, they did not bounce it. Does it help you get the point?

3. See this link.
www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp#cont%20idcont
- and see the section called "file transfers". To answer your specific question, am reproducing a small part of that section.
"Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible."

I came to know after reading several posts in this forum that people may request a file transfer, just simply because their home country's visa office is quite fast these days - upto 3 times faster than Buffalo. Clearly, upon reading their policy, we can figure out that the CIC doesn't like its file transfer provision to be used as a loop hole.

So, after reading through this, I decided to not even bring up the file transfer issue. I just threw the ball in their court - if they think we deserve a file transfer, let them tell us so.

Hope my responses help you or others in future.
Cheers.

immighopeful

Nov 11, 2009
brandon said:
Greetings all,

I filed my application to the CIO in canada in March 2010, and documents are requested to Buffalo VO on May 2010. I was extremely busy with work and didn't have the chance to provide my IELTS scores on time. I actually had to send my full application to Buffalo before the 120 days period elapsed and I miss my chance.

I'm afraid I missed my chance to send my IELTS score to the VO?

I already provided written documents to prove my language proficiency. However, I was in doubt that the visa officer will disprove these documents and underestimate my language proficiency points. So I enclosed a cover letter in my application showing that I already have registered to take the IELTS test, and will be sending my scores as soon as I get them. Will the VO send me back requesting for my IELTS scores? or would they make a language assessment based on the documents in hand? which obviously might cause my application to get rejected because frankly I need the language proficiency points to be qualified on the point scale 67.

Your answer is deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Hi,
I would like to offer some light here - but I am not sure how much my response is going to be helpful in your or other similar cases.
a) I had a similar situation. I explained in the first cover letter (i.e., of the "<120 day package" sent to visa office) why I am unable to submit the IELTS results, a copy of the IELTS exam registration confirmation, and a tentative date by when they would send the results (and in turn the date by when I could send it to visa office). This was based on the inputs from seniors in this forum, for similar cases where the IELTS results were delayed beyond the 120 day submission deadline.

b) I took the test without any more delays.

c) Upon receipt of the IELTS results, on the same day I fedexed the original results, a new cover letter, a copy of the old cover letter, and a new form "imm 0008 sched-3" to visa office. The time elapsed between the first package and the next was about two weeks.

d) So far they haven't turned anything back to me. I am hoping that they merged both sets of documents and will consider the 16 points from IELTS for the points test.

In your case, I shall suggest this: I have read on these forums that the VO is very strict about conclusive proof of language proficiency these days, and they may relax their requirements only for cases where English or French is their first language. (Ref: Buffalo documents > EG7 > page 9. Please check for similar documents in your visa office's website). Thus if your first language is not English or French, the best thing you could do to pass the 67 points test is to take your IELTS and submit the results asap, pleading the visa office folks to accept the delayed document and merge it with your file.

Hope this helps.