+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Hi guys,
I went through the whole process via express entry as a skilled worker but my permanent residence application was just refused. The reason was insufficient funds, because of a ridiculously small difference of CAD$ 200. Basically I had used a wrong exchange rate. I believe it is not fair because I should have been given at least a delay or a chance to respond.
Do you know if there is anything I can do? Is there an appeal process?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi guys,
I went through the whole process via express entry as a skilled worker but my permanent residence application was just refused. The reason was insufficient funds, because of a ridiculously small difference of CAD$ 200. Basically I had used a wrong exchange rate. I believe it is not fair because I should have been given at least a delay or a chance to respond.

Hi,

Its sad to hear about your case. I believe it happened due to yesterday’s increase in Proof of Funds requirement. It is always said that you should entrr pod amount always a little higher when you expect that your application will go into another calendar year. The reason is due to economical changes the pof requirement is always changed every year.

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,

Its sad to hear about your case. I believe it happened due to yesterday’s increase in Proof of Funds requirement. It is always said that you should entrr pod amount always a little higher when you expect that your application will go into another calendar year. The reason is due to economical changes the pof requirement is always changed every year.
Hey thanks! I understand but given the case they should at least give a few days delay or a chance to respond, it doesnt seem fair at all. And also the officer of this case made a mistake in reading the documents in the first time. I corrected him and maybe he retaliated about that, i actually read some similar cases. Do you know if there is an appeal process?

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
you should have gotten a procedural fairness letter...You sure its because of POF?

Last edited:

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,

I disagree. It's probably the exchange rate. The new amount does not apply to him. It's sad though. I understand the need for strict compliance, but it is more efficient to give a chance to rectify, even if they make a note that POF should he checked upon entry.

Reactions: besi002 and scylla

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
you should have gotten a procedural fairness letter...You sure its because of POF?
Yes I got the procedural fairness letter. It required further documents regarding the funds. I provided them and 2 weeks after that I got the rejection, basically because the funds were about CAD$200 below the minimum. Tbh the refusal letter seemed really tendecious, and I think it was because during the process I corrected a mistake the officer made in reading the docs. If you know anything about the existence of an appeal process please let me know.

prashvirus

Sep 15, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Sept 17 2018
Med's Done....
Oct 11 2018
Passport Req..
Mar 26 2019
Hi guys,

please, can you show us the mail you got for rejection??

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
Yes I got the procedural fairness letter. It required further documents regarding the funds. I provided them and 2 weeks after that I got the rejection, basically because the funds were about CAD$200 below the minimum. Tbh the refusal letter seemed really tendecious, and I think it was because during the process I corrected a mistake the officer made in reading the docs. If you know anything about the existence of an appeal process please let me know.
Well,what was your explanation regards the funds?...Did you send an updated bank statement?..Did you use a gift deed or was there a bulk deposit in your account?

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Hi guys,

I am sorry to hear about your rejection. Were your funds below the minimum amount at the AOR or was it because of the unfavourable movement in the exchange rate?

Did you have any buffer amount at your AOR date?

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
please, can you show us the mail you got for rejection??
It was a pdf letter. The most relevant sentence was quote: "You have the equivalent of CAD$ 12.037 based on the Bank of Canada`s most recent exchange rates. This is below the minimum settlement funds. As such, you do not meet the selection criteria and your application is refused."

I dont know if I have to laugh or cry about this. It`s ridiculous. It was because since the date when I submitted the documents the exhange rate had decreased significantly.

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
It was a pdf letter. The most relevant sentence was quote: "You have the equivalent of CAD$ 12.037 based on the Bank of Canada`s most recent exchange rates. This is below the minimum settlement funds. As such, you do not meet the selection criteria and your application is refused."

I dont know if I have to laugh or cry about this. It`s ridiculous. It was because since the date when I submitted the documents the exhange rate had decreased significantly.
did you send an updated statement with your pfl stating it was due to rate fluctuation?

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
I am sorry to hear about your rejection. Were your funds below the minimum amount at the AOR or was it because of the unfavourable movement in the exchange rate?

Did you have any buffer amount at your AOR date?
At the AOR they were above the minimun required, but I had a loan as a gurantee. So they send the procedural fairness letter to let me know, I closed the loan, but after that the officer recalculated the amount using the last exchange rate and the amount had moved below the minimum. So the application was refused.

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Well,what was your explanation regards the funds?...Did you send an updated bank statement?..Did you use a gift deed or was there a bulk deposit in your account?
yes i provided the updated bank statements. but given that the exchange rate was decreased in the period after submiting, the amount had went below the minumum. So they refused the application

Reactions: rain2020