Application returned

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There are roughly 500,000 non-permanent resident foreigners in Canada. Out of this number, how many do you think will apply for permanent residency this year? And out of those who apply, how many will take the inland family sponsorship route (that is, those who send their applications to CPC Mississauga)? I’m not sure where you got the information that IRCC takes in millions of applications every year.

Anyways I’m not here to argue with you. You feel how you feel and I feel how I feel.
I didn't say "millions of inland sponsorship apps" or even "millions of PR apps". I said "millions of apps". TRV apps alone are in the millions every year. Add to that the spousal/child/parent sponsorship, FSW, CEC, PNP, FSTP, H&C, study, worker, TRP, citizenship etc. That is why IRCC doesn't care about you personally.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
You are not alone. I truly detest the entire immigration process. I’ve been dealing with this entire PR process since April last year. I’m usually not an anxious person but since I started this process, it’s been constant anxiety almost everyday. I just keep telling myself to breathe.

I refuse to let this process take over my life. We will get through it by God’s grace.
I feel you. I'm usually not an anxious person either. I'm very chill and easygoing. But this whole process, the not knowing/being left in the dark, financial hardship... It's horrible. I can't wait to be done. I'm having anxiety and trouble sleeping. My boyfriend feels like a failure because he's been stuck at home since October and unable to contribute much financially. He's depressed and cries often because he's so stressed out.

Can't wait until he gets that damn card.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah, because a T4 as proof of revenue is such a far-fetched idea, right? I made a mistake, I misread that part. I mean, a T4 is literally what the government uses as a reference when you do your taxes. And we forgot a signature in a pile of about half an inch of papers. We're such morons, right? We clearly deserved to find out months later that we'd been waiting all that time for absolutely nothing.

By the way, I never blamed IRCC for following procedure. I never said it was their fault that I messed up with my proof of revenue document, or that my boyfriend missed a single signature after redoing the whole application for the second time. I said that their application system is archaic as f*** and extremely inefficient, which is frustrating. It would be so much easier to fill everything online, upload PDFs, and sign electronically.

Anyway, I hope quarantine's nice and cozy in that glass house of yours.
The Option C or NOA provides more information, particularly whether the sponsor has received welfare. That's why it is a required document.

Read the post where I very clearly said my partner's citizenship app was returned after 2 months for one missed signature and calm down. No one called you morons, nor did I say anyone deserved to find out months later.

You never actually said the the system was archaic and inefficient. You said it was "hell on earth", which is pretty different and pretty to the point in blaming them. I agree that IRCC can certainly make improvements and that the process can be frustrating. Believe it or not, it was a lot worse when my partner and I applied many years ago.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
The Option C or NOA provides more information, particularly whether the sponsor has received welfare. That's why it is a required document.

Read the post where I very clearly said my partner's citizenship app was returned after 2 months for one missed signature and calm down. No one called you morons, nor did I say anyone deserved to find out months later.

You never actually said the the system was archaic and inefficient. You said it was "hell on earth", which is pretty different and pretty to the point in blaming them. I agree that IRCC can certainly make improvements and that the process can be frustrating. Believe it or not, it was a lot worse when my partner and I applied many years ago.
I had never heard of an Option C in my life, and it was definitely my fault for thinking a T4 was appropriate. I probably just saw ''CRA proof of revenue'' on the checklist, and my mind must've immediately jumped to T4 (because that's what I tought was the be-all end-all when it came to proofs of revenue). I now understand why Option C is preferable. It's definitely on me for messing that up.

But we sent that first application packet in April, and by the end of June, we still hadn't heard back, so they told us to wait a bit longer. Mid-July, we called back again, and they said ''Oh yeah, it's been sent back, but we can't tell you why exactly. We don't have that info. You should've gotten it by now, guess Canada Post lost it. Start over.'' So we had to start from scratch, not knowing what we messed up exactly, send it back to Mississauga and pray it wouldn't get returned in a couple of months as well. How is that not a clusterf*** of a system? How is that efficient? A good online application system could simply allow to agent to flag an incorrect document, which we'd get a notification of, and could upload a copy of the correct one within minutes. No snail mail back and forth, agents having to go over the application submission all over again, etc.

Same goes for missing signatures. Yes, it's our fault for overlooking one, even though we sat at our living room coffee table and went over the damn checklist at least three times to verify the documents we were including. But do you think it makes sense to tell someone ''Bruh, you missed a signature here. You gotta quit your job, now.''

Oh, and by the way, the letter they included in the OWP packet they returned to us was dated 2 weeks before his visa expired, but the Canada Post stamp shows it had been mailed a couple of days after his visa expired. Had they sent it out earlier, we might've had time to correct it. On an online system, you'd get a notification and wouldn't be able to move onto the next step if you forgot an electronic signature.

So yeah, I'm extremely frustrated with them. I'm not saying we didn't do anything wrong. I'm pissed off by their inefficiency, and what they've put us through because of their sh*tty system.

