+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected, Work Permit expires 15th Oct 2018

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hai Asd1985, I stuck here on same situation like u had. My PR file got resufed and my BOWP is still in processing. Iam in big trouble now. What do you suggest me?
Depends on why it got refused. If You are eligible to apply again, and you can do so immediately, then you'll need to do it as asap, and then submit a webform to iirc explaining what happened. The webform is also used to tie the new AOR with the existing BOWP application.

Create EE profile
Wait for invitation
Apply for PR and get AOR
Use this AOR to fill webform which ties BOWP with current PR application. explain this whole thing by attaching a doc in the webform.

Good luck.

Reactions: yaseenjar

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Also, there is no correlation between the outcome of your PR application and the outcome of your BOWP. None. There is a misconception that there is, but there isn't.
As long as your PR application was deemed complete, you're good ( for bowp approval).

Sra1

Nov 19, 2018
Depends on why it got refused. If You are eligible to apply again, and you can do so immediately, then you'll need to do it as asap, and then submit a webform to iirc explaining what happened. The webform is also used to tie the new AOR with the existing BOWP application.

Create EE profile
Wait for invitation
Apply for PR and get AOR
Use this AOR to fill webform which ties BOWP with current PR application. explain this whole thing by attaching a doc in the webform.

Good luck.

Thanks for your valuable information. One more question how long was your BOWP processing time.?

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for your valuable information. One more question how long was your BOWP processing time.?
Mine just got approved today and it is 85 days exactly like the website says. Just a heads up that processing day becomes longer every Friday they update the website.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
ummm excuse me. There is a good correlation between these two. If your PR application gets rejected, your BOWP will also get rejected.
Absolutely incorrect, but i'll excuse you anyway ;). And i remember so many people saying this to me. Well guess what, i'm still here in Canada, working for the same employer with zero issues. My PR application was rejected while waiting for BOWP. I reapplied and later on, my BOWP got approved.

My statement is backed by
a) my own case (this happened to me so this is not some theory),
b) the two Canadian lawyers who i paid for their legal advice on this specific matter,
c) my workplace lawyer who told me to reapply asap (if meet the requirements), and
d) the CIC rep who refused to commit to me on my phone call with him that "if your PR gets rejected, then your BOWP will also get rejected".

Here's the scenario which leads to your BOWP getting rejected, BECAUSE your associated PR application got rejected: your application was rejected because it was deemed incomplete. That is it. It clearly states on CIC's site as well if you dig around (it is a LOT of digging).

So if your PR application file was complete but it got rejected, then this rejection has no bearing on the BOWP application.
If your PR application file was incomplete and it got rejected (as it was deemed incomplete), your BOWP will absolutely get rejected.

Feel free to call a lawyer, it will cost you $500 and they will say exactly what i stated above. I have already done it. Twice.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
There was a thread few days ago a person whose PR application was rejected and than his BOWP also got rejected and reason was that his PR application got rejected. The only time it will slide through is that the decision of PR application and BOWP was made within the same time frame.
You dont know that person's exact case. And i dont either. So i wont comment on it. But...

The only time it will slide through is that the decision of PR application and BOWP was made within the same time frame.
... is incorrect. My PR decision (rejection) was made 57 days BEFORE my BOWP got approved. Not even close to the "same time frame" theory. Again, there is no co-relation. I challenge anyone on this forum to show me the exact quote on canada.ca which says " if your PR file has been rejected then your BOWP will also get rejected". This is just a causation-correlation confusion. People think one must lead to the other. In this case, causation does not imply co-relation and i'm the proof.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Absolutely incorrect, but i'll excuse you anyway ;). And i remember so many people saying this to me. Well guess what, i'm still here in Canada, working for the same employer with zero issues. My PR application was rejected while waiting for BOWP. I reapplied and later on, my BOWP got approved.

My statement is backed by
a) my own case (this happened to me so this is not some theory),
b) the two Canadian lawyers who i paid for their legal advice on this specific matter,
c) my workplace lawyer who told me to reapply asap (if meet the requirements), and
d) the CIC rep who refused to commit to me on my phone call with him that "if your PR gets rejected, then your BOWP will also get rejected".

Here's the scenario which leads to your BOWP getting rejected, BECAUSE your associated PR application got rejected: your application was rejected because it was deemed incomplete. That is it. It clearly states on CIC's site as well if you dig around (it is a LOT of digging).

So if your PR application file was complete but it got rejected, then this rejection has no bearing on the BOWP application.
If your PR application file was incomplete and it got rejected (as it was deemed incomplete), your BOWP will absolutely get rejected.

Feel free to call a lawyer, it will cost you $500 and they will say exactly what i stated above. I have already done it. Twice.
if you say so lol, i would not argue over that if you did so much research but as i mentioned there was a thread few days back about same issue. This was the same information provided to me by CIC agents. But as IRCC can be all over the place, either of them can be false.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
You dont know that person's exact case. And i dont either. So i wont comment on it. But...

... is incorrect. My PR decision (rejection) was made 57 days BEFORE my BOWP got approved. Not even close to the "same time frame" theory. Again, there is no co-relation. I challenge anyone on this forum to show me the exact quote on canada.ca which says " if your PR file has been rejected then your BOWP will also get rejected". This is just a causation-correlation confusion. People think one must lead to the other. In this case, causation does not imply co-relation and i'm the proof.
It does not state the exact wording, but it does state your application should have cleared the A whatever that check is.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
if you say so lol, i would not argue over that if you did so much research but as i mentioned there was a thread few days back about same issue. This was the same information provided to me by CIC agents. But as IRCC can be all over the place, either of them can be false.
I went through hell so yeah i did an insane amount of research on it. Rejection of BOWP would have cost me my job and my Canadian stay. :eek:
now there can be many reasons why files get rejected so i cant comment on that. People get rejected for different reasons, and they assume that this rejection led to BOWP rejection, which is not necessarily the case all of the time. Depends on the rejection reason.

This is a good link. It's official.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1134&top=29

Reactions: movais

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
It does not state the exact wording, but it does state your application should have cleared the A whatever that check is.
Yes! That the completion check. It needs to clear that. If it doesn't, BOWP will get rejected the the PR file associated that the accompanying BOWP is deemed incomplete.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Sorry if i came across too forcefully on this one. It just reminded me of the time i was stressed due to this and couldnt find the correct info, and had to pay for it, haha!