+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

itisha1

Oct 18, 2021
Hello there,
I would appreciate if someone could let me know what I need to fill for the question regarding whether one has filled the taxes or not ( the Yes/NO question for the last 5 years) if I am a homemaker and are not gainfully employed.

Thanks

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,
I would appreciate if someone could let me know what I need to fill for the question regarding whether one has filled the taxes or not ( the Yes/NO question for the last 5 years) if I am a homemaker and are not gainfully employed.

Thanks
Hello, did you file for 0 returns in the past 3-5 years even if you were not gainfully employed?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CRA allows you to file backdated taxes going back 10 years, please speak with an accountant to backfile your taxes from the year you landed in Canada.

Also there are other benefits for filing taxes even if you have 0 income like GST/HST credit, Ontario Trillium benefit etc.

Good luck.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Question 5 Have you ever used any other name?

When I was a child I had another surname (long story) and then it was changed to the surname I have today. I declared it during my PR application.
Should I declare it now? It was a very long time ago TBH.

Another question about surname. Back home in state office I have my married name. But in Canada all my documents are in my maiden name ( I don't intend to change it in Canada). I guess I can apply with my maiden name if i want to right? Should I declare my married name that exist in the state office back home?

I hope I was clear enough for someone to get an answer.

Thank you so much

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
in physical presence calculator, do I need to mention the trips outside Canada before becoming PR? Please advise.
@rajkamalmohanram
Yes if it is within the eligibility period...
e.g. if you were on a study permit, work permit etc before becoming PR and these dates were within the eligibility period and you travelled outside the country then you should include

Reactions: immigration2939

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,
Need help on Online Physical calculator.

First snapshot- -
While filling online dates on Physical calculator website, it gives results --

Your eligibility period is 2016-10-21 to 2021-10-20, you will need this for your application form.
Permanent residence date2018-04-11Application date2021-10-21

But

When i am filling the same date on the application form its not giving me 2016-10-20 to 2021-10-20, which differs by a day...
Can anyone explain how to correct it on the actual form...

thanks in advance

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Question 5 Have you ever used any other name?

When I was a child I had another surname (long story) and then it was changed to the surname I have today. I declared it during my PR application.
Should I declare it now? It was a very long time ago TBH.

Another question about surname. Back home in state office I have my married name. But in Canada all my documents are in my maiden name ( I don't intend to change it in Canada). I guess I can apply with my maiden name if i want to right? Should I declare my married name that exist in the state office back home?

I hope I was clear enough for someone to get an answer.

Thank you so much
Well, yeah, declare ALL the names you've used in the past in the corresponding section. That unclude surnames you no longer use or married name. If IRCC asks for it, just do it blindly and move on to the next question.

And you can obviously apply with your maiden name.

Reactions: vjosi

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys,
Need help on Online Physical calculator.

First snapshot- -
While filling online dates on Physical calculator website, it gives results --

Your eligibility period is 2016-10-21 to 2021-10-20, you will need this for your application form.
Permanent residence date2018-04-11Application date2021-10-21

But

When i am filling the same date on the application form its not giving me 2016-10-20 to 2021-10-20, which differs by a day...
Can anyone explain how to correct it on the actual form...

thanks in advance
That's a known bug in the application form. There's nothing you can do about it. Just let it be, IRCC will correct it at some point. That won't be a problem for whoever has enough days anyway (and a healthy buffer...)

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
That's a known bug in the application form. There's nothing you can do about it. Just let it be, IRCC will correct it at some point. That won't be a problem for whoever has enough days anyway (and a healthy buffer...)
thanks for your reply.
so you are saying they wont cancel/return my application coz of this error...has it happened with you ?

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Well, yeah, declare ALL the names you've used in the past in the corresponding section. That unclude surnames you no longer use or married name. If IRCC asks for it, just do it blindly and move on to the next question.

And you can obviously apply with your maiden name.
Thanks

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I had the same issue when I submitted my app. Everyone using the new form are facing the same issue. Given that the start date is generated automatically, no solution has been found for it yet, because we can’t change the default setting of the form. We’re not even sure whether it’s an intentional default setting, or it’s just a simple bug! No update from IRCC either. Needless to say, all people are sending their applications with this particular issue and all will be fine. It’s an issue for all applicants.

If you’re a picky person like me, you can write an explanation letter to ease your mind. That’s what I did. However, I believe as this issue is for everyone, we all will be totally fine.
Hi,

Sorry asking on old post.
I am facing the same issue. what can i do..please help

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Everyone.

Has anyone Noticed the Eligibility period does auto populate when u enter the "To" Date (9a) in the application form.

Example I put Application Date on Online Presence Calculator as 2021-05-04. The Eligibility date I get is 2016-05-04 to 2021-05-03.

Now when I put 2021-05-03 "To" Date (9a) in the application form the from date is auto populated as 2016-05-03. Now in the form I have a different eligibility period which is 1 day less from the online calculator 2016-05-03 to 2021-05-03. There is now way we can edit the from date on the from as its auto populated by a formula.

Please advise if anyone has noticed this and if this is a big.
Hi,

If you dont mind me asking, what did you do as a work around.
I am in the same situation...
please guide.