+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

takemein

Nov 3, 2021
Hi,
Thank you all for this valuable information.
what about the hotels after landing, should I include them in the Address history? I spent a couple of weeks in hotels till I found an apartment.

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys,
I will sign My application on November 7th which is my application date, is it okay if I send it that day?

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

Have a question in regards to Passport copies submission.
Do i have to only give pages which has Biographical info, or all the pages (not sure if they want to check the stamps).

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi Guys,

Do i have to only give pages which has Biographical info, or all the pages (not sure if they want to check the stamps).
If it's a paper application that you are submitting - You need to send them each and every page of the passport. Just go by the numbering on the pages on the passport and submit every page, including all biographical and stamped pages. You must do this for all the passports that you've had during the 5 year eligibility period.

And if you're sending the passport pages as identity proof as well, you must send two separate sets of the passport pages - the first would include all (each and every) pages of the passport. The second set for identity proof, would include only the biographical pages.

Last edited:

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi guys,
I will sign My application on November 7th which is my application date, is it okay if I send it that day?
Yes, you could send it the same day, or even send it later. Just make sure the application package reaches them(or is submitted to them, if its online) within 90 days of you signing it.

Post dating the application form, for example, means - I fill out the date on the application form, as 10th Nov, but actually send it out on the 8th or the 9th of Nov. Which would be the incorrect way of doing it.

However sending it out on the same day as signing it, is perfectly alright.

Reactions: Mah11

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
You need to send them each and every page of the passport. Just go by the numbering on the pages on the passport and submit every page, including all biographical and stamped pages. You must do this for all the passports that you've had during the 5 year eligibility period.

And if you're sending the passport pages as identity proof as well, you must send two separate sets of the passport pages - the first would include all (each and every) pages of the passport. The second set for identity proof, would include only the biographical pages.
Thanks for the quick response.
So i need to send all 50 pager booklet...even if they are blank.
are 2 sets necessary, (incase one is ID)

Also, can you please help me with one more imp issue i am facing...
My Passport was expiring on 01dec2021, so i got it renewed on 08may2021...
So, while filling in details what should i fill the expiry date of 1st passport, will it be 01Dec2021 or will it be the 08May2021 (issue date of second passport)...

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Thanks for the quick response.
So i need to send all 50 pager booklet...even if they are blank.
are 2 sets necessary, (incase one is ID)

Also, can you please help me with one more imp issue i am facing...
My Passport was expiring on 01dec2021, so i got it renewed on 08may2021...
So, while filling in details what should i fill the expiry date of 1st passport, will it be 01Dec2021 or will it be the 08May2021 (issue date of second passport)...
Yes, for the paper application it's compulsory that you send every page of the passport, even if they are blank - I, for example scanned my passport cover to cover and arranged in the numbered order and submitted the print outs.
2 sets are required(and is also the proper way), if you're also submitting the passport as identity proof.

You must stick to the documented facts, to fill out the form. So in the case you've mentioned; use the expiry date from your old passport - 1st Dec 2021 and fill it in for that fields provided for passport details. And then fill in the details for the new passport with the documented issue date for that passport - 8th May and its expiry date as well.

You do not need to provide any explanation there, since there is no gap between the two passports.

For example - a person could have multiple passports concurrently - if they have multiple citizenships for example. So the overlap of passports validity is quite alright, in any case scenario. But the important thing is that in case there is a gap - one would need to provide an explanation in the space provided on the application form.

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yes, for the paper application it's compulsory that you send every page of the passport, even if they are blank - I, for example scanned my passport cover to cover and arranged in the numbered order and submitted the print outs.
2 sets are required(and is also the proper way), if you're also submitting the passport as identity proof.

You must stick to the documented facts, to fill out the form. So in the case you've mentioned; use the expiry date from your old passport - 1st Dec 2021 and fill it in for that fields provided for passport details. And then fill in the details for the new passport with the documented issue date for that passport - 8th May and its expiry date as well.

You do not need to provide any explanation there, since there is no gap between the two passports.

For example - a person could have multiple passports concurrently - if they have multiple citizenships for example. So the overlap of passports validity is quite alright, in any case scenario. But the important thing is that in case there is a gap - one would need to provide an explanation in the space provided on the application form.
making the changes now. thank you

Reactions: Rutherfords

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi everyone , I am gonna apply for Citizenship in December and from based what is requiered is that you have to have copies of all pages of all passports you had in last 5 years . The thing is that my country passport was expiered when it was returened to me by IRCC and my first Travel document I sent it back to IRCC when I applied for a new one . Should I explain that in the section 14 of the citizenship application ? someone from IRCC Travel document department said is not an issue if I sent the expiered RTD back to them.

Thank you in advance !

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf

A copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification

If using passport as identity proof, then only copy of bio-page is required.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf

A copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification

If using passport as identity proof, then only copy of bio-page is required.
His/her question was categorically about the document segment - 'Passport copies submission' and not about identity proof documents. In any case, my response covers both of the scenarios.

Last edited:

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Yes, you could send it the same day, or even send it later. Just make sure the application package reaches them(or is submitted to them, if its online) within 90 days of you signing it.

Post dating the application form, for example, means - I fill out the date on the application form, as 10th Nov, but actually send it out on the 8th or the 9th of Nov. Which would be the incorrect way of doing it.

However sending it out on the same day as signing it, is perfectly alright.
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Rutherfords

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hi,
Can you please help
I am filling in now calculator of physical presence.
As I will submit application on November 9th, its asking me to put in all Study and Work Permits starting from Nov 9th 2016.
What to do if I have 1 study permit which started Jan 22 2016 and completed on 2017?
SHould I enter "From January 22 2016 or From Nov 9th 2016?
Thank you