+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

Osasume

Feb 19, 2020
Congrats to everyone who have gotten ppr,May the land Favour you.please I’ll be going for medicals with my son who is 9 and is autistic, I told the neurologist to give us a report, and he is asking for a Canadian standard format, please I’ll be glad if anyone can help.

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
Congrats to everyone who have gotten ppr,May the land Favour you.please I’ll be going for medicals with my son who is 9 and is autistic, I told the neurologist to give us a report, and he is asking for a Canadian standard format, please I’ll be glad if anyone can help.
Hi Osasume,
If it is a remedical, you won't need another report from his neurologist. However, if its the first, then you do. But there's no "IRCC format" per se, just get a report stating the diagnosis and any comorbid condition if there is, or if he's on medication. I'll be glad to share mine, if you can drop your WhatsApp number or Facebook id

Last edited:

Osasume

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Osasume,
If it is a remedical, you won't need another report from his neurologist. However, if its the first, then you do. But there's no "IRCC format" per se, just get a report stating the diagnosis and any comorbid condition if there is, or if he's on medication. I'll be glad to share mine, if you can drop your WhatsApp number or Facebook id
Hi Osasume,
hello Jenny, this is my whatsup no:08030975404. Thanks so much

umizhd

Feb 12, 2022
hello guys, i wanna share my timeline and ask a question, if someone reply it will be really helpfull.

PNP-Outland with 3 Dependants
AR- 23 Feb 2021
AOR- 11 Feb 2022
ADR- 11 Feb 2022 (new passport copies of 2 kids and wife schedule A form)
PAL- 10 March 2022
MR- 20 April 2022
MD- 03 May 2022
MP- 11 May 2022

i have my elder daughter 6Y diagnosed with Autism and when we did our medical i submitted her Neurological Report also and Physician did ask us Daily Routine Questions , on my GCKEY account it says
Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 11, 2022:You passed the medical exam.

and ecas says :Medical results have been received.

can anybody please tell if the medical is passed for all the dependants or just me as main applicant??

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
hello guys, i wanna share my timeline and ask a question, if someone reply it will be really helpfull.

PNP-Outland with 3 Dependants
AR- 23 Feb 2021
AOR- 11 Feb 2022
ADR- 11 Feb 2022 (new passport copies of 2 kids and wife schedule A form)
PAL- 10 March 2022
MR- 20 April 2022
MD- 03 May 2022
MP- 11 May 2022

i have my elder daughter 6Y diagnosed with Autism and when we did our medical i submitted her Neurological Report also and Physician did ask us Daily Routine Questions , on my GCKEY account it says
Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 11, 2022:You passed the medical exam.

and ecas says :Medical results have been received.

can anybody please tell if the medical is passed for all the dependants or just me as main applicant??
Medicals is passed for all dependants. Congrats

Reactions: umizhd

RosanPandey

Jul 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
Thank you very much for providing your valuable information on this forum.
I have a similar case. Me and my wife are currently in Australia as temporary resident. We left our son with grandparents when he was 6 months old. Because of border closed for 2 years due to pandamic we were unable to bring him here. Now we got him diagnosed with "mild to moderate" autism. And Australian immigration policy toward autism is quite strict, there is good chance that we will get deported after our visa ends. There is no hope of PR here. I started searching for alternatives and found that Canada welcomes immigrants with autistic child. I qualify for express entry since I'm working in skilled occupation as civil engineer. My doubts is either to apply for PR directly or seek temporary working visa ? What are the chances for me to get visa to Canada ? Thank you all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
Thank you very much for providing your valuable information on this forum.
I have a similar case. Me and my wife are currently in Australia as temporary resident. We left our son with grandparents when he was 6 months old. Because of border closed for 2 years due to pandamic we were unable to bring him here. Now we got him diagnosed with "mild to moderate" autism. And Australian immigration policy toward autism is quite strict, there is good chance that we will get deported after our visa ends. There is no hope of PR here. I started searching for alternatives and found that Canada welcomes immigrants with autistic child. I qualify for express entry since I'm working in skilled occupation as civil engineer. My doubts is either to apply for PR directly or seek temporary working visa ? What are the chances for me to get visa to Canada ? Thank you all.
Qualifying for EE with at least 67 eligibility points based on your IELTS, ECAs, age and work experience doesn’t guarantee PR. Have you researched Express Entry to see what documents are required and what your CRS score is? Having a child on the spectrum doesn’t mean you will be refused but you need to be invited first. For a temporary work visa, you need an employer a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job. You also are in a licensed profession.

RosanPandey

Jul 16, 2022
Qualifying for EE with at least 67 eligibility points based on your IELTS, ECAs, age and work experience doesn’t guarantee PR. Have you researched Express Entry to see what documents are required and what your CRS score is? Having a child on the spectrum doesn’t mean you will be refused but you need to be invited first. For a temporary work visa, you need an employer a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job. You also are in a licensed profession.
Hi Naturgrl, Thank you for the response,
CRS calculator shows 423 CRS. Yes, I checked the documents required. How should I proceed further ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl, Thank you for the response,
CRS calculator shows 423 CRS. Yes, I checked the documents required. How should I proceed further ?
If you have ECAs and IELTS then you can submit a profile. Your score is too low for EE. Last draw was 550 but will go down over the next year but you want around 470. You need to research Provincial Nomination Programs to see which program (if any) you are eligible for. Or get a job offer and LMIA and then apply for a closed work permit.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone, my son was diagnosed ASD- speech communication delay he is now 6 yrs old and i start to apply for PR ( RNIP PROGRAM) now i need some advise who already apply with the same program, in SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND FORM there's a question written " if any of of your family members has mental disorder? should i put yes and put the details.
Thank you in advance.
I am not a medical expert... but I think what you discribed is a medical issue not mental disorder...
You should put down the medical issue whereever it's appropriate.

Rafa84

Aug 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Glad i found this thread.
I am in the same situation, medical done for all the family on July 28th 2022 including my 6 years old son who was diagnosed with sever autism here in Montreal in March 2020.He is verbal, has a great memory, uses 3 languages, he goes to a special education school as he struggles a lot with the social interactions and eating (he refuse almost all textures and drink mostly milk in formula)
we've done many checks since we used to live in Prague : Epilepsy checks, hearing, vision and everything was good.
We gave the psychologist evaluation done in Montreal, all the previous checks and school reports as he is going to this school for two years.
My Stats:
PR Application : September 5th, 2021 (Quebec Skilled Worker via Quebec Experience)
AR : June 27th 2022
Medical Invitation : July 22, 2022
Medical Done :July 28th, 2022
Waiting for medical approval...

Hope all goes well.
Good luck for everyone