+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Student visa

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Hi

I need your help on the following:

I graduated with BS Biology degree and is currently working in an insurance company in Singapore (customer Service). I am interested in studying Medical Laboratory Assistant in Manitoba so that I can finally fulfill my dream of working in a health institution.

My questions:
1. My degree and my present work are not related to each other. Would you be able to advise whether there is a chance of getting my visa approved?

2. I already have a degree, do you think I should look for a diploma course instead?

3. My cousin is already in Canada and he applied for student visa after his arrival. Is it better to do that instead?

JO@YC

May 16, 2016
beibietoi said:
Hi

I graduated with BS Biology degree and is currently working in an insurance company in Singapore (customer Service). I am interested in studying Medical Laboratory Assistant in Manitoba so that I can finally fulfill my dream of working in a health institution.

My questions:
1. My degree and my present work are not related to each other. Would you be able to advise whether there is a chance of getting my visa approved?

2. I already have a degree, do you think I should look for a diploma course instead?

3. My cousin is already in Canada and he applied for student visa after his arrival. Is it better to do that instead?
Hi
You want to apply for a study permit, right? If your answer is yes to these questions, then I think you can go ahead and apply, then hope for a positive decision.
1. Do you have an offer of admission into any institution (University or College)?
2. Is the 'value' of the degree you intend to pursue higher than what you already have?
3. Do you have enough fund for your studies?

I hope this helps.

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Hi Joy@YC

Salamat po sa reply. To answer your question:
1. I don't have offer of admission yet. I'm still on the planning stage.
2.. I'm not sure if it is of a "higher value". But do you suggest that I should take Masteral instead to get higher chance of approval?
3. Yes I do. Is 20k CAD ENOUGH?

GDeep cheema

May 21, 2016
beibietoi said:
Hi

My questions:

JO@YC

May 16, 2016
beibietoi said:
Hi Joy@YC

Salamat po sa reply. To answer your question:
1. I don't have offer of admission yet. I'm still on the planning stage.
2.. I'm not sure if it is of a "higher value". But do you suggest that I should take Masteral instead to get higher chance of approval?
3. Yes I do. Is 20k CAD ENOUGH?
Hi
You have to get an offer of admission first and I would suggest you go for a master's degree though a post-graduate diploma is also good enough. As for the fund, if after deducting your tuition and your flight fare you still have up to $12,000 per annum (for the duration of your studies), then I think its good enough. In any case, I wish you well.

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Hi JOY@YC

Thank you. That's what I'm going to do. Try to get the letter of admission first then apply.
Thank you so much for your reply.