+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
omaus25 said:
Hi guys

Question,

I re-sent my complete file to Buffalo in December last year, they received by confirmation from FeDex on Dec-29-2009, so far I haven't received my AOR from them, should I be worried about this?

Any comment is highly appreciated... anxiety is killing me at this point

Thanks
You usually get the AOR within 4-6 weeks of Buffalo receiving your documents. I would suggest that you wait for a couple of weeks more. If by then you don't receive the AOR, contact Buffalo through e-mail or phone.

Mark

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in August 2009
AOR Received.
October 2009
Hi Everyone,

I came across to take a look at trackitt. I found a case quite interesting. it seems that Buffalo is catching up. they have reached to march 2009 applicants. any insight on that?

Best of luck,

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Bardcir said:
Hi Everyone,

I came across to take a look at trackitt. I found a case quite interesting. it seems that Buffalo is catching up. they have reached to march 2009 applicants. any insight on that?

Best of luck,
Just seeing a March case on trackitt alone does not resolve the issue for most applicants. Most applicants fall under FSW1 and FSW3 categories (no employment in Canada). If those cases from March are getting resolved, then it is good news. If cases that already have employment in Canada (FSW2) are getting resolved, it is a respite for just the minuscule from the applicant pool.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
From another thread ,which shows that May 2009 applications are being processed, it appears that the applicant concerned has relatives in Canada.

Please read:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t32300.0.html

Thus I feel that currently Buffalo is prioritizing cases with either
a) job offers in Canada
b) relatives in Canada
Other categories do not seem to have been touched beyond January 2009 - in my reading of trackitt cases.

This is ominous -
It tells me that the average applicant at Buffalo is in for a really long wait.
Longer surely than the approximate 18 month time frame of the older process.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
From another thread ,which shows that May 2009 applications are being processed, it appears that the applicant concerned has relatives in Canada.

Please read:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t32300.0.html

Thus I feel that currently Buffalo is prioritizing cases with either
a) job offers in Canada
b) relatives in Canada
Other categories do not seem to have been touched beyond January 2009 - in my reading of trackitt cases.

This is ominous -
It tells me that the average applicant at Buffalo is in for a really long wait.
Longer surely than the approximate 18 month time frame of the older process.
I am not sure about the "Relatives in Canada" part. Employment I can understand. Having relatives may get ya points, but it sure will not speed up ya application. Employment will though. If we are up for January 2009 applications, I guess we ain't too far from getting a turn this year. My guess is that those who received their AOR from Buffalo by July/August will get their cases resolved by the end of September/October 2010. Good luck.

Mark

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I went into e-case today and this is what I found,

Decision Made:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Can somebody tell me what does this mean? And what shoul I expect as a response?

Thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25, Can you share some more details? Like when did you submit your full application to Buffalo? Whether any medical and RPRF request was made to you by Buffalo? If so, when? What do you mean by nomination? This all will probably help even seniors in telling you what could have possibly happened in your case.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I re-send my documentation on Dec-29-2009, they sent all my file back from Nov-19-2009 because I missed some documents about my legal status here in the United States so I have to give all the documentation back to them updated.

Now I am seeing this decision made without haven't even get second AOR, so I don't know. I am very sad because I strongly believe it is a rejection, which I wouldn't understand because I do have all the requirements.

Thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
I re-send my documentation on Dec-29-2009, they sent all my file back from Nov-19-2009 because I missed some documents about my legal status here in the United States so I have to give all the documentation back to them updated.

Now I am seeing this decision made without haven't even get second AOR, so I don't know. I am very sad because I strongly believe it is a rejection, which I wouldn't understand because I do have all the requirements.

Thanks
Hi omaus25,

Are you under FSW 1 or provincial nominee ? because i see the word "nomination" in your timeline !, and i see from your past posts that you sent your application to the CIO first, so i guess you fall under FSW !

Anyway, it is strange to get a decision about your application that fast, you just sent your application on Dec, 2009, and the online status shows "decision made" ! because in Buffalo visa office they take upto 1 year just to make the intial assessment for your application, that is why i am confused about your case.

Some applicants claim that they see the same words "Decision made" when they use the old file number given by the CIO and they see "Received by the visa office" when using the new file number given by the visa office.

If you belong to FSW class not provincial nominee and your application is in Buffalo and you just sent the application on Dec 2009, it is impossible to get a decision about the application tha fast. I think it is either a system mistake or because you are using the old number as this case has happend to "some" applicants" not all of them".

Good luck.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Hi omaus25,

Are you under FSW 1 or provincial nominee ? because i see nomination in your timeline, and i see from your past posts that you sent your application to the CIO first, so i guess you fall under FSW !

