Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello,

I came to canada on 7 december 17. In that year i used to be in dubai from 2014 until september 2017. September 17 till dcember 6 i was in my home country.
Do i need to provide PCC for dubai or for home country?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram . Thanks for putting this together, great to see your thread again after the PR app.

A quick question for tax filing , if landed in 2017 :

2016 Status: Required to file (No) and Taxes filed (No)
2017/2018/ 2019 Status : Required to file (Yes) and Taxes filed (Yes)
2020 Status: Required to file (Yes) and Taxes filed (No)

Does this read correct?
2020 doesn't look good IMO. Required to file = YES and Filed = NO doesn't look good. Since you technically aren't yet required to file taxes for 2020 (until after Feb 2021), you should answer NO to both IMO.

I know others did have this confusion so I will let them address this.

For me, since my eligibility period is from 2015 - 2020, the 5 tax years that I entered were 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. I did not mention 2020 there.

Reactions: manboarpig

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
Please add me to the tracker

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1175
Application Sent: Jul 31, 2020
Application Delivered: Aug 06, 2020
AOR: Nov 21, 2020
In Process ECAS:
Test invite letter / ECAS Date:
Test Interview Date:
DM Date:
Oath letter Date:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello,

I came to canada on 7 december 17. In that year i used to be in dubai from 2014 until september 2017. September 17 till dcember 6 i was in my home country.
Do i need to provide PCC for dubai or for home country?
Can somone please respond?

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020

In Process ECAS:
Test Interview Date:
DM Date:
Oath letter Date:
Oath Ceremony Date:
Could @rajkamalmohanram or someone else please confirm if my above details have been added 2020 tracker ? Thanks

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I received an email confirming the AOR and that the study guide has been mailed to me last month. But it has been almost 25 days and i did not receive the study guide by mail yet. So when i checked my citizenship application status i noticed that my home address is my Canadian address but my mailing address is listed as my Indian Address as per my current passport. could this be the reason why i have not received my study guide yet ? should i use the online tool to update both the home address & mailing address to my current canada residence ? Even afterwards how would i re-request a copy of the actual study guide or any other mails which i had missed because of this address discrepancy ? any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I received an email confirming the AOR and that the study guide has been mailed to me last month. But it has been almost 25 days and i did not receive the study guide by mail yet. So when i checked my citizenship application status i noticed that my home address is my Canadian address but my mailing address is listed as my Indian Address as per my current passport. could this be the reason why i have not received my study guide yet ? should i use the online tool to update both the home address & mailing address to my current canada residence ? Even afterwards how would i re-request a copy of the actual study guide or any other mails which i had missed because of this address discrepancy ? any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
1. The study guide is right here => https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf
2. I don't think IRCC sends you a physical copy of the book. If you read the AOR PDF, you will see a link where you can find this book.
3. I am not sure where you are seeing 2 addresses. If you login to the ECAS system, it shows you only one address.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

In Process ECAS:
Test Interview Date:
DM Date:
Oath letter Date:
Oath Ceremony Date:
This is not the correct thread to do this. Find the August 2020 citizenship thread and post this information there. The month-wise threads would be a better place to post the status of your application. This thread is for general discussion about citizenship process / questions.

The link to the tracker is in my signature.

Reactions: Sanathkumar C

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
1. The study guide is right here => https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf
2. I don't think IRCC sends you a physical copy of the book. If you read the AOR PDF, you will see a link where you can find this book.
3. I am not sure where you are seeing 2 addresses. If you login to the ECAS system, it shows you only one address.
Hi @rajkamalmohanram ,

Thanks for the quick response.

3. I am not sure where you are seeing 2 addresses. If you login to the ECAS system, it shows you only one address. - Can you please share the link of the URL where i can check the ECAS system status ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: Sanathkumar C

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2020 doesn't look good IMO. Required to file = YES and Filed = NO doesn't look good. Since you technically aren't yet required to file taxes for 2020 (until after Feb 2021), you should answer NO to both IMO.

I know others did have this confusion so I will let them address this.

For me, since my eligibility period is from 2015 - 2020, the 5 tax years that I entered were 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. I did not mention 2020 there.
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram your response sounds logical.
If anyone else who faced a similar situation please chime in if otherwise.

niksp2019

Aug 28, 2019
Hello All..

I have looked at the citizenship application form (cit0002e-2) and i have 3 questions to ask (i have already clicked on the "?" help guide on the form and seen their instructions/help)....so the questions below are in addition after reading the help portions in the form

(Q1) Regarding Section 10 - List of addresses :
if my submission of application date is Dec 16th 2020, then if i backtrack 5 yrs to list all residences i lived in...what date do i put in for "from date" of the earliest residence.....should the "from date" be exactly the date that is backdated 5 yrs from current date of submission or the actual "from date" where i moved into that residence which was about 2 yrs earlier...like in 2013/2014?

