+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

sonu_yasir

Oct 2, 2021
Hi people,
  1. SINP, OID program family with 5 members (myself + wife + 3 children).
  2. IME (Immigration Medical Examination) my 3 year old was diagnosed with development delay but not Autism. IME done a week ago.
  3. She was prescribed Speech therapy and Occupational therapy, we submitted the report to the panel doctor
Will this delay the process as many applicants are getting PPR within a month after medical tests?
or will it make me and my family ineligible on medical grounds?
I am anxious, do anyone have any information on this?

Rafa84

Aug 16, 2019
Congrats! I still got nothing updated on ECAS! Thanks for sharing the good news!
No worries it will be good.
Forgot to mention that i had to take my son with autism back to the doctor last friday and she did a quick test by asking him couple of questions about objects and things around.
On 6 questions he answered only one, she updated the file and submitted the updates to IRCC.
Today medical approved, so i am sure it's gonna be good for all of you guys
Fingers crossed

Reactions: Donut888

Rafa84

Aug 16, 2019
Congrats! I still got nothing updated on ECAS! Thanks for sharing the good news!
Hi, hope you are doing well!
Did you get updates?
On my side got both emails after the medical approval and uploaded our photos for the card, waiting now for the final eCOPR email.
Best of luck

Donut888

Jun 7, 2021
Hi, hope you are doing well!
Did you get updates?
On my side got both emails after the medical approval and uploaded our photos for the card, waiting now for the final eCOPR email.
Best of luck
Congrats! That’s great news!!!
For us, we still got nothing updated on ECAS… not sure if non express PNP takes longer to process .. .. ☹

christopvall

Nov 2, 2022
Hello Guys! Any answers/opinions are welcome. I just want to know if applying for an express entry in Canada would hinder our application since our child has ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). He is 12 years old, non-verbal. Having speech and behavioral therapy here in the Philippines.

Thank you for your answers!

gaonkar.roshan

Jun 20, 2020
Hello Guys! Any answers/opinions are welcome. I just want to know if applying for an express entry in Canada would hinder our application since our child has ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). He is 12 years old, non-verbal. Having speech and behavioral therapy here in the Philippines.

Hi,

Based on my experience and previous replies to similar queries in this forum, CIC is not denying PR basis dependent with Autism. Medical approvals may get delayed, may ask for additional documents (studies, health related) for dependent with Autism. And if you are lucky then, it may get process swiftly without any delay.

Hope this answers your queries..

All the very best

Regards

christopvall

Nov 2, 2022
Hi,

Based on my experience and previous replies to similar queries in this forum, CIC is not denying PR basis dependent with Autism. Medical approvals may get delayed, may ask for additional documents (studies, health related) for dependent with Autism. And if you are lucky then, it may get process swiftly without any delay.

Hope this answers your queries..

All the very best

Regards
Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate that. Now we are seeing the greener pasture.

Donut888

Jun 7, 2021

Hi, surely I feel your worries. After 3.5 months waiting, “Medical Results have been received “ was finally updated on ECAS today! I think it means our medicals were passed. ( I didn’t link my application with GC Key, so I can only see update on ECAS). I think IRCC simply takes longer processing time for review and approval of our medical results. I hope this helps. Good luck!

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Hi Everyone,
My 3-year-old Kid's medicals were done in January 2022 for a visitor visa application. However, it got refused by IRCC. Later in March 2022, he was diagnosed with Mild Autism. We had done evaluation and diagnosis through a private Autism therapy clinic and also through a reputed hospital in my native place. Both of them have confirmed mild autism symptoms and the child is getting behavioural and occupational therapies. We have reapplied for his visa in October 2022 and received approval in November 2022. Since his medicals are expiring, we plan to do re-medicals for him. My questions are

1. Do they fail medicals if the kid is having Autism symptoms?
  2. Does the hospital ask for diagnosis and treatment reports as a criterion for passing the medicals?
  3. Any other care should be taken while giving medicals for such cases?
  4. How are therapies given to kids in Canada? Could anyone who is aware let me know the process?