+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned

Japryl

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Hi. Is there anyone here whose application was returned?

I initially sent my application and was received oct 22,2018 in sydney, ns

Got the returned package on December 18,2018 because of a missing document.
Its so frustrating to redo the forms again.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I had mine returned, but they kept mine until last week. i did not update the forms, i just fixed what was missing and sent back in. I'm praying they dont send them back.
i know of someone else who returned hers without updating and was fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had mine returned, but they kept mine until last week. i did not update the forms, i just fixed what was missing and sent back in. I'm praying they dont send them back.
i know of someone else who returned hers without updating and was fine.
It's fine to send the forms back without redoing them as long as no new versions of the forms have been released since the original submission.

If newer versions of the forms came out but you still sent in the old ones, be prepared for your app to be returned again.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Our application was returned this week. Reason was because we didn't supply a translated copy of my husband's birth certificate. Now my question is, because he was out of Canada when our original application was submitted and now he is in Canada with visitor status, does he have to redo the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) which asks where the PA is currently residing? Also, any other changes that may have occurred with that, like his passport pages?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Our application was returned this week. Reason was because we didn't supply a translated copy of my husband's birth certificate. Now my question is, because he was out of Canada when our original application was submitted and now he is in Canada with visitor status, does he have to redo the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) which asks where the PA is currently residing? Also, any other changes that may have occurred with that, like his passport pages?
Yes, you should update his address and anything else that has changed.

Reactions: D&S

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi. Is there anyone here whose application was returned?

I initially sent my application and was received oct 22,2018 in sydney, ns

Got the returned package on December 18,2018 because of a missing document.
Its so frustrating to redo the forms again.
We had it happen twice. The first time, I sent a T4 as a proof of revenue instead of ''Relevé B'' from CRA (forgot the english term, sorry!). Frustrating, because the T4 has my annual salary on it! They returned that application, it ended up getting lost in the mail, and by the time we found out it had been returned, we redid everything from scratch and sent it again, we had wasted almost 4 months.

Second time, they sent back his OWP app because of a single missing signature, which kicked him out of his implied status, he had to quit his job. Hasn't been allowed to work since October.

I swear, IRCC is hell on earth.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
We had it happen twice. The first time, I sent a T4 as a proof of revenue instead of ''Relevé B'' from CRA (forgot the english term, sorry!). Frustrating, because the T4 has my annual salary on it! They returned that application, it ended up getting lost in the mail, and by the time we found out it had been returned, we redid everything from scratch and sent it again, we had wasted almost 4 months.

Second time, they sent back his OWP app because of a single missing signature, which kicked him out of his implied status, he had to quit his job. Hasn't been allowed to work since October.

You are not alone. I truly detest the entire immigration process. I’ve been dealing with this entire PR process since April last year. I’m usually not an anxious person but since I started this process, it’s been constant anxiety almost everyday. I just keep telling myself to breathe.

I refuse to let this process take over my life. We will get through it by God’s grace.

Reactions: DirtyMelodies

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

So you sent in the wrong document (clearly indicated as required on the checklist), CanadaPost lost the app, you sent in an unsigned form (again, clearly indicated that unsigned forms can't be processed) and somehow that is IRCC's fault?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
So you sent in the wrong document (clearly indicated as required on the checklist), CanadaPost lost the app, you sent in an unsigned form (again, clearly indicated that unsigned forms can't be processed) and somehow that is IRCC's fault?
Dude, there are ways to make this process easier for applicants. IRCC knows this but they don’t care about making it easier for you. I have seen people on here who waited 3 whole months just to get their application returned simply because of a single missing signature.

People make mistakes. No one is freaking perfect. There is a certain kind of perfection that this whole process requires. A kind of perfection that could drive the sanest person nuts. If a signature is missing, the form can be filled out again, signed and sent through web form. Why send the entire application back and waste valuable time and money because of a mistake/mistakes that could be corrected without having to send the whole application package back.

Our complaint is that IRCC does NOT care about our time or our money. It is not in their interest to try to make this process easier for any of us. They could care less.

Read through this forum and you can see lots of anxiety and nail biting all over the place. Everyone just wants to be done with this process as quickly as IRCC will allow.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dude, there are ways to make this process easier for applicants. IRCC knows this but they don’t care about making it easier for you. I have seen people on here who waited 3 whole months just to get their application returned simply because of a single missing signature.

People make mistakes. No one is freaking perfect. There is a certain kind of perfection that this whole process requires. A kind of perfection that could drive the sanest person nuts. If a signature is missing, the form can be filled out again, signed and sent through web form. Why send the entire application back and waste valuable time and money because of a mistake/mistakes that could be corrected without having to send the whole application package back.

Our complaint is that IRCC does NOT care about our time or our money. It is not in their interest to try to make this process easier for any of us. They could care less.

Read through this forum and you can see lots of anxiety and nail biting all over the place. Everyone just wants to be done with this process as quickly as IRCC will allow.
They provide specific checklists and guides. There is even a section on signatures in the sponsorship guide. You just have to follow the instructions to submit a complete app.

IRCC deals with millions of applications every year. They aren't here to care about people's time or money. That may sound heartless to you but that is simply the truth of a large government agency.

Given my 29,000+ posts in the past 9 or so years, it's safe to say I've read through the forum. I've done a sponsorship app and my partner applied for citizenship, which was returned after 2 months because of a missed signature. There was no blaming IRCC for it, as it was not their mistake. It was corrected and resubmitted.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
They provide specific checklists and guides. There is even a section on signatures in the sponsorship guide. You just have to follow the instructions to submit a complete app.

IRCC deals with millions of applications every year. They aren't here to care about people's time or money. That may sound heartless to you but that is simply the truth of a large government agency.

Given my 29,000+ posts in the past 9 or so years, it's safe to say I've read through the forum. I've done a sponsorship app and my partner applied for citizenship, which was returned after 2 months because of a missed signature. There was no blaming IRCC for it, as it was not their mistake. It was corrected and resubmitted.
There are roughly 500,000 non-permanent resident foreigners in Canada. Out of this number, how many do you think will apply for permanent residency this year? And out of those who apply, how many will take the inland family sponsorship route (that is, those who send their applications to CPC Mississauga)? I’m not sure where you got the information that IRCC takes in millions of applications every year.

Anyways I’m not here to argue with you. You feel how you feel and I feel how I feel.

Reactions: DirtyMelodies

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Yeah, because a T4 as proof of revenue is such a far-fetched idea, right? I made a mistake, I misread that part. I mean, a T4 is literally what the government uses as a reference when you do your taxes. And we forgot a signature in a pile of about half an inch of papers. We're such morons, right? We clearly deserved to find out months later that we'd been waiting all that time for absolutely nothing.

By the way, I never blamed IRCC for following procedure. I never said it was their fault that I messed up with my proof of revenue document, or that my boyfriend missed a single signature after redoing the whole application for the second time. I said that their application system is archaic as f*** and extremely inefficient, which is frustrating. It would be so much easier to fill everything online, upload PDFs, and sign electronically.

Anyway, I hope quarantine's nice and cozy in that glass house of yours.