+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
yes i provided the updated bank statements. but given that the exchange rate was decreased in the period after submiting, the amount had went below the minumum. So they refused the application
anyways,you can appeal if you have updated statements....

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
did you send an updated statement with your pfl stating it was due to rate fluctuation?
No because the officer didnt give me the chance. He just recalculated the amount from the updated statement and said that it was below the minimum. He didnt give me any chance to respond. the application was refused and closed.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
What was the exchange rate at AOR vs the one the officer used? What was the amount in your calculation vs VO's calculation?

Jaimatadi

Jan 18, 2019
U can always reapply. Its sad to hear that.. dont loose hope.. just a small question brother was ur medical cleared?

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Usually when you receive a PFL. You only have one shot to repond. It is only in an ADR you can go back and forth. I believe this is why it got rejected rather than back and forth. Let us know if you find a mechanism to appeal.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
I got this from a whatsapp group:
if you got your application for Permanent Residence closed due to insufficient POF(as a result of exchange rate spike), do not fret and do not start allover. Instead raise a CSE with an LOE appealing for your application to be re-opened.
it appears instead of receiving an ADR for POF, some people get their application rejected due to the shortfall in POF caused by the disparity in exchange rate at the time of submission versus the time their app was looked into. Rather than speak up here or solicit for help and advice, they keep mute, licking their wounds. as much as we like to hear goodnews of PPR, you shouldnt shy away from bringing up PR rejection to the house, so folks in here could advise you.
I would like you all to know that yesterday, someone whose App was rejected due to a shortfall of 300 cad in his POF, after being advised by "Adegirl" to raise a CSE accompanied by an LOE which he did, got his app reopened within 48hrs by IRCC. below are screenshots to attest.

Reactions: besi002

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Hi guys,
I went through the whole process via express entry as a skilled worker but my permanent residence application was just refused. The reason was insufficient funds, because of a ridiculously small difference of CAD$ 200. Basically I had used a wrong exchange rate. I believe it is not fair because I should have been given at least a delay or a chance to respond.
Do you know if there is anything I can do? Is there an appeal process?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!
Wow that’s harsh and I’m really sorry... I’m not sure if trying to raise a CSE providing an updated POF and a letter of explanation stating you made a mistake with the exchange rate would do the trick but it definitely won’t hurt trying.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
This is really upsetting- refusing an application for 200 CAD. The visa officer must be one of the most ruthless or bigoted persons to walk this planet. Just do the workaround as suggested above, and let's hope all the best happens.

Sometimes life does throw curveballs like this at us, and we need to learn how to bake all this in. Be positive always !

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
if you got your application for Permanent Residence closed due to insufficient POF(as a result of exchange rate spike), do not fret and do not start allover. Instead raise a CSE with an LOE appealing for your application to be re-opened.
it appears instead of receiving an ADR for POF, some people get their application rejected due to the shortfall in POF caused by the disparity in exchange rate at the time of submission versus the time their app was looked into. Rather than speak up here or solicit for help and advice, they keep mute, licking their wounds. as much as we like to hear goodnews of PPR, you shouldnt shy away from bringing up PR rejection to the house, so folks in here could advise you.
I would like you all to know that yesterday, someone whose App was rejected due to a shortfall of 300 cad in his POF, after being advised by "Adegirl" to raise a CSE accompanied by an LOE which he did, got his app reopened within 48hrs by IRCC. below are screenshots to attest.
Is CSE done through the IRCC web form? And what is a LOE? Sorry but Im not familiar with the process. Thank you very much for your response!

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
You can try using imgbb.com to upload the photos

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I am so sorry to hear that, bro. You are in the pool again so just increase the funds by like $1000 to avoid this again.

Don't be disheartened. Stay strong

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
I disagree. It's probably the exchange rate. The new amount does not apply to him. It's sad though. I understand the need for strict compliance, but it is more efficient to give a chance to rectify, even if they make a note that POF should he checked upon entry.
Well, you are right in this case that it has been due to exchange rate. I mentioned due to POF changes because as per my observation CAD has weakened over the past few weeks so I ruled out exchange rate fluctuation. But also to add to your statements I have seen many cases when applications were refused due to POF changes ( one case was of my own friend and no procedural fairness letter was issued to him and he had to start all over again with new ITA.). So POF has to be met on the current requirements.