+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
All pages = All pages. Bio pages, empty pages, pages with stamps. Basically, ALL the pages in your passport. And make sure you get a certified translation for anything that isn't in English or French.
I’m assuming this requirement is no longer valid. The online form doesn’t state this requirement anywhere.

or am I getting this wrong?

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Just got AOR email.

Paper applicant
City : Toronto
App submitted : 26 july 2021
AOR email : 26 Oct 2021.

I do not see any attachment for file number.

Any idea why it say " Application was created on Sept 07,2021 ?

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on September 7, 2021 and is currently in progress.

Should I expect another email with application number ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I’m assuming this requirement is no longer valid. The online form doesn’t state this requirement anywhere.

or am I getting this wrong?
If you don't submit it with your online application, you'll be asked to submit it at a later point in time anyway. So, its up to you. Some online applicants choose to submit all pages of the passport in the "Other documents" section upfront so they don't have to submit it again at a later point in time. Passport pages request has become a standard for almost all applicants lately.

Reactions: canvisa001

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hello friends!

Does it still matter(it used to matter as per posts from 2015) if your 'Identification Id' - say Health Card, was only issued 3-4 months back?

My Health Card was lost recently and I had to get it reissued some 4 months back. Could this be a hindrance in any way?

I am planning on submitting my Health Card and PR Card.

Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello friends!

Does it still matter(it used to matter as per posts from 2015) if your 'Identification Id' - say Health Card, was only issued 3-4 months back?

My Health Card was lost recently and I had to get it reissued some 4 months back. Could this be a hindrance in any way?

I am planning on submitting my Health Card and PR Card.

Thank you!
Not an issue. You can submit your health card.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, does the invitation for test come in the mail or email? We have moved two months ago and while I tried changing my address a few times I still see my old address in my profile so I am afraid if they are sending me any notification by mail.
My ecas was Sep 22. Thanks!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@chente if you provided an email, and you certainly did, you'll receive it by email.
Also, the address changing process used to be quite slow, it took time to update. Seems like it's still the case...

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@chente if you provided an email, and you certainly did, you'll receive it by email.
Also, the address changing process used to be quite slow, it took time to update. Seems like it's still the case...
Thanks for this! Yes i did provide email and received updates once they received the application.
Thanks for the heads up, we are moving to our permanent place here in BC in a couple of weeks s I will probably request a change to the future address now

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Under my tracker, it's say In progress on language, background check, physical presence usually do they update from In progress to completed all at once or as and when they finished?

USDCAD

Nov 2, 2021
Hello All,
Could you guys please help me with the Physical Presence Calculator question?
I moved to Canada as PR from US on 1st Oct 2018 and living here since then except went to India for a 10 days visit. I will be applying for citizenship on 15 Nov 2021. As the physical calculator need details for last 5 years what should I put before 1st oct2018? I landed as PR on 1st oct only and before that I was in US on temp. visa.

Thank you.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello All,
Could you guys please help me with the Physical Presence Calculator question?
I moved to Canada as PR from US on 1st Oct 2018 and living here since then except went to India for a 10 days visit. I will be applying for citizenship on 15 Nov 2021. As the physical calculator need details for last 5 years what should I put before 1st oct2018? I landed as PR on 1st oct only and before that I was in US on temp. visa.

Thank you.
If you did not live in Canada prior to becoming (landing as) PR in Canada, you have to just list details of your India trip.

Last edited:

ecko199x

Apr 15, 2020
I got my PR a year ago, I applied through EE under CEC. Today, after talking to one of my co-workers, I found out that I worked unauthorized for around one month before applying for PGWP. ( i been staying with the same company for a few years at that moment so they decided to give me a promotion right after my graduation)

I mentioned my employment period during my PGWP (did not tick "no" for unauthorized work box). I submitted all my T4 throughout the PR process as well.

I am closer to the citizenship application so I have been wondering whether I should write an LOE about that one-month unauthorized work to come clean?

Hope to hear from you guys,

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I got my PR a year ago, I applied through EE under CEC. Today, after talking to one of my co-workers, I found out that I worked unauthorized for around one month before applying for PGWP. ( i been staying with the same company for a few years at that moment so they decided to give me a promotion right after my graduation)

I mentioned my employment period during my PGWP (did not tick "no" for unauthorized work box). I submitted all my T4 throughout the PR process as well.

I am closer to the citizenship application so I have been wondering whether I should write an LOE about that one-month unauthorized work to come clean?

Hope to hear from you guys,
Consult a lawyer, unless your friend is an immigration lawyer/consultant. He might be giving you the wrong information.