+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION WILL REACH AFTER 1 JAN, 400 FEE PAID

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hey guys,

So we just got off the phone with cic. Any application that will be open on January 1st must have the correct fee regardless when orgiginally received. Our application was sentcand received end of August 2014 and hasn't been found. They fcking list it. So even if it pops up now they will sent it back due to incorrect fees. Even if it's their fault that they are slow and messy.

So anyones application sent last year that hasn't been opened yet is doomed to be sent back due to the stupid fee increase.
We ll have to sent a third application again with an additional $230 cause we didn't notice the increase fee until I read it in the paper cause cic is so kind and stays silent about it.

:mad:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cfbebe said:
Hey guys,

So we just got off the phone with cic. Any application that will be open on January 1st must have the correct fee regardless when orgiginally received. Our application was sentcand received end of August 2014 and hasn't been found. They fcking list it. So even if it pops up now they will sent it back due to incorrect fees. Even if it's their fault that they are slow and messy.

So anyones application sent last year that hasn't been opened yet is doomed to be sent back due to the stupid fee increase.
We ll have to sent a third application again with an additional $230 cause we didn't notice the increase fee until I read it in the paper cause cic is so kind and stays silent about it.

:mad:
Check the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

If the application is received before 1st January 2015 and even though it is not opened for processing it will still go under old fees of $400:

If an application initially received before January 1, 2015, was returned to the applicant because the application was incomplete and was subsequently received by the CPC-S as a complete application before January 1, 2015, it will be processed using the old processing fee.

Also here is another link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/cit/citizenship.asp

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I know I can pay the difference. But do I need to wait until my package is returned, which would be more or less 2 months. Is there a way to pay this difference online and this can be matched to my application package almost there? So I don't waste the time ??????

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
AnaMaria said:
I know I can pay the difference. But do I need to wait until my package is returned, which would be more or less 2 months. Is there a way to pay this difference online and this can be matched to my application package almost there? So I don't waste the time ??????
I suppose no however call CIC's call centre and ask them if they can help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
AnaMaria said:
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp the answer is "No".
It states that the application will be returned if received on or after January 1st with the old fee.

abidbdo

Dec 24, 2014
my application reached on 2nd jan with 400 , today I called cic, officer told me its better to wait then resending and paying new fee, they are making it more confusing

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abidbdo said:
my application reached on 2nd jan with 400 , today I called cic, officer told me its better to wait then resending and paying new fee, they are making it more confusing
Most probably they will return your applicaiton. Once they return your application, send additional $230 with existing application (make sure returned application is not stale dated) or new application with existing $400 receipt and $230 additional fee from the website.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
What if I send a new application with the same receipt of $400 plus an additional payment receipt. Would it jeopardize my application? I can't even get to the call center reps. :mad:

demirtash

Jan 8, 2015
I have the same problem. I sent my application on Dec 29th and they have received it on Jan 5th. When I sent it, the new fee was not even an option in the online payment tool so I sent it with the old fee. Should I just send another application as the first one will be returned to me for sure ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
demirtash said:
I have the same problem. I sent my application on Dec 29th and they have received it on Jan 5th. When I sent it, the new fee was not even an option in the online payment tool so I sent it with the old fee. Should I just send another application as the first one will be returned to me for sure ?
Please wait for your application to be returned and resubmit it with additional $230 receipt from CIC website

demirtash

Jan 8, 2015
Thank you thecoolguysam. I have called CIC this morning and they told me the same thing. It is really interesting to see that I am going to lose another 2-3 months for something which wasn't my fault at all. It would be even worse if CIC makes C-24 bill effective before my application is returned.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
You can pay the difference online - the same way you paid the $400... there is a section to pay the difference.

But I don't understand why do you have to pay the difference if your application was sent and received before December 31st.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
You can pay the difference online - the same way you paid the $400... there is a section to pay the difference.

But I don't understand why do you have to pay the difference if your application was sent and received before December 31st.
CIC will consider the new fee effective 1st Jan 2015, regardless of when the application was mailed or signed.
It means any application that has been received at CIC's office on or after 1st Jan 2015 will require new fees and application that reached on or before 31st December will require old fees.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
CIC will consider the new fee effective 1st Jan 2015, regardless of when the application was mailed or signed.
It means any application that has been received at CIC's office on or after 1st Jan 2015 will require new fees and application that reached on or before 31st December will require old fees.
I agree. Thank you for reemphasizing my point.