Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
I had been using my work laptop all this while, so I guess there are some kinds of restrictions I dont know about. However, when I switched to my personal laptop, I was able to validate without any issues. Thanks a lot for patiently replying to my posts @alex the king and @engray
CONGRATS, Wish you good luck :)

zno

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, İ filled the citizenship application form and validated too. But it did not give me barcodes, only blank pages with a few words. When i checked the ircc help page i saw mac users are facing problems and they recommend to use older version of Acrobat. İ downloaded an older version to my old mac and opened the file there it showed me the barcodes but almost all the fields were in red boxes. So İ couldnt be sure if these barcodes are valif.Do you know any way to check if these barcodes are correct? Has any of you used barcode scanner programs to check barcodes?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question. After i apply citizenship, is it ok if i am out of country? I am planning to go to my back home for 5-6 months after i apply

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question. After i apply citizenship, is it ok if i am out of country? I am planning to go to my back home for 5-6 months after i apply
Yes you can leave the country but remember, you will still have to meet the residency obligations up until the time you take oath (The "2 out of 5 years" obligation). Also, you can take neither the test nor oath outside Canada. You should be physically present in Canada to take test/oath (even though these are done online).

afm759

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I have 2 quick questions that need urgent reply:

1) I was an undergrad student from September 2013 to April 2017 (last exam finished in April). I applied for my work permit on 5th May, 2017. Upon applying work permit, we get work permit status and can work. So, I started work on 5th May. So, then I was a student till 4th May. However, my actual work permit was issued on 23rd June, 2017. Now, in the physical calculator, I'm thinking of putting "international student" from 1st September 2013 to 4th May 2017. And work permit from 5th May 2017 to Jan 21st 2019 (received CoPR on 22nd Jan 2019). Is that okay?

2) We can't file tax until Feb 2021. So, in the tax section for the year 2020, should I write:

Required: Yes
Filed: No

OR

Required: No
Filed: No

^Because I'm not required to file tax until the T4s become available? But I guess I eventually have to. I'm just confused with this one.

Thank you!!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a question i need help with about Police certificate. I became PR (PR landing) in June 2017 and now applying for my citizenship. I was in US before 2017 (for more than 183 days) on a student visa (Been in US on student visa since 2012). I submitted by FBI report back then for PR purposes and then I also ordered a new FBI report (needed it again as part of my background check for work) on Dec 21 2018 and never visited US since I Immigrated to Canada (i.e. June 2017). My question is, do I need a new FBI summary check report to apply for citizenship?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Nash119739

Jan 24, 2021
Hi Guys,

I came to Canada with PR in August 2017, my wife and child moved here in July 2019. So i am able to apply for my Citizenship right now.

Questions is do they also have to wait for the 1095 days on Canadian soil before applying or can i apply for them with me as i have now satisfied the criteria?

Thanks,
Nash

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

I came to Canada with PR in August 2017, my wife and child moved here in July 2019. So i am able to apply for my Citizenship right now.

Questions is do they also have to wait for the 1095 days on Canadian soil before applying or can i apply for them with me as i have now satisfied the criteria?

Thanks,
Nash
Hi

No. You can't. Citizenship application is individual. As long as they don't meet the RO requirement (which is 1095 days now), they can't apply for citizenship even if you include them in your application as minors.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi

No. You can't. Citizenship application is individual. As long as they don't meet the RO requirement (which is 1095 days now), they can't apply for citizenship even if you include them in your application as minors.
I don't think that's true for his child. If you are going to apply for him/her at the same time, you will use this application https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html Also see this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

As for your wife, she will need to meet the residency requirement. As always, the true answer is always on the cic website.
See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/check-eligibility.asp

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I don't think that's true for his child. If you are going to apply for him/her at the same time, you will use this application https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html Also see this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

As for your wife, she will need to meet the residency requirement. As always, the true answer is always on the cic website.
See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/check-eligibility.asp
He did not mention if his child is under 18 or not. If he/she is under 18, then yea, he can apply. If his child is under18 and I misguided him, I sincerely apologize.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Nash
For your wife, no (must have 1095 days). For your kid, yes if <18yrs (add kid to your application) but if >18yrs, same as wife (must have 1095 days).

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
He did not mention if his child is under 18 or not. If he/she is under 18, then yea, he can apply. If his child is under18 and I misguided him, I sincerely apologize.
No worries, I assumed child = minor. I appreciate everyone on this form who tries to help others

Nash119739

Jan 24, 2021
Thanks guys for the replies! So I can apply for my daughter too then who is a 3 year old (sorry I missed this) by the way though she arrived on this soil in 2019.
So what would your suggestion be, whether to apply for her too along with me just to speed up the process right or is there something I am missing? And we would have 2 Canadian passports and 1 Indian whenever we fly home next.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks guys for the replies! So I can apply for my daughter too then who is a 3 year old (sorry I missed this) by the way though she arrived on this soil in 2019.
So what would your suggestion be, whether to apply for her too along with me just to speed up the process right or is there something I am missing? And we would have 2 Canadian passports and 1 Indian whenever we fly home next.
If you want her to become a citizen at the same time as you (even if they don't meet the residency requirement), then apply for them at the same time with yourself. Otherwise, you will apply for yourself only. Doing so means that they need to meet the residency requirement (1095 days) before applying or your wife can later apply for her daughter(s) when she (your wife) meets the requirement.

At this point, it's really a personal choice for you and your family if you want to become Canadians before your wife.

Reactions: Nash119739