+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected, Work Permit expires 15th Oct 2018

Sra1

Nov 19, 2018
Absolutely incorrect, but i'll excuse you anyway ;). And i remember so many people saying this to me. Well guess what, i'm still here in Canada, working for the same employer with zero issues. My PR application was rejected while waiting for BOWP. I reapplied and later on, my BOWP got approved.

My statement is backed by
a) my own case (this happened to me so this is not some theory),
b) the two Canadian lawyers who i paid for their legal advice on this specific matter,
c) my workplace lawyer who told me to reapply asap (if meet the requirements), and
d) the CIC rep who refused to commit to me on my phone call with him that "if your PR gets rejected, then your BOWP will also get rejected".

Here's the scenario which leads to your BOWP getting rejected, BECAUSE your associated PR application got rejected: your application was rejected because it was deemed incomplete. That is it. It clearly states on CIC's site as well if you dig around (it is a LOT of digging).

So if your PR application file was complete but it got rejected, then this rejection has no bearing on the BOWP application.
If your PR application file was incomplete and it got rejected (as it was deemed incomplete), your BOWP will absolutely get rejected.

Feel free to call a lawyer, it will cost you $500 and they will say exactly what i stated above. I have already done it. Twice.
If I apply for new PR application. Is it mandatory to attach my new AOR to
Depends on why it got refused. If You are eligible to apply again, and you can do so immediately, then you'll need to do it as asap, and then submit a webform to iirc explaining what happened. The webform is also used to tie the new AOR with the existing BOWP application.

Create EE profile
Wait for invitation
Apply for PR and get AOR
Use this AOR to fill webform which ties BOWP with current PR application. explain this whole thing by attaching a doc in the webform.

Good luck.
my existing BOWP application.?
Depends on why it got refused. If You are eligible to apply again, and you can do so immediately, then you'll need to do it as asap, and then submit a webform to iirc explaining what happened. The webform is also used to tie the new AOR with the existing BOWP application.

Create EE profile
Wait for invitation
Apply for PR and get AOR
Use this AOR to fill webform which ties BOWP with current PR application. explain this whole thing by attaching a doc in the webform.

Good luck.

If I apply for new PR application. Is it mandatory to add new AOR to existing BOWP application.?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
If I apply for new PR application. Is it mandatory to add new AOR to existing BOWP application
Absolutely. You need AOR for a bwop. The old one is associated with the now rejected pr file. So you can risk it and see what happens if you just wait for a resultr But, I don't recommend that at all.

Apply again (assuming you're still eligible) , get the new AOR, fill the Cic webform online and explain why you're requesting them to attach the new AOR to the BOWP). Then you can sleep peacefully.

And if you get approved, send me a $100 bill.

Sra1

Nov 19, 2018
Absolutely. You need AOR for a bwop. The old one is associated with the now rejected pr file. So you can risk it and see what happens if you just wait for a resultr But, I don't recommend that at all.

Apply again (assuming you're still eligible) , get the new AOR, fill the Cic webform online and explain why you're requesting them to attach the new AOR to the BOWP). Then you can sleep peacefully.

And if you get approved, send me a $100 bill.

Sure. How you like? Cash? Or cheque?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hello one more question
Did you get your PR yet.?
Waiting since Oct 29th (when i got AOR). IP2.

PS: I'm unfollowing this thread as every time i get a notification on my email, it starts with "application rejected..." which is the title of this post. I dont want any heart attacks. So if anyone here has a Q for me specifically, just tag me or PM me.
Thanks!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Waiting since Oct 29th (when i got AOR). IP2.

PS: I'm unfollowing this thread as every time i get a notification on my email, it starts with "application rejected..." which is the title of this post. I dont want any heart attacks. So if anyone here has a Q for me specifically, just tag me or PM me.
Thanks!
I have a quick question regarding the timeline you received the physical copy of your BOWP. How long did it take? Mine got approved on Jan 11 and it’s more than a month now. It hasn’t been mailed to me yet. Thanks

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
I have a quick question regarding the timeline you received the physical copy of your BOWP. How long did it take? Mine got approved on Jan 11 and it’s more than a month now. It hasn’t been mailed to me yet. Thanks
About 7-10 days. Call them. One month is a lot more than you'd expect.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
I am not sure this is correct. There have been PR candidates on PGWP applying for BOWP and getting it.
Well PGWP are a one time opportunity (... from what i know. Things may have changed in hte past few months). So you cant extend them. BUT, if you have applied for PR and have the AOR, then you can apply for BOWP by using AOR i nyour application. You cant get a BOWP without having applied for PR. Hope this makes is clearer.

Reactions: Carlosincanada1

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Have you seen anyone who's working in Quebec and applied for CEC PR and wants to extend their PGWP via BOWP? My employer is in Quebec but my address is in Ontario (I have lease there).
I am worried that my BOWP get's rejected for that...

Jun 2, 2019
Well PGWP are a one time opportunity (... from what i know. Things may have changed in hte past few months). So you cant extend them. BUT, if you have applied for PR and have the AOR, then you can apply for BOWP by using AOR i nyour application. You cant get a BOWP without having applied for PR. Hope this makes is clearer.
Hi asd1985, maybe you could help me my PR application was rejected as Incomplete because of a missing translation of 1 of the 2 Police Certificates. My BOWP is still processing and I'm expecting to receive ITA for the next draw. Do you think if I upload new AOR via webform to my BOWP application could help it getting approved? Thank you

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi asd1985, maybe you could help me my PR application was rejected as Incomplete because of a missing translation of 1 of the 2 Police Certificates. My BOWP is still processing and I'm expecting to receive ITA for the next draw. Do you think if I upload new AOR via webform to my BOWP application could help it getting approved? Thank you
HI. Sorry for the dealy in my response. And sorry to hear about your situation. But you can still make it!

If your rejection letter doesnt not bar you from rea-pplying, then you should do the following (in order):

A) Hope / wish / pray that you get an ITA asap.
B) Submit your new PR application by fixing the error you described, that got your application rejected in the last attempt. Make sure you mention this fix in your letter of explanation.
C) Get the AOR.
D) Immediately after getting the AOR, go to that IRCC webfrom (google it) and fill out your BOWP application details.
E) Have a letter that explains in excrutiating detail, that you've reapplied for PR, and that you've taken care of the problem that caused the previous PR aaplication to get rejected.
F) Dont forget to attach this explanation letter, when prompted.

G) Wait for the BOWP to get approved (fingers crossed).
H) Once BOWP gets approved, raise another webform ticket. This time, use your NEW PR UCI/ Application number. And then inform them that you have recitifed your mistake and your BOWP has been recently approved.

This should work. This is exactly what i did. I got my file approved today, after 2 rejections. 3rd time luck i guess.

If its of any use, here my timeline.

1st PR application Rejection date: somewhere in November 2017
2nd PR application rejected: 5th Oct 2018
WP expiry: 15th Oct 2018
BOWP applied: 28th Sept. 2018

3rd PR application while on "implied status": 29th Oct 2018
BOWP approved: 29 November 2018
PR approved: 21st June 2019 (a few minutes ago)

Good luck! If i can make it after 2 major fuck-ups, then anyone can!