+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION TAKING TOO LONG.

Seyifunmi

Oct 10, 2019
Hi guys! I had Biometrics done for my TRV application for myself and family on the 12th of July in Lagos,Nigeria.

We received visa confirmation on the 9th of Sept. We received phone call to confirm my wife’s pregnancy status in between and after a long wait, we received a Letter on the 9th of October 2019 inviting us for an interview for December 11,2019.

Hence we can’t go to Canada for child birth anymore.

Is this the normal process with TRV application?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi guys! I had Biometrics done for my TRV application for myself and family on the 12th of July in Lagos,Nigeria.

We received visa confirmation on the 9th of Sept. We received phone call to confirm my wife’s pregnancy status in between and after a long wait, we received a Letter on the 9th of October 2019 inviting us for an interview for December 11,2019.

Yes, based on the link estimated processing date is 72 days https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html. This processing time doesn’t include the time it takes to send an application between a Visa Application Centre (if you applied by paper) and IRCC and the time you need to give your biometrics

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They were worried you are trying to do birth tourism which you seem to have been trying to do. Although not technically illegal Canada does it’s best to refuse visitors from giving birth in Canada.

Seyifunmi

Oct 10, 2019
Thank you all!

Picked up the passports.

I was told to come back to the Deputy High Commission with the Passports on the interview date.

Fingers Crossed!

Seyifunmi

Oct 10, 2019
Dear All,

I need help!

My wife has given birth and we went for our scheduled TRV application interview.
The VO expressed concerns about us misleading him about our purpose of application. In his own view, he said our intention from the onset was to for Child Birth while we applied for Tourism.

My response which is the truth, our application was supposed to be for family Vacation/Tourism. Application took long and the kids got back to school which made us drop the family vacation trip. In between the U.S refused my wife for Child Birth and so consideration for Child Birth in Canada was an after thought.

The VO said he will give me an opportunity to respond by email, hence he sent me a letter with the details below:

I have concerns that you have misrepresented your purpose of travel to Canada. I note that you stated your purpose of travel to be “Tourism” and that you planned your tour on or around the date of delivery of your newborn child.

Does anyone have an experience with this? Or a referral to an immigration lawyer that can address this appropriately?

Standing by.

Regards.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,

I need help!

My wife has given birth and we went for our scheduled TRV application interview.
The VO expressed concerns about us misleading him about our purpose of application. In his own view, he said our intention from the onset was to for Child Birth while we applied for Tourism.

My response which is the truth, our application was supposed to be for family Vacation/Tourism. Application took long and the kids got back to school which made us drop the family vacation trip. In between the U.S refused my wife for Child Birth and so consideration for Child Birth in Canada was an after thought.

The VO said he will give me an opportunity to respond by email, hence he sent me a letter with the details below:

I have concerns that you have misrepresented your purpose of travel to Canada. I note that you stated your purpose of travel to be “Tourism” and that you planned your tour on or around the date of delivery of your newborn child.

Does anyone have an experience with this? Or a referral to an immigration lawyer that can address this appropriately?

Standing by.

Regards.
You applied to give birth in the US and when you denied you applied for Canada. Canada and the US share information. You didn’t withdraw your application once the children returned to school so your argument that your travels were for tourism don’t hold up. Not pregnant woman also goes on a vacation overseas that late in their pregnancy. Nobody is being fooled. You were trying to give birth in North America.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

I need help!

Standing by.

Regards.
Pretty clear that you were trying to come to Canada to have the child. As said above, that isn't illegal but you do need to be upfront about it. Expect a refusal and a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.

Seyifunmi

Oct 10, 2019
Chill bro, let me explain the situation.

I booked US interview date for June 2018, since February 2018. I had correspondence with U.S hospital and got Doctor's appointment from the U.S. EDD was 31st of October. Holiday was planned for UK& Canada for July/August. And my plan was she'll leave for the U.S from Canada.
U.S denied her Visa while application for Canada was ongoing. And till birth I didn't even establish any connection with any hospital in Canada. I even did to the United Kingdom cos she has a valid Visa for that. But just couldn't travel anymore.
Honestly, the Childbirth was an after thought. It was not the reason I put in my application to Canada. I believe Child Birth in Canada isn't a crime,if I had properly thought it through, I would have done it the right way.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I booked US interview date for June 2018, since February 2018. I had correspondence with U.S hospital and got Doctor's appointment from the U.S. EDD was 31st of October. Holiday was planned for UK& Canada for July/August. And my plan was she'll leave for the U.S from Canada.
U.S denied her Visa while application for Canada was ongoing. And till birth I didn't even establish any connection with any hospital in Canada. I even did to the United Kingdom cos she has a valid Visa for that. But just couldn't travel anymore.
Honestly, the Childbirth was an after thought. It was not the reason I put in my application to Canada. I believe Child Birth in Canada isn't a crime,if I had properly thought it through, I would have done it the right way.
Given that you didn't apply for the TRV until mid-July, with processing times around a few months, your stated timeline of travelling to Canad in July/August doesn't add up. TRV approval would have come around middle to end of September or beginning of October, putting your travel time right around the birth.

The US may have been your original plan for the birth but from the timelines, it seems very apparent that Canada was your back-up.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Not illegal but Canada tries to prevent birth tourism because situations like this happen. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hospital-bill.660469/ You keep trying to deny that you were trying to have a child outside Nigeria yet also admitting to do it. There is nothing to do now. Anticipate that there will be concerns that your wife wants to have a child abroad if she applies for a TRV again during her childbearing years.

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019

did they call and ask you whether your wife is pregnant or you informed them, how they got to know she is pregnant