+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

kk007

Nov 24, 2009
Anyone thinking to move app to another visa office?

I might move out of US and thinking of moving my app to ND CHC, I am counting hours at my work and so thought I will move to India since it will be faster there then just waiting here.

I got my AOR from Buffalo on Oct 2009.

What you guys think? will it be smart?
My reason to tarnsfer is , I lost my job and now want to move back to India. Any thoughts??

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
kk007 said:
Anyone thinking to move app to another visa office?

I might move out of US and thinking of moving my app to ND CHC, I am counting hours at my work and so thought I will move to India since it will be faster there then just waiting here.

I got my AOR from Buffalo on Oct 2009.

What you guys think? will it be smart?
My reason to tarnsfer is , I lost my job and now want to move back to India. Any thoughts??
Well, you can apply to have your application transferred to another visa office, but you gotta remember that unless you have a very solid reason and you explain the same to CIC, chances are they will not transfer. If at all they transfer, it will delay the process by 3-4 months. Weigh the options and then decide.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
cheerup said:
Hi Pasi,

Do you know what is average time at Buffalo after issueing second AOR till getting passports stampled. Thanks.
There is no average time under the new rules yet. All you gotta remember is that after your application has been received by the Buffalo office, it can take anywhere from 12 months onward to receive a response from Buffalo. If your application is strong and without any major flaws, give yourself at least a year after submission of your application to Buffalo to receive your PPR (time reduction might happen once the bulk of applications under the new rule are taken care of by Buffalo).

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bonny said:
I have been waiting for 1 year....
Tough luck bonnie. It may make ya feel a little better that you are not alone. Patience is the key when dealing in such matters.

Mark

kk007

Nov 24, 2009
hi all Buffalo applicants,

Well, we can all speculate on thing and Buffalo is one of them. What I am speculating is lot ( I should say few) of app are moved to satelite offices around in US. I see that some ppl who got AOR from Buffalo on March/April/May 2009 are transffered to satelite offices.

So, what I meant is action started in Buffalo but still in miniscule level. Unlike ND,Manila,SIngapore where you can potentially complete the whole process in 7/8 months.

I have been waiting more then 4 months after my AOR from Buffalo. I am anticipating some action from Buffalo within 1/2 months...am i dreaming?

what you guys think??

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
kk007 said:
hi all Buffalo applicants,

Well, we can all speculate on thing and Buffalo is one of them. What I am speculating is lot ( I should say few) of app are moved to satelite offices around in US. I see that some ppl who got AOR from Buffalo on March/April/May 2009 are transffered to satelite offices.

So, what I meant is action started in Buffalo but still in miniscule level. Unlike ND,Manila,SIngapore where you can potentially complete the whole process in 7/8 months.

I have been waiting more then 4 months after my AOR from Buffalo. I am anticipating some action from Buffalo within 1/2 months...am i dreaming?

what you guys think??
There are cases that have been waiting for more than a year after they received AOR from Buffalo. You are in for a long wait, pal. Keep your fingers crossed. As of now, I have come across cases that applied in November/December 2008 and are NOW getting requests for medical. Do your math now.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
...unless you fall under the FSW2 category (have a job offer in Canada and/or are working in Canada. Those cases are likely to be processed faster than FSW1 OR FSW3 cases.

Mark

kk007

Nov 24, 2009
@ MarkCan,

ur right. But i have also seen cases posted here which are 2009 cases. Jan/Feb NS, March/April/May 2009 -AOR from Buffalo...Transffered to various Consulates around US at the end of 2009 Nov/Dec.

There are few cases posted in this forum on which i based my conclusion.

Since after 2009 Feb, there will be much less cases (anticipation only) I thought once the backlog is cleared they will move much faster. now backlog is cleared as it seems...so I am guessing about the speed to be at par with ND. Where case goes to IN PROCESS in 1 month after getting the full app.

So, lets have our fingers crossed.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
MarkCan said:
...unless you fall under the FSW2 category (have a job offer in Canada and/or are working in Canada. Those cases are likely to be processed faster than FSW1 OR FSW3 cases.

Mark
Hi Mark, How do you know that FSW2 cases are processed faster than FSW1 & FSW3?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ELAR said:
Hi Mark, How do you know that FSW2 are processed faster than FSW1 & FSW3?
Just look at the cases on trackitt that fall under FSW2 and compare them with ones that fall under FSW1 and 3 (same timeline cases) and you begin to see a pattern. Even otherwise, if you think logically, someone who already has a job offer in Canada and/or is working in Canada is less likely to be a burden on Canadian economy. This definitely works to the advantage of FSW2 category people when the visa officer makes a determination whether to proceed further with the case.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Here is one example of how a typical FSW1 and 3 timeline will look like (excludes exceptions or cases that are processed faster due to some "other" reasons):

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rrpf-for-application-in-buffalo-t34033.0.html

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
MarkCan said:
Here is one example of how a typical FSW1 and 3 timeline will look like (excludes exceptions or cases that are processed faster due to some "other" reasons):

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rrpf-for-application-in-buffalo-t34033.0.html
Hi Mark thanks for the clarification, Do you know any FSW2 case to be compare with other cases?

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
You mention that some cases are there whose files have been transferred from Buffalo to other visa offices? I wonder what should one assume when the file is transferred from Buffalo to other visa offices around the US?

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Honolulu said:
I think it is important to understand that timelines for the past are no indicator of how the current new process applications will be dealt with. Anyway Buffalo normally had taken about 18 months on average from AOR to passport stamping. There are cases that go well beyond that time frame as well but 18 months seems like about the average.
For the new process all I know is that no cases which had AOR in Feb 2009 and are based outside of Canada have had ANY reponse to date. How much longer it will take ( it is now 12 months) is anybody's guess.
Actually, I did ask my attorney, he said that the time line should be 8-10 months after submit the application to BUffalo. right now his office is receiving med request filed on feb2009. and he anticipate time line will sooner because it is in the transmit mold from old system to 12 month mark system.