+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused

Jan 18, 2019
Pls besi002 for those of us who might fall in this predicament, what was the exchange rate used by the Visa Officer and what did you use as yours when you put in your application? Thank you.

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Pls besi002 for those of us who might fall in this predicament, what was the exchange rate used by the Visa Officer and what did you use as yours when you put in your application? Thank you.
I used XE exchange rate converter. The Visa Officer used the exchange rates from Bank of Canada.

Reactions: Jakev

nykares

Sep 12, 2018
It's well.
Please don't use any online converter. Preferably go to Currency Exchange bank in your country and request for present buying rate then provide allowance also.

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
I got this from a whatsapp group:
if you got your application for Permanent Residence closed due to insufficient POF(as a result of exchange rate spike), do not fret and do not start allover. Instead raise a CSE with an LOE appealing for your application to be re-opened.
it appears instead of receiving an ADR for POF, some people get their application rejected due to the shortfall in POF caused by the disparity in exchange rate at the time of submission versus the time their app was looked into. Rather than speak up here or solicit for help and advice, they keep mute, licking their wounds. as much as we like to hear goodnews of PPR, you shouldnt shy away from bringing up PR rejection to the house, so folks in here could advise you.
I would like you all to know that yesterday, someone whose App was rejected due to a shortfall of 300 cad in his POF, after being advised by "Adegirl" to raise a CSE accompanied by an LOE which he did, got his app reopened within 48hrs by IRCC. below are screenshots to attest.
Hi, thanks a lot for the info! Can you please give me an indication on how to raise a CSE with an LOE? What link should I use? I would really appreaciate it.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Reactions: besi002

davinder2385

Jan 23, 2019
yes i provided the updated bank statements. but given that the exchange rate was decreased in the period after submiting, the amount had went below the minumum. So they refused the application
Hello, i am in same boat. Short question:
Did you explicitly declare/mention in your AOR LOE that you had a loan as a guarantee?

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Hello, i am in same boat. Short question:
Did you explicitly declare/mention in your AOR LOE that you had a loan as a guarantee?
Yes I mentioned everything in detail. The problem was the insufficiency of funds, just a USD200 difference. The loan was another issue but they did not make a problem for that (when they calculated my funds they did not include it) because I explained that it was a mortgage backed up by a property in my name. They just sent the LOE back to the office that made the decision to reassess it and obviously they did not make any change to the decision. Now I applied again after adding the missing funds in my bank account and I think it should be ok this time, Im waiting for the application decision.

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019
Yes I mentioned everything in detail. The problem was the insufficiency of funds, just a USD200 difference. The loan was another issue but they did not make a problem for that (when they calculated my funds they did not include it) because I explained that it was a mortgage backed up by a property in my name. They just sent the LOE back to the office that made the decision to reassess it and obviously they did not make any change to the decision. Now I applied again after adding the missing funds in my bank account and I think it should be ok this time, Im waiting for the application decision.
Any update on your application?

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019
Yes I got the procedural fairness letter. It required further documents regarding the funds. I provided them and 2 weeks after that I got the rejection, basically because the funds were about CAD$200 below the minimum. Tbh the refusal letter seemed really tendecious, and I think it was because during the process I corrected a mistake the officer made in reading the docs. If you know anything about the existence of an appeal process please let me know.
Did you add more funds or showed the same statement?

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Did you add more funds or showed the same statement?
Obviously I added more funds in order to be sure that whatever the exchange rate my funds would always be over the minimum limit. And after adding more funds I obtained an updated statement. There was no problem at all in the second application.

