+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

APSS112

Dec 18, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering in your experience do you know if there is a due date after they accept and approve my citizenship application for next step?
Or they tell me when I should have a test and it has a due date or I can take a test even after 1 year? :)

And also, if you experienced submitting your citizenship during COVID, how much time did it take after submitting an application?

Thanks in advance

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering in your experience do you know if there is a due date after they accept and approve my citizenship application for next step?
Or they tell me when I should have a test and it has a due date or I can take a test even after 1 year? :)

And also, if you experienced submitting your citizenship during COVID, how much time did it take after submitting an application?

Thanks in advance
There are no due dates for any step in citizenship application.

Reactions: APSS112

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Hello All, I have quick question-
In address history, how can I mention two addresses of same time?
For example - I have my address proof of Ottawa where I live during weekend but I work in Mississauga, and stay in Brampton during weekdays at my relatives place, to avoid daily commute.
What should I write in my application?

Last edited:

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys. Could you please help me with the tax table in the application?

I became a PR/landed in Canada in November 2017 and I will submit my citizenship application on December 30, 2020.
Before becoming a PR, I lived in my home country.

So I filed my taxes in Canada for 2017, 2018, and 2019.
In the table below do I have to mention 2020 and put No for Taxes filed? Cause it's not a tax season yet. Or do I not mention 2020 at all?

Here is what I have put as per now:

Many thanks in advance for your help!

blingyrie

May 10, 2017

I became a PR/landed in Canada in November 2017 and I will submit my citizenship application on December 30, 2020.

In the table below do I have to mention 2020 and put No for Taxes filed? Cause it's not a tax season yet. Or do I not mention 2020 at all?

It’s correct

Reactions: Dedicated

cssa

Feb 19, 2018
I have few questions regarding the citizenship application
1. I have taken an online degree based in us[UT Austin], what address do I mention in Q11 of the application? I lived in Vancouver at that time
2. In Q11 whenever I was unemployed do I mention the address I lived at that point of time as the address?
3. I worked as a freelancer for a 3 days in a company I have written [Self employed-Name of the comapany-Address NA, City Vancouver, Canada], Is this acceptable? I don't know the address of the startup.

For Q9 and Q10
I was an international student in Canada before this 5 year eligibility period, do I include this Date your status was obtained/effective in Q9?
Do I include the starting date[from section] from which I lived in an address [ie before 5 year eligibility period in the address section for Q11] because I spent a portion of the 5 year eligibility period in the same address?

Last edited:

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thats correct. Mine is similar as well.

Reactions: Dedicated

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi Everyone, I applied for my Citizenship with my spouse on November 26th 2020. Please let me know if there is any one with the same timeline. Thanks

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding police clearance certificate for citizenship. It’s a bit confusing for me and need help from the members. It is in regards to the requirements of PCC based on 180 days or more in a row in last four years, now the situation is such that I will be applying in Feb2021 for citizenship, based on that last 4 year starts from feb 2017. I came back to Canada after spending 503 days in total outside in July 2017. However based on 4 years criteria for PCC the number of days between Feb2017 to July 2017 are less then 183 days though in actual I spend more time in a particular country starting from May 2015 till July 2017. However 4 years time starts from Feb 2017. So I am confused do I need to provide PCC or no. Request a help.

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hi All,

I am applying for Canada Citizenship and in process of filling forms. For ID proof I am providing below.

1. My Drivers license
2. My Current and Previous Indian Passport copies.
3. OHIP - which got expired. i am trying to renew it and it seems the Service Ontario locations not accepting OHIP renewals at this time. Will CIC accept expired OHIP card (due to Present situation).

OR what other document I can provide them as ID Proof.

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
Hey Guys, Can someone or @rajkamalmohanram please help me with the tax table in the application?

I became a PR/landed in Canada in May 2017 and I will submit my citizenship application in January 2021.

In the table do I have to mention 2020 and put No for Taxes filed? As it is not time to file taxes yet.
Or do not need to mention 2020 at all.

Thank you for your response.

DM95

Dec 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have sent out my paper citizenship application today and there is one section that I am still a bit confused about. I know this is something that I should have looked into prior to submitting, and to be honest with you I did. I did call IRCC and here is the information that I was given and I wanted to get a second opinion from this forum.

Question 9:

During your five (5) year eligibility period did you have Temporary Resident or Protected Person status in Canada before becoming a permanent
resident?

I answered YES.

Now in the last five years I had international student and post graduate work permit status.

So in the table below the Question 9 where i had to input the status and the dates i have done the following:

I had international student status from 2014 to 2017 followed by work permit from 2017 to 2018.

Now based on the conversation with IRCC agent, I entered:

International Student from 2015 to 2017 (Since according to the agent they are only interested in the last five years, and I did not enter the actual dates of my International Student status).

So here I sit and wonder if this is something critical? From my understanding they only care about the last five years, so the fact that I put 2015 to 2017 should be sufficient, however, I would just like to confirm that there will not be issues with me not putting the actual issue date.

Please let me know what do you guys think. Would really appreciate your input.

Thanks