Reactions: DiiDii

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I had never heard of an Option C in my life, and it was definitely my fault for thinking a T4 was appropriate. I probably just saw ''CRA proof of revenue'' on the checklist, and my mind must've immediately jumped to T4 (because that's what I tought was the be-all end-all when it came to proofs of revenue). I now understand why Option C is preferable. It's definitely on me for messing that up.

But we sent that first application packet in April, and by the end of June, we still hadn't heard back, so they told us to wait a bit longer. Mid-July, we called back again, and they said ''Oh yeah, it's been sent back, but we can't tell you why exactly. We don't have that info. You should've gotten it by now, guess Canada Post lost it. Start over.'' So we had to start from scratch, not knowing what we messed up exactly, send it back to Mississauga and pray it wouldn't get returned in a couple of months as well. How is that not a clusterf*** of a system? How is that efficient? A good online application system could simply allow to agent to flag an incorrect document, which we'd get a notification of, and could upload a copy of the correct one within minutes. No snail mail back and forth, agents having to go over the application submission all over again, etc.

Same goes for missing signatures. Yes, it's our fault for overlooking one, even though we sat at our living room coffee table and went over the damn checklist at least three times to verify the documents we were including. But do you think it makes sense to tell someone ''Bruh, you missed a signature here. You gotta quit your job, now.''

Oh, and by the way, the letter they included in the OWP packet they returned to us was dated 2 weeks before his visa expired, but the Canada Post stamp shows it had been mailed a couple of days after his visa expired. Had they sent it out earlier, we might've had time to correct it. On an online system, you'd get a notification and wouldn't be able to move onto the next step if you forgot an electronic signature.

So yeah, I'm extremely frustrated with them. I'm not saying we didn't do anything wrong. I'm pissed off by their inefficiency, and what they've put us through because of their sh*tty system.
I’m with you 100%. I don’t understand why people try to defend the system. There’s nothing to defend. I’ve been in this country as a foreigner for 12 years. I’m sick of dealing with the system. I really hope we all get through this process as soon as possible so we can regain some peace of mind, smh.

Reactions: DirtyMelodies

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I didn't say "millions of inland sponsorship apps" or even "millions of PR apps". I said "millions of apps". TRV apps alone are in the millions every year. Add to that the spousal/child/parent sponsorship, FSW, CEC, PNP, FSTP, H&C, study, worker, TRP, citizenship etc. That is why IRCC doesn't care about you personally.

I have applied for every document you can think of in order to keep my status in this country. From study permit to PGWP to TRV to OWP to PR.

Different offices handle different applications so what exactly are you talking about?? The office that handles inland sponsorship applications is not the same office that handles OWP applications. This means that there is a division of labour amongst the processing centres. The office in Mississauga isn’t dealing with millions of applications every year so what exactly is their excuse for not giving a sh*t about the time and money of applicants?

The system needs some SERIOUS changes but no one cares enough to do something. It’s not their precious years that’s being wasted waiting for an approval that no one is even certain of.

Reactions: DirtyMelodies

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I’m with you 100%. I don’t understand why people try to defend the system. There’s nothing to defend. I’ve been in this country as a foreigner for 12 years. I’m sick of dealing with the system. I really hope we all get through this process as soon as possible so we can regain some peace of mind, smh.
Thanks. I agree with you. It needs to be overhauled, badly. Like, scrap everything and start from scratch. From the call center to the GCKey/eCAS platform and application process.

I hope your application gets finalized soon too, I can't imagine spending 12 years dealing with them. I just hope the whole COVID-19 situation doesn't delay the process too much. We're so close to the end, and I can't wait for our finances to get back to where they used to be.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have applied for every document you can think of in order to keep my status in this country. From study permit to PGWP to TRV to OWP to PR.

Different offices handle different applications so what exactly are you talking about?? The office that handles inland sponsorship applications is not the same office that handles OWP applications. This means that there is a division of labour amongst the processing centres. The office in Mississauga isn’t dealing with millions of applications every year so what exactly is their excuse for not giving a sh*t about the time and money of applicants?

The system needs some SERIOUS changes but no one cares enough to do something. It’s not their precious years that’s being wasted waiting for an approval that no one is even certain of.
I am talking about a government department that processes millions of apps per year, regardless of working out of different offices. Like pretty much every government department in every country with thousands and thousands of employees processing millions and millions of apps, they don't care about you personally.

No one is saying that changes shouldn't be made. IRCC can certainly improve. As I said in another post, the sponsorship process is a LOT better than it was even just a few years ago but it can still be much better. However, applicants still have the responsibility to ensure their app is complete.

ishyfishy

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
To add to the previous comments, as a software engineer, I really think 80% of the entire application validation process can be automated and save applicants months of stress due to missing signatures, and other minor arbitrary things that might offend the person reviewing your application.

It is a bit of a shame the government hasn't invested the time to do that.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
To add to the previous comments, as a software engineer, I really think 80% of the entire application validation process can be automated and save applicants months of stress due to missing signatures, and other minor arbitrary things that might offend the person reviewing your application.

It is a bit of a shame the government hasn't invested the time to do that.
software engineer should produce an software AI or something to help themselves check their paper work. Their software can help everybody out of this.
In the checklist, they ask you check your signatures where you stick on that checklist, it should remind you to complete your job.