Anyway, it is strange to get decision about your application that fast, you just sent your application on Dec, 2009, and the online status shows decision made ! because in Buffalo visa office they take upto 1 year just to make the intial assessment for your application, that is why i am confused about your case.

Some applicants claim that they see the same words "Decision made" when they use the old file number given by the CIO and they see "Received by the visa office" when using the new file number given by the visa office.

If you belong to FSW class not provincial nominee and your application is in Buffalo and you just sent the application on Dec 2009, it is impossible to get a decision about the application tha fast. I think it is either a system mistake or because you are using the old number as this case has happend to "some" applicants" not all of them".

Good luck.
Thank you for your response

In order to make this more clear lets refresh my experience, last year after many corrections made on my file per CIO advice, I finally received my request for documents on July 27 - 2009. I sent my complete file to Buffalo on Nov 19 - 2009 and on Dec 11 - 2009 I got it back with a checklist where stated that I have not provided enough documentation in regards my legal status here in the USA.

On Dec 29 - 2009 I got my complete file already updated on the matter mentioned above to Buffalo again and I was expecting second AOR some time between this week and/or next. For my surprise, yesterday I logged in into the cic web site and found:

Decision Made:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So, I am as confused as you are my friend. I am applying under FSW-1, and NOC 0711 (5 years of exp.) and NOC 0111 (3 years of exp.). I did review my application last night and I do not see why I could be rejected, I carefully check every step and requirement before to start this process and I got more than enough points, I fell under 2 of the 38 occupations and I am just 31 years old with BS degree and more than 3 years on post college education. I am dying here waiting for the official response from Buffalo.

Could you tell me if yo are aware about another case like mine? Where a mistake was made and then corrected after?

Thank you for your time and wishes... the best for you too !

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omaus25,

As per your clarification, your application was finally received and accepted by Buffalo on Dec 2009, so it is the application date of receipt at their visa office.

Buffalo visa office takes upto 52 weeks from the application date of receipt at their office just to start processing an application (initial assessment), so as i told you it is impossible that your application was processed that fast (within a month and half) from the date of receipt at the visa office, because even if your application is not eligible, they will put it in a queue at first awaiting initial assessment which takes upto one year, and then refuse the application.

What i recomend you to do is;

Send an immediate inquiry to Buffalo visa office asking about your visa office file number, and use that number to check the online status hopefully it will give you different information than the ones given by the CIO file number.

Buffalo is a very slow office regarding FSW applications, that is why i am sure there is something wrong on the system about your online status, and yes actually i have seen some people in this forum who said that their online status shows decision made by the CIO file number and received by the visa office by the visa office file number but unfortunatly i cannot find the links for their threads.

Good luck.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
omaus25 said:
Thank you for your response

In order to make this more clear lets refresh my experience, last year after many corrections made on my file per CIO advice, I finally received my request for documents on July 27 - 2009. I sent my complete file to Buffalo on Nov 19 - 2009 and on Dec 11 - 2009 I got it back with a checklist where stated that I have not provided enough documentation in regards my legal status here in the USA.

On Dec 29 - 2009 I got my complete file already updated on the matter mentioned above to Buffalo again and I was expecting second AOR some time between this week and/or next. For my surprise, yesterday I logged in into the cic web site and found:

Decision Made:

So, I am as confused as you are my friend. I am applying under FSW-1, and NOC 0711 (5 years of exp.) and NOC 0111 (3 years of exp.). I did review my application last night and I do not see why I could be rejected, I carefully check every step and requirement before to start this process and I got more than enough points, I fell under 2 of the 38 occupations and I am just 31 years old with BS degree and more than 3 years on post college education. I am dying here waiting for the official response from Buffalo.

Could you tell me if yo are aware about another case like mine? Where a mistake was made and then corrected after?

Thank you for your time and wishes... the best for you too !
Under normal circumstances, the words "Decision made" come up on the website after the initial assessment or after the medicals have been provided by the applicant. Now, there is also a possibility of a system error. You will be surprised that there are people who have received their visas on the passport, yet the website shows "Received by the visa office".

Here is my suggestion. Do NOT panic. This is most likely a system glitch. However, to be on the safer side, send an email or call up Buffalo immigration center immediately. Until you receive further communication from Buffalo, do not assume anything that is written on the website. If you call them up, inquire about your AOR and see how they react. For your sake, I sincerely hope it is a glitch/error. Cheers and good luck, pal. Keep us posted.

Mark

USCAN

Jan 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@omaus25

Stay cool and keep us informed man. All the best!

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
i just want to know...on what basis buffalo office issue file number....if our package is not complete....even then file number is issued or not

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you guys,

I really do appreciate your support and comments, it feels great to know we are not alone on this path full of dreams and hopes... I am going to send an email to Buffalo immediately and I will let you know what is happening as soon as I get a response from them.

Thank you again, and the best for all of you guys !!!