+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
i just want to know...on what basis buffalo office issue file number....if our package is not complete....even then file number is issued or not

Buffalo visa office or any other visa office does not issue a new file number if the application is incomplete. Only when they receive a complete application with all of the required documents, they create a file on their database for the applicant, issue a new file number, and send an acknowledgment of receipt letter to the applicant (AOR) confirming the receipt of his application and stating that a file has been created to the applicant.

If the application is incomplete or missing any documents, it will be returned back to the applicant with an explanation letter to resend the application with the missing documents. (there are some exceptions in that regard such as missing police clearance documents) in that case, they accept the application, issue the file number, and ask for those missing police clearance documents in a later stage after they start processing the application.

omaus25 said:
thank you guys,

I really do appreciate your support and comments, it feels great to know we are not alone on this path full of dreams and hopes... I am going to send an email to Buffalo immediately and I will let you know what is happening as soon as I get a response from them.

Thank you again, and the best for all of you guys !!!

Good luck and hope to hear good news about your application.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
MarkCan said:
You usually get the AOR within 4-6 weeks of Buffalo receiving your documents. I would suggest that you wait for a couple of weeks more. If by then you don't receive the AOR, contact Buffalo through e-mail or phone.

Mark
Hi, does anyone has had AOR in last past weeks?. I've waiting 4 weeks now for AOR and nothing yet (no email or ecas updating). I guess I would have to wait a couple more weeks. If I don't get the AOR in that time, what do guys you suggest to do?

Thanks and good luck all

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ELAR said:
Hi, does anyone has had AOR in last past weeks?. I've waiting 4 weeks now for AOR and nothing yet (no email or ecas updating). I guess I would have to wait a couple more weeks. If I don't get the AOR in that time, what do guys you suggest to do?

Thanks and good luck all
If you don't receive the AOR within the next couple of weeks, you can send Buffalo an email inquiring about the same. Sometimes delay occurs, especially since Buffalo is overwhelmed with applications currently.

Mark

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
My full application was received by Buffalo on Jan 11 and I am yet to get an AOR. Anyone who filed in early Jan and got the AOR? pls update.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

This is a very wierd case at trackitt, where the applicant has done his medicals and got a letter that his interview was waived, and suddenly they asked him to attend an interview when he was expecting a passport request !

Really, there is no safe point in the immigration process even if we think that we are at the very last step !

The link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/489358187/interview-waived-medical-s-done-and-again-requested-interview

and this is another wierd case at Buffalo as well, the applicant got email from Buffalo to send his passport without having his medicals done, and the email says as per his post " your application for PR in canada is almost complete" and asking for his passport without medicals !

I am sure that Buffalo has sent him that email by mistake !

The link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/486264351/passport-stamping-at-buffalo

The first case requires an interview after medicals in the last stage, and the second case requires passport for visa stamping before the medicals !

looks like things are mixed up in Buffalo !

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Pasi said:
My full application was received by Buffalo on Jan 11 and I am yet to get an AOR. Anyone who filed in early Jan and got the AOR? pls update.
Give it a week or two to get the AOR. If you still don't get it, send an email to Buffalo inquiring about the same.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
professional 1 said:
Hi guys,

This is a very wierd case at trackitt, where the applicant has done his medicals and got a letter that his interview was waived, and suddenly they asked him to attend an interview when he was expecting a passport request !

Really, there is no safe point in the immigration process even if we think that we are at the very last step !

The link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/489358187/interview-waived-medical-s-done-and-again-requested-interview

and this is another wierd case at Buffalo as well, the applicant got email from Buffalo to send his passport without having his medicals done, and the email says as per his post " your application for PR in canada is almost complete" and asking for his passport without medicals !

I am sure that Buffalo has sent him that email by mistake !

The link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/486264351/passport-stamping-at-buffalo

The first case requires an interview after medicals in the last stage, and the second case requires passport for visa stamping before the medicals !

looks like things are mixed up in Buffalo !
You will always find glitches in the immigration system. Also, there is no "safe stage" in immigration. Until you receive your visa on the passport and then land in Canada safely, it is all dicey. I have known of a case that was denied entry into Canada even after issuance of a visa -- the computer showed a record that the visa office missed. So you see, until you enter Canada with the visa, it is best to cross fingers.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
You will always find glitches in the immigration system. Also, there is no "safe stage" in immigration. Until you receive your visa on the passport and then land in Canada safely, it is all dicey. I have known of a case that was denied entry into Canada even after issuance of a visa -- the computer showed a record that the visa office missed. So you see, until you enter Canada with the visa, it is best to cross fingers.

Mark

That is true.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Hi Pasi, when did you come back? And did you send the India PCC as an addendum later or waiting for the Buffalo AOR before sending the addendum? Any progress on your case will give me hope, a I am running a month behind you. My application was received by Buffalo on 10th Feb and it maybe eons before I actually get to hear anything. The delay in the FBI PCC took out all the steam out of me and now I do not have much hope on my application, as Buffalo seems to have been one of the worst in terms of timelines and favourable results. In fact, it is yet to refund money of applications filed 2 years back which weren't processed due to change in immigration rules as per ministerial instructions of 28th Nov 2008.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi garian4u, I am still in India only. Yet to get my new visa to come back to US. I got my Indian PCC but I have not sent it to Buffalo. As you said, I was waiting for my second AOR with the new file number to send it. Yes, I agree that Buffalo is not doing good with respect to timelines. Right now, my only task is to wait for the second AOR and send the PCC. After that, I can forget this and go on with my work until I get the next notification...

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I have a gut feeling that Buffalo's workload will ease up in the next 2-3 months and we will see some real action by May/June. As it is, Buffalo is transferring cases to other visa offices and the whole process will take at least 2-3 months to streamline.

Mark

gocanada963

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Friends
This is my status as of today (for so many days!)
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 15, 2009. Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review. We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on April 21, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.
Received the AOR from Buffalo as on Aug 3 2009. Any idea, how long it will take for a change of status?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
gocanada963 said:
Friends
This is my status as of today (for so many days!)
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 15, 2009. Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review. We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on April 21, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.
Received the AOR from Buffalo as on Aug 3 2009. Any idea, how long it will take for a change of status?
Don't worry about what happens on the website. The Canadian immigration website is not a yardstick to track the progress of your application. There are cases where people have gotten their visas and yet the website shows "Received by Visa Office". Since you received your AOR from Buffalo in August 2009, don't expect a response from Buffalo until August 2010 (at least). Unless you fall in the FSW2 category (employment in Canada) or have been nominated by the provincial government. Or, unless the "so-called fast-track process" actually becomes fast-track. Right now, Buffalo is inundated by a flood of applications and they have no clue how to disburse them.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Any applicants who received the AOR from Buffalo in early 2009 and have gotten some response?

Mark

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan,
There is an update from another thread "FBI Clearance in US" from an applicant "venkanat". I am pasting the post here:
Sydney recieved application on March 5th 2009 and by March 17th 2009 they accepted and transfered to Buffalo. From there onwards almost 10 months buffalo kept the application and then buffalo consulate transfered my application to NY on Jan 27th 2010. And Feb 4th 2010, they reviewed the application and started processing on the same date. And then Feb 9th 2010, they asked for additional docs along with PCC, RPRF and stated that, they are going to send medicals, if i submit those.