+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

Ryz22

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
There is policy in place that you use old Medicals. Do we need to take medicals again in case of autism how does that work

sdsjolly

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
NEW DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
My 3-year-old Kid's medicals were done in January 2022 for a visitor visa application. However, it got refused by IRCC. Later in March 2022, he was diagnosed with Mild Autism. We had done evaluation and diagnosis through a private Autism therapy clinic and also through a reputed hospital in my native place. Both of them have confirmed mild autism symptoms and the child is getting behavioural and occupational therapies. We have reapplied for his visa in October 2022 and received approval in November 2022. Since his medicals are expiring, we plan to do re-medicals for him. My questions are

1. Do they fail medicals if the kid is having Autism symptoms?
  2. Does the hospital ask for diagnosis and treatment reports as a criterion for passing the medicals?
  3. Any other care should be taken while giving medicals for such cases?
  4. How are therapies given to kids in Canada? Could anyone who is aware let me know the process?
1.They can never fail on this basis.
2.Yes they can ask for all the reports.
3.Nothing much..if your kid is able to talk for say few words like his name or papa or mummy..he should be fine..you can say to doc that he has delayed speech..
4.Have no idea about it(will surely let you know,give me your email id or contact number)

Reactions: sudheer.167

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
1.They can never fail on this basis.
2.Yes they can ask for all the reports.
3.Nothing much..if your kid is able to talk for say few words like his name or papa or mummy..he should be fine..you can say to doc that he has delayed speech..
4.Have no idea about it(will surely let you know,give me your email id or contact number)
Thank you for the response. Have DM'ed you my email id.

Donut888

Jun 7, 2021
Reactions: YVR123

priyakk

Apr 5, 2023
Can anyone add me to the WhatsApp group. I filed pr on nov 2022. Re medical done on March 2023 but no updates

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi, surely I feel your worries. After 3.5 months waiting, “Medical Results have been received “ was finally updated on ECAS today! I think it means our medicals were passed. ( I didn’t link my application with GC Key, so I can only see update on ECAS). I think IRCC simply takes longer processing time for review and approval of our medical results. I hope this helps. Good luck!
all stages are completed except for my daughter's medical that still in progress. I am guessing her file was transfer to CMAU for review. My agent assure me it will be fine since the threshold for excess demand is high but I am still worried. How long does it take for them to review the medical? does anyone have an idea?

Donut888

Jun 7, 2021
Hi, we waited for 4 months before we were able to proceed to next stage. We got approval at the end. So, it’s a waiting game. Hang in there !

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi, we waited for 4 months before we were able to proceed to next stage. We got approval at the end. So, it’s a waiting game. Hang in there !
Hopefully, Our tracker shows all stages are completed but only hers is in progress. Hopefully we will get it sooner.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hi, our PR application has been completed in May of this year, but IRCC is saying we need to wait a bit more to get PR. Autism is not an issue in one's application. They are taking very good care of my son here. He goes to a fantastic special education school. We have daily communication with the teachers, principal, and vice principal. We also receive reports and go on regular meetings about his progress.