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019
yes i provided the updated bank statements. but given that the exchange rate was decreased in the period after submiting, the amount had went below the minumum. So they refused the application
So basically what happened with us is more or less the same, we submitted a bank statement in March 2019 which covered enough funds for me and my husband even at the current exchange rate(OCT 2019) but we had a daughter during the process and now if you look at the previous balance which was shown in March 2019 isnt enough to cover all three of us ( we submitted updated bank statement and LOE after her birth). We added more funds when she was born and uptil now we kept adding more to make sure we meet with the exchange rate difference. However, we received PFL yesterday saying that we might not have enough funds at our disposal and require to provide our bank statement covering the transactions from 10th March 2019 to 10th Oct 2019 (date of the letter). Can you please recommend after your experience that 1) should we submit any additional documents other than letter of explanation and updated bank statements of my Husband's who is the primary applicant (which have more than minimum requirement funds for all three of us)?
2) How did you submit the additional documents as there is nothing mentioned on the application?
Thank you so much and apologies for the long post!

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
So basically what happened with us is more or less the same, we submitted a bank statement in March 2019 which covered enough funds for me and my husband even at the current exchange rate(OCT 2019) but we had a daughter during the process and now if you look at the previous balance which was shown in March 2019 isnt enough to cover all three of us ( we submitted updated bank statement and LOE after her birth). We added more funds when she was born and uptil now we kept adding more to make sure we meet with the exchange rate difference. However, we received PFL yesterday saying that we might not have enough funds at our disposal and require to provide our bank statement covering the transactions from 10th March 2019 to 10th Oct 2019 (date of the letter). Can you please recommend after your experience that 1) should we submit any additional documents other than letter of explanation and updated bank statements of my Husband's who is the primary applicant (which have more than minimum requirement funds for all three of us)?
2) How did you submit the additional documents as there is nothing mentioned on the application?
Thank you so much and apologies for the long post!
No worries, I was at the same boat this year. I submitted the documents through the online system as they sent me a PFL and there is an option to upload other files where you uploaded in the first time. They refused that application because the funds werent enough. If you have the funds you dont have to worry, my problem was that my funds were below the minimum. I suggest to provide exactly what the PFL asks and be careful because they will have to decide based on what you send this time, they cannot send another PFL. Did they give any reason on why they are not sure about the funds? If they didnt mention a specific reason then it is just because the last statement is outdated and they need an updated one. In my case they mentioned my loans, so I provided an official certificate from the Central Bank to prove that I have no other loans outstanding. You could add this document as well just to be sure. But if they only requested an updated bank statements then you dont have to worry.

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019
This is what we got in PFL. What do you think? Should we just send them the new bank statements?

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have reviewed the documentation you have provided and I am not satisfied that you have the required level of transferable and available funds as per subsection 76(1) (b). I have concerns that you may not have at your disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and with the ability to transfer the assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support your establishment in Canada.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Before I make a final decision, please submit:
Your recent bank statements from XXX and XXX including transactions from 10MARCH2019 until the date of this letter (10OCTOBER2019).

The onus is on you to submit the required documents mentioned above. As such you will have 7 days from the date of this letter to comply. If you do not comply and/or if the required documents are incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
This is what we got in PFL. What do you think? Should we just send them the new bank statements?

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have reviewed the documentation you have provided and I am not satisfied that you have the required level of transferable and available funds as per subsection 76(1) (b). I have concerns that you may not have at your disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and with the ability to transfer the assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support your establishment in Canada.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Before I make a final decision, please submit:
Your recent bank statements from XXX and XXX including transactions from 10MARCH2019 until the date of this letter (10OCTOBER2019).

The onus is on you to submit the required documents mentioned above. As such you will have 7 days from the date of this letter to comply. If you do not comply and/or if the required documents are incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Yes it seems like that is the only thing to do. Just to be sure you could go to the bank and get some kind of certificate or confirmation letter that you can withdraw all the funds without any problem. And explain the situation in detail. I dont think you could do more. Sometimes it depends on the visa officer. In any case just keep in mind that my first application was refused, then I applied again immediately, got accepted and now I finally got the permanent residence card. So dont worry and be patient, it`s a long process but totally worth it. Good luck!

Reactions: ireosime2002