(Q2) Regarding Section 12 - Filing Income Taxes:
What does "Required to File Taxes" actually mean as opposed to "Not Required". I filed all my taxes since my first year of landing however i dont know whether or not it was required. I can say that I filed for every year because its the right thing to do...but i do not know whether or not it was required.

(Q3) Regarding Section 13 - Immigration status in other countries besides Canada:
I have visited many countries as a tourist (visitors visa). Does this count as "immigration status" in a country?....Although they clearly state the types of immigration status that counts( i.e. student, employment, permanent residence, refugee and/or citizenship)...i would like to know if this list excludes visitor visa status. Also what about being formerly "child dependent" under my parents when i was a child living in 2 foreign countries for more than 6 yrs in each....do i list this and if so...what status do i put?

Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated and much thanks in advance! :)

Nik

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello All..

I have looked at the citizenship application form (cit0002e-2) and i have 3 questions to ask (i have already clicked on the "?" help guide on the form and seen their instructions/help)....so the questions below are in addition after reading the help portions in the form

(Q1) Regarding Section 10 - List of addresses :
if my submission of application date is Dec 16th 2020, then if i backtrack 5 yrs to list all residences i lived in...what date do i put in for "from date" of the earliest residence.....should the "from date" be exactly the date that is backdated 5 yrs from current date of submission or the actual "from date" where i moved into that residence which was about 2 yrs earlier...like in 2013/2014?

You go back exactly 5 years from the date you sign the application (the starting of the eligibility period) and use those dates as "from date".

(Q2) Regarding Section 12 - Filing Income Taxes:

What does "Required to File Taxes" actually mean as opposed to "Not Required". I filed all my taxes since my first year of landing however i dont know whether or not it was required. I can say that I filed for every year because its the right thing to do...but i do not know whether or not it was required.

If you are not sure, it is safe to assume that you had to pay taxes. That is to say - if you aren't sure if you were required to pay taxes or not, just check 'Yes' to 'Required to pay taxes' and answer 'Yes' under 'Taxes filed' too if you filed tax return for that year.

(Q3) Regarding Section 13 - Immigration status in other countries besides Canada:

I have visited many countries as a tourist (visitors visa). Does this count as "immigration status" in a country?....Although they clearly state the types of immigration status that counts( i.e. student, employment, permanent residence, refugee and/or citizenship)...i would like to know if this list excludes visitor visa status. Also what about being formerly "child dependent" under my parents when i was a child living in 2 foreign countries for more than 6 yrs in each....do i list this and if so...what status do i put?

I don't think that being a visitor counts as having 'immigration status'. If a person has visited 40 countries, it is comical to think that this person has an immigration status in 40 different countries. For this particular question, IMO, 'Immigration Status' means a study visa, work visa, permanent residence or citizenship, not a visitor/tourist visa.

Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated and much thanks in advance! :)

Nik

niksp2019

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram for your reply and insight! Very much appreciated...

I had 3 more questions to ask regarding the form all pertaining to Section 14.

Regarding Section 14: - Travel Documents in 5-year eligibility period

My situation is such that I landed in Canada as PR on April 2017. Before that, I was under "student status" in the USA from Jun 2004 to April 2017 the day I left the USA to land in Canada.

Now there are 3 things to state here as background to my questions

To keep ones status valid as a student in the USA, there is the F1 student visa (which is exclusively entry/exit visa) and the I-20 documents issued by universities one is studying at.

If the F1 student visa expires, then one still has legal status as long as I-20 (whether new or old) are in good current standing which means that one must not be in the country if both F1 has expired AND I-20 is expired.

My F1 student visa expired in 2008..its validity was (2004-2008). Since coming to USA in 2004, I did not leave at all until 2017. I also have many I-20s issued from different universities...i.e. Bachelors, Masters, Phd.....etc. My entire duration of stay/study in USA was in complete good legal standing.

Lastly, there is a document-slip called the "I-94" provided to ensure validity of duration of studies along with F1 student visa at port of entry for first time landing in the USA (which was given to me in 2004). This original document-slip is just as equally important (to validate legal immigration status in USA) but I had to give this up and return it to USA immigration authorities at the airport the moment I left USA for landing in Canada.

Regarding Section 14 on Citizenship form..i have the following 3 questions

(1) Can I assume that Canadian Citizenship officers would know about the difference in F1-Student Visa (which is exclusively entry/exit visa), I-20 documents to validate study duration and status, and I-94 (to validate legal standing to stay as long as studies are continuing) ?...Or do i need to explain this on a separate signed/dated attachment especially with respect to fact that i was in good legal standing despite F1 visa expiring in 2008?

(2) In the table provided for Section 14, do i need to list each and every document F1 Student Visa and all I-20s given?

(3) If i have to list all travel documents i have in my possession, then what about the I-94 document slip which i had to give up when leaving USA? I dont even have any photocopies or scanned copies of this document...so in this situation what do i do?

Again, thanks in advance to you and anyone else to takes effort to help answer these questions i have!

Very much appreciated! :)