+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION WILL REACH AFTER 1 JAN, 400 FEE PAID

abidbdo

Dec 24, 2014
Hello, I am new to this forum,

I sent my application today on Canada post express , and most probably it will reach after 1 jan,

my question is I paid 400 , there was no option of 630 in the system.

will my application will accepted or it will be return??

thanks

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
abidbdo said:
Hello, I am new to this forum,

I sent my application today on Canada post express , and most probably it will reach after 1 jan,

my question is I paid 400 , there was no option of 630 in the system.

will my application will accepted or it will be return??

thanks
I guess there's nothing you can do, but wait and see what happens.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I don't think it will be returned since you signed the application on december 2014 and if you actually sent it today by CP express it should be there before Jan 01.

Hamzayev

Dec 24, 2014
I have sent mine today as well with Fedex. Before sending I have called Call Centre and asked exactly the same question.
Answer from Call Centre: We will accept all application received before January 1st 2015. If envelope has been received at the office after this date they will reject it does not matter when you have signed application.

We will wait and see what happens.......

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
What is this topic about? Can someone explain?
CIC announced that citizenship application will cost more fees (starting 1/1/2015).

New fees are $630 instead of $400

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Thanks. Does this mean they will also "sneak in" the four year Res req from Jan itself? It doesn't take really that much to update two forms. Am concerned.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
yes but in system there is no 630 , its still 400 , so how can I pay 630??
They will probably update it on 30th or 31st...
All what they said, is that any application they "RECEIVE" on or after 1st of January 2015 has to pay the new fee.

The old fee is still on their website as of writing this.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
Thanks. Does this mean they will also "sneak in" the four year Res req from Jan itself? It doesn't take really that much to update two forms. Am concerned.
Till now... its only fee increase... but since the law is passed, they can enforce full clauses anytime they want.

What they announced, its going to be somewhere in summer/2015 ... but nothing can prevent them from changing this to March/2015 or January/2015!!

The process is not only to update two forms...
-- Update two forms.
-- Train their staff/officers on the new rules (as well as call center agents to answer queries).
-- Update the residence calculator.
-- Update their internal systems where they write their notes, about the applicant's file...etc..

Probably there are few things I missed :)

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
As they did earlier and mentioned above, CIC will return all applications with old fee, received after effective date of fee increase (Jan 1 2015 now).

There is no need to but if you are still in hurry, there is a work around:

If you are sure that your application will be delivered after Jan 1, and if you are paying by original receipt IMM 5401. Just pay the new fee, you will be good; if form remains same/unmodified after Jan 1.

Those who paid old fee online already, if you have an original receipt (IMM 5401) in hand, pay the balance at bank and attach with online receipt. That will be good too. (this is what CIC will ask to do upon application return)

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Donvalley said:
As they did earlier and mentioned above, CIC will return all applications with old fee, received after effective date of fee increase (Jan 1 2015 now).

There is no need to but if you are still in hurry, there is a work around:

If you are sure that your application will be delivered after Jan 1, and if you are paying by original receipt IMM 5401. Just pay the new fee, you will be good; if form remains same/unmodified after Jan 1.

Those who paid old fee online already, if you have an original receipt (IMM 5401) in hand, pay the balance at bank and attach with online receipt. That will be good too. (this is what CIC will ask to do upon application return)
What do you mean by "if forms remains same/unmodified after Jan 1"?
The only place there is any mention about the actual amount is when one does online payment. You mean change of the main application form CIT 0002? What box/blank is there about fee amount, that they will change? Or you are anticipating new clauses or requirements to go with the fee increase? Did they do anything similar when they hiked it to $400?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Raman_Ram said:
What do you mean by "if forms remains same/unmodified after Jan 1"?
The only place there is any mention about the actual amount is when one does online payment. You mean change of the main application form CIT 0002? What box/blank is there about fee amount, that they will change? Or you are anticipating new clauses or requirements to go with the fee increase? Did they do anything similar when they hiked it to $400?
Yes, I meant changes to the form CIT 0002. There is nothing mentioned about fee on the form but earlier CIC modified the form silently without announcements and accepted only current/online version there after. Applications with old forms are normally returned asking